User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right, right..so two different strings at the exact same tension perform equally ? same power?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    right, right..so two different strings at the exact same tension perform equally ? same power?
    Different strings can achieve equivalent power when tension is properly configured. I see no point in sacrificing durability purely for power, because it is unnecessary. If thin strings are used for a reason other than power, i see no problem with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDoo6
    Different strings can achieve equivalent power when tension is properly configured. I see no point in sacrificing durability purely for power, because it is unnecessary. If thin strings are used for a reason other than power, i see no problem with that.
    so a 0.86mm thick string can be just as powerfull as a 0.66mm string...as long as the tension is "right"?

I use a 0.70mm string, btw, (ashaway MP ..had to try it), so I'm not a bg66 fanboy..but if the abvoe is what you're saying..try bg66...
    Last edited by jerby; 02-04-2007 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0.25lbs makes a great deal of difference to me. It makes the difference between playable and a lot less playable. I use a maximum relative tension variance of only .75lbs between the weakest player (7 year old kid) and strongest player (county level) I know when I string for them. Precisely how it is done, I don't care to explain.
    I find this hilarious , don't you know your racket string tension will drop and drop and drop up to 3-5 lbs. from your original string tension? Well, 1-2lbs. for your ultra low tension jobs.

BTW, here's more amunition for you to get me banned: string power has nothing to do with the string, but everything to do with those .25lb steps.
    Who wants you banned? I doubt anyone here, you are comic relief. If anything we all love you.

I certainly don't want you to get banned, I want to help you get lai... errrr...improve you game, yeah, that's it. You need to try higher tension, you know that's why Pete LSD and Cooler get all the girls, their high tension string jobs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a 0.70mm string, btw, (ashaway MP ..had to try it), so I'm not a bg66 fanboy..but if the abvoe is what you're saying..try bg66...
    MP is great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so a 0.86mm thick string can be just as powerfull as a 0.66mm string...as long as the tension is "right"?

Yes using tennis/squash string on a badminton racket is just as powerful if the tension is right.

I have all the power I need from my existing string, I don't see the point of using BG66.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    I find this hilarious , don't you know your racket string tension will drop and drop and drop up to 3-5 lbs. from your original string tension? Well, 1-2lbs. for your ultra low tension jobs.
    My strings don't drop very much in tension. As it is my 15lbs string strung 2 months ago is still too tight. Maybe after 2 months or more, it will be perfect. My next restring will have to start at 14.75lbs.

I certainly don't want you to get banned, I want to help you get lai... errrr...improve you game, yeah, that's it. You need to try higher tension, you know that's why Pete LSD and Cooler get all the girls, their high tension string jobs.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will try impressing girls with my high tension from now on, even though I don't use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, don't give out all our secrets!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0.25lbs makes a great deal of difference to me. It makes the difference between playable and a lot less playable. I use a maximum relative tension variance of only .75lbs between the weakest player (7 year old kid) and strongest player (county level) I know when I string for them. Precisely how it is done, I don't care to explain.

BTW, here's more amunition for you to get me banned: string power has nothing to do with the string, but everything to do with those .25lb steps.
    boy i've been lurking around the forum reading CoolDoo6's posts, and let me tell u this one just made me lollmaorofl.

from the moment i read of ur posts about ur "clearing" and how u "clear the hell" out of ppl, i thought, "this guy hasn't played too high a level of badminton yet so he'll prolly eventually figure out that equipment isn't everything" but then u just keep going on and on with ur computer-like sensitivity of 0.25 lbs difference.

let me ask u a question, how exactly do u "clear the hell" out of ppl when the FURTHEST u can go is to the baseline, or do u play games without boundaries. and if u actually play against players that are skilled,u'll see what happens when u clear too often. and with a tension like 15 lbs, i would LOVE to see how ur dropshots go 3 feet past the service line. u DO know how to execute an overhead dropshot rite?

i wonder, are u really the master of optimum efficiency in tension as u claim to be, because if anyone took THAT kind of advice, who needs to train anymore? all u need to do is bring ur tension to 15 lbs, and for weaker players maybe 12 lbs. you are basically telling us that even a person who has NEVER touched a racket can clear from baseline to baseline with some equipment tweaking.

and u string for ppl too! hmm... that county level player, has he ever seen u play? and if he has, y not ask him whether or not he agrees with u or not. how many yrs of stringing experience have u had?

its too bad that im only 16 and cant afford my own plane ticket (like my parents would agree to such a rediculous idea ne way) cuz i would fly all the way to london just to play u and see what u are really made of. then Badminton Central would know if ur the real deal, or if ur just full of hot air. o well... maybe in 2 yrs.

well im jus gonna end my post here, and go have some dinner(which is most likely cold now), besides, i need to give u some time to try and pick apart my post so u can make a decent rebuttle(even though u'll probably end up picking apart the things that were the least important)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, different strings give a different feel in both control and power. I have tried standard BG65 and BG68Ti with the second one a better string for me with more power and control when both were strung at 25lbs. I'm about to give BG80 a go and you can bet it'll be different again. 0.25lb at such a low tension won't make any difference at all, even at high tensions the difference wouldn't mean squat. You just walk out onto the court and try to think about how to beat your aponent, if you are worried about your string tension being 0.25lbs out then you may as well collect rackets and give them to your mates to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drop_n_net
    boy i've been lurking around the forum reading CoolDoo6's posts, and let me tell u this one just made me lollmaorofl.

from the moment i read of ur posts about ur "clearing" and how u "clear the hell" out of ppl, i thought, "this guy hasn't played too high a level of badminton yet so he'll prolly eventually figure out that equipment isn't everything" but then u just keep going on and on with ur computer-like sensitivity of 0.25 lbs difference.

let me ask u a question, how exactly do u "clear the hell" out of ppl when the FURTHEST u can go is to the baseline, or do u play games without boundaries. and if u actually play against players that are skilled,u'll see what happens when u clear too often. and with a tension like 15 lbs, i would LOVE to see how ur dropshots go 3 feet past the service line. u DO know how to execute an overhead dropshot rite?

i wonder, are u really the master of optimum efficiency in tension as u claim to be, because if anyone took THAT kind of advice, who needs to train anymore? all u need to do is bring ur tension to 15 lbs, and for weaker players maybe 12 lbs. you are basically telling us that even a person who has NEVER touched a racket can clear from baseline to baseline with some equipment tweaking.

and u string for ppl too! hmm... that county level player, has he ever seen u play? and if he has, y not ask him whether or not he agrees with u or not. how many yrs of stringing experience have u had?

its too bad that im only 16 and cant afford my own plane ticket (like my parents would agree to such a rediculous idea ne way) cuz i would fly all the way to london just to play u and see what u are really made of. then Badminton Central would know if ur the real deal, or if ur just full of hot air. o well... maybe in 2 yrs.

well im jus gonna end my post here, and go have some dinner(which is most likely cold now), besides, i need to give u some time to try and pick apart my post so u can make a decent rebuttle(even though u'll probably end up picking apart the things that were the least important)
    but his fake ti-10 is a match to the 14.75 lb
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...highlight=fake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drop_n_net
    Glad to see you have done the research. I still stand by a lot of the points I made in the past.

When I originally found an overnight ability to clear, it was an incredible experience . Because before that, for more than a year I could not clear and believed I would never be able to clear. So I used a lot of clears once I had the ability. Clears were and remains effective against social/casual/once-a-week/low-level-club players. Even aginst better players now, clearing isn't fatal as a rule. These days, I use less clears, although I still enjoy the power of cross court clears when I find my opponent and myself dueling in the corner boxes on the same side of the court.

My concept of clearing the hell out of people was simply to keep clearing until the opponent ran out of steam.

Of course playing style changes over time. Clearance is no longer novel to me as it once was. Now I just like to smash the hell out of people. Who knows, maybe next year I will do something completely different. One thing I am certain is that the raw power of my smash using 15lbs tension isn't less than some using 26lbs. My smashing technique isn't free flowing, or even correct - my body is mostly full on still. I can't imagine what my power will be like once I perfected the smash.

I accepted being a D player in another thread. By April I will promote myself to a C player because by then my league team would have wiped out the remaining opposition and we would be promoted to a higher division for next season. I aim to become a B player in a couple of years time, and that will be as far as I will go.

I consider myself a master of racket optimisation because I invested a great deal of time and materials in it. The optimisation is for my own benefit and to a lesser extent for those who use my string jobs. Precisely how it is done is a trade secret. Maybe I will offer the benefit to others if one day I decide to operate a racket optimisation business. There's no question in my mind that power does not necessarily need skill. But I don't dispute the fact that skill can bring power.

I have been misleading with the .25lb idea. It has nothing to do with adjusting the string tension by .25lbs in the conventional sense.

I do play with everyone I string for. I listen to what they have to say, adjust my play if I can manage it, and ignore them if I can't. I just do what come naturally, and don't bother to train because I just like playing.

I am not going to accept BC challenges until I am a B player.
    Last edited by CoolDoo6; 02-04-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    but his fake ti-10 is a match to the 14.75 lb
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...highlight=fake
    The fake has been retired having given me a 3 month injury from which I have now fully recovered. The price isn't worth paying. But still, it's a damn interesting racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MP is great!
    especially for the unbroken ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes using tennis/squash string on a badminton racket is just as powerful if the tension is right.

I have all the power I need from my existing string, I don't see the point of using BG66.
    dude, why always exagurate? is a real-life comaprison somehow not good enough?
    anyhow, you're on your own in this one...because it really is bullocks..

as for the second part..what the hell? you say every string can be powerfull enough..yet you have not tested anything?

and you expect to become a "B-player" without training? Or are you just going to convince yourself you're a B-player?

BTW, Drop&net...there might be a BC-player closer to Cooldoob...
    Does Gollum have a camera?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude, why always exagurate? is a real-life comaprison somehow not good enough?
    anyhow, you're on your own in this one...because it really is bullocks..
    For tennis/squash strings to work, I would recommend hyper low tension. Maybe starting from 1lbs ? Until you try, you will never know. So stop guessing.

as for the second part..what the hell? you say every string can be powerfull enough..yet you have not tested anything?
    Because I don't believe a large part of the power comes from the string material/construction. So string is not all that relevent.

and you expect to become a "B-player" without training? Or are you just going to convince yourself you're a B-player?
    I play league. If I can stand up to opponents in my play or even beat them, then I am as good as they are. There's no easier measure than that.

BTW, Drop&net...
    The opponent is in the corner box. His partner at the T. Clearing to the other corner box is a lots of fun.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I am super sensitive to tension, even a .25lbs can make a great deal of difference.
    Another case our "CD6" hijacked a thread, and started a debate on anything rather than the original topic.

0.25lb difference. Ok, like master Dink pointed out, the string lose tension as time goes on. Sure, with a 15lb racket to begin with, the difference won't be as much as a 25lb one, but i seriously doubt it could be within 0.25lb range.

Never have to metion, every string machine has an "error" range. Many well made ones claim the range could be within +/- 0.5lb. So, if your request is 0.25lb, then, most of your "perfect" jobs can't be used to begin with. In additional, different head shape, pattern, knotting can well contribute to tension difference, which is surely more than 0.25lb.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast