Pro heights

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by killest, Jan 31, 2007.

1. killest

killest Regular Member

Hi,

So i was watching a game between Taufik and Chen Hong and the commentator said... "i dont know how Taufik gets the power, hes obviously not that big or strong", and i thought about it and checked up on Taufik's height. Turns out his official height is 5 9' but is it REALLY? i mean when he stands next to the net his face barely comes over it. Id put him at more like 5 5'.... i mean im 5 7' and my face comes pretty much fully over the net when standing in the centre.. Do you think the heights for certain professionals are wrong?

2. asphyxiate

asphyxiate Regular Member

Maybe its an ego thing or something :p .. I don't think Taufik's as short as 5'5 though for sure. I'm sure he's at least 5'7+. I've heard a lot of different heights of different players though so who knows, especially in cm.

I remember seeing on some pro tennis website that Serena Williams weighed in at only 140 lbs. Yeah right :D.

But the point is that yeah... I guess a lot of players' official measurements could be wrong.. or just old when they've grown since.

3. jerby

jerby Regular Member

or just converted wrongly...saw one site say Peter Gade was 1.65m ...he's 1.83m according to his own site...

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

5. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I think the players reported the height themselves instead of being measured officially. And different people measured their height differently. Long time ago, when we took the ID picture in Hong Kong, we needed to take our shoes off. But a few years later, they changed the rule, we were measured with the shoes on. So many of my friends wore 2 or 3 inches heel shoes to take the ID pictures. I left Hong Kong for a long time, not sure what the rule is now.

6. virtualkidneys!

virtualkidneys! Regular Member

some people measure differently to others which is why some seem so much bigger compared to other players, but in real life most players are normally the same height bout 5,7 - 5,9 ish.