any idea how to make a bouquet of "shuttlecocks"?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by bertbrainz, Jan 31, 2007.

1. bertbrainz

bertbrainz Regular Member

hey dudes...do u all noe how to make a bouquet of "shuttlecocks"?as in lyk the same as flowers but replacing it with shuttlecocks instead...:) :) :) i think it must be a create present for valentines day...lol...but any tips on how to make it?:D :D :D :D

2. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    dip the feathers in pure red food coloring, and get some metal wires
    and stick the cork in the ends of the wire and make a dozen wires about 3 inchs long and then tie the wires, maybe hid them somehow... humm. sweet idea

3. bertbrainz

haha...but shuld i make the wire of different lenghts to make the bouqet look rounder????wad is the ideal number of shuttle cock i need???OMG...haha....cant imagine my girl holding on to a bouquet of "shuttlecocks" instead of roses on the street...=x...will she be pleased with the idea or will she be turned off?btw...she plays badminton too...=)

4. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    if you bend out the feathers around the midpoint, it'll REALLY look like flowers.

5. bertbrainz

lol...great idea...but i think bending the midpoint really need some skill?cause its rather sturdy...wad do u all suggest?shuld i use shuttles of lower quality or higher quality?come on baddies!!!help me out with this...give me more ideas!!!haha...

6. westwood_13

Student
    low quality... after all, they all look the same, just fly differently. and it's pretty easy, you can just snap them so that they stay at a 90 degree angle to the base of the shuttle.

7. wun.sun

wun.sun Regular Member

what if she is reading this right now..... :p

8. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    lol, next post:"nice try", but um ideas, run to canadian tire and buy green wires, i've seen it before to use in the garden, oh darn u dont have canadian tire right, umm yah i still think my idea rocks , use cheap shuttles, and then go to the flower store and get her real flowers, and give her the shuttle-flowers then say "i tryed but their not as good as these..." then give her the real ones, aww soemthing liek that, thatd work

9. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I have a sneaky feeling this is not going to work. :(

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Otherwise kwun would have done this on his wedding! :D

But I think it is a brilliant idea for someone who is also keen on badminton.

Why not make a few sketches first and show us how your bouquet looks like?
    What are your friend's favourite colours so that you could paint the feathers of some shuttles in her different colours. How about paint the cork gold? Has she got a favourite flower as well so that you could also add some to your bouquet?

I think the wires should be of different lengths and shapes. You should also use part of the badminton net as your background.

But do make a few sketches first to start off with! :D

11. bertbrainz

wow...haha...net as background...nice ideal eh...haha...she wun be reading it...she doesnt come to this forum...haha...she lykes blue...but blue seems abit...dead...haha...sketch?i do not noe how to upload pics here...pls help...=))...lol...but will cheap shuttles last???

12. bertbrainz

but how do i carry 2 bouquet of "flowers"???lol...

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    OK, but you can paint different shades of blue, from darker to lighter. Maybe also to leave some parts of the feather on a few shuttles white to make them more alive!

Add some golden or silver 'sparklers' to your feathers to make them shine and come alive. I hope you know what I meant by this, like sprinkle some very fine golden/silver/blue 'ashes' that you may be able to find in art shops, etc. Sorry I can't find a word for that.

After your flower shuttles are moulded and painted, you can spray some sort of transparent paint (ask the spray paint shop for advice) over your creations to "hold them fast and steady". ;)

14. bertbrainz

hey loh....tts of great help man...but wad kind of paint shuld i use?haha...u done this b4?u seem so experienced...haha...=)))...or ar u a designer urself?=)):D:D:D

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sorry, I've not done this before and if I have to do it, I'll need to experiment with the different materials. To bring the cost down, you may try to use postal colours but because it is water based, you need to hold the colour fast by using the transparent paint sprays (get advice from shop). Practise first before you embark on your actual shuttle bouquet.

I've made a sketch to give you an idea. You can use any number of shuttles you like so long as you are happy with them. The wire mesh I proposed should have holes big enough for you to stick the shuttles into. But please use your imagination/creativity and whatever other better resources that you can command. :D

Attached Files:

16. bertbrainz

wow...cool...thks alot dude!!!!=)))

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Another idea... :)

Attached Files:

18. westwood_13

Student
    Those are amazizng, I like your writing. It's very engineer-esque.

19. bertbrainz

yup yup...are u a designer or sumthing lyk dat?haha...ur sketches are really cool...lol...thks for ur help...but on valentines day...it is beta to give lyk in a bouqet rite?cause if lyk in a pot...its kind of wierd...haha...

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you very much, gentlemen! :eek:

But I'm an ordinary guy like you, much older, but no less wiser. :)

I'm not a designer but like to admire things beautiful, resplendent in different colours, shapes, sizes, textures, etc. I guess I was lucky to have visited the recently organized "Garden Festival in Singapore" at our Suntec City and saw some beautiful creations by the most talented around the world. That helped me to pick up ideas here and there. And the variety of orchids on display was amazing!

I hope I will be able to have access to all these beautiful things, whether natural or man-made. :D