User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Cooldoo,

May I ask what brand and model of string machine do you use. I am having difficulties finding the info from your post before.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDoo6
    For tennis/squash strings to work, I would recommend hyper low tension. Maybe starting from 1lbs ? Until you try, you will never know. So stop guessing.

Because I don't believe a large part of the power comes from the string material/construction. So string is not all that relevent.

I play league. If I can stand up to opponents in my play or even beat them, then I am as good as they are. There's no easier measure than that.

The opponent is in the corner box. His partner at the T. Clearing to the other corner box is a lots of fun.
    where to begin, where to begin:
    -please, please never mention tennis or squash strings for badminton again, and we'll just forget about this..I did my testing with stringthickness, and power decreases..please stop

-if we're discussion the true origin of "power" we shouldn't be looking in the equipment section anyway...about a 101 people disagree with stringchoice being irrelavent..I'm not the only one..Prove I'm right? I can not, prove you're wrong? impossible...Just the power of majority
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/revi...cat.php/cat/29

-I wasn't asking how you 'measure' yourself as a player..I was referring to the how

-drop&net was the blokes name who replied abotu flying to the UK...and your desciption of a "mens doubles" is well...argh forget about it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all, just came back from badminton training.

When I originally found an overnight ability to clear, it was an incredible experience . Because before that, for more than a year I could not clear and believed I would never be able to clear. So I used a lot of clears once I had the ability. Clears were and remains effective against social/casual/once-a-week/low-level-club players. Even aginst better players now, clearing isn't fatal as a rule. These days, I use less clears, although I still enjoy the power of cross court clears when I find my opponent and myself dueling in the corner boxes on the same side of the court.

My concept of clearing the hell out of people was simply to keep clearing until the opponent ran out of steam.

Of course playing style changes over time. Clearance is no longer novel to me as it once was. Now I just like to smash the hell out of people. Who knows, maybe next year I will do something completely different. One thing I am certain is that the raw power of my smash using 15lbs tension isn't less than some using 26lbs. My smashing technique isn't free flowing, or even correct - my body is mostly full on still.
    first of all, i want to know, what is your build like? are u muscular, tall, short, skinny? i don't believe guys cant make a baseline clear. there is this girl at my club. she is skinny, and probably under 165 cm tall, but she can make a decent clear with a racket at 22 lbs strung. she doesnt have a huge forearm either.

so you can play clears without worrying about your opponents attacking play? dunno if you are aware, but when you play a clear, what do you think the players in the B group will do? maybe its working for u now, but it will turn out quite ugly eventually. when you play a lot of clears you are inviting long rallies too. since you mentioned your stance when you execute your shot, im pretty sure your footwork isnt too good either. and you'd think wrong if you think thats just a silly conjecture, because standing still told the whole story, your recovery time, control of bird, everything is affected.

since you only mentioned that you clear and smash "the hell" outta ppl, ill assume (for now) that you cant play drop shots. you CANNOT win just by clears and smashes in higher levels, unless you have excellent footwork and fitness. did you think you would be standing still when you play? they'll run you all over the court, then they'll run all over you.

I accepted being a D player in another thread. By April I will promote myself to a C player because by then my league team would have wiped out the remaining opposition and we would be promoted to a higher division for next season. I aim to become a B player in a couple of years time, and that will be as far as I will go.
    wooww!!! you can promote yourself in the club you go to? thats sweet!

I am not going to accept BC challenges until I am a B player.
    let me know when that happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart
    Hi Cooldoo,

May I ask what brand and model of string machine do you use. I am having difficulties finding the info from your post before.

Thanks
    I use pro's pro drop weight. The granularity of the scale can be lower than 0.25lbs. But I just use 0.25lb units for convinience. It is true that errors in tensioning can eliminate a 0.25lbs difference. But I am consistent, and on average, strings tensioned at 0.25lbs higher are generally tighter. The 0.25lb difference is futher multiplied by my stringing method. So a 0.25lb difference can produce a string bed solid as a board or something more bouncy. Even in my peak condition, I could not handle the board-like state of the string at 15lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even in my peak condition, I could not handle the board-like state of the string at 15lbs.
    I just had to rip that bit out of context..

is there a thread for famous quotes? there should be....

sorry for "OT-ing" in a thread like this..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    0.25lb difference. Ok, like master Dink pointed out, the string lose tension as time goes on. Sure, with a 15lb racket to begin with, the difference won't be as much as a 25lb one, but i seriously doubt it could be within 0.25lb range.
    I have no idea if the tension drop by 0.25lbs or a lot more. But I don't think it matters. I find the string becomes more useable as time goes on. The start off tension determines how quickly we get to that more useable state. Right now I just feel my start off tension needs to be 0.25lbs lower.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even in my peak condition, I could not handle the board-like state of the string at 15lbs.
    15lbs. board-like?!?!?!?!?!

I just recently strung three of my rackets at 25.0/27.5lbs. and after two days of use, want to cut the strings because they are too loose.

I'm going back to at least 27.0/29.75lbs. It's just crisper, more satisfying. 25/27.5 felt too spongey, especially for net play; I can't imagine what 15lbs. would feel like, probably like hitting molasses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drop_n_net
    first of all, i want to know, what is your build like? are u muscular, tall, short, skinny? i don't believe guys cant make a baseline clear. there is this girl at my club. she is skinny, and probably under 165 cm tall, but she can make a decent clear with a racket at 22 lbs strung. she doesnt have a huge forearm either.
    OMG, the girl you know is taller than me. I am only 164cm and slim build. No wonder I couldn't clear. Of course the story is now completely different. I can clear the hell out of any girl as well as any men at or 1 level better than my level.

I am not a fitness fanatic, so I don't train and don't have much muscles. The only muscles developed after 2 years of continuous play is at the back of my playing shoulder. I have given up all hopes of having a body looking like arnie, from playing badminton.

so you can play clears without worrying about your opponents attacking play? dunno if you are aware, but when you play a clear, what do you think the players in the B group will do?
    Being smashed at is good for improving defence.

since you only mentioned that you clear and smash "the hell" outta ppl, ill assume (for now) that you cant play drop shots.
    Perhaps this time next year I will be dropping the hell out of people.

wooww!!! you can promote yourself in the club you go to? thats sweet!
    Yes, we are a friendly club. We get promoted when we win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps this time next year I will be dropping the hell out of people.
    Now that sounds much more reasonable!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Now that sounds much more reasonable!
    watch out for Cooldoo6 as he might eventually progress to dinking the hell out of people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doob6, I think he was more referring to your play style/level..actually...I think he meant his psot in an entirely different way than you replied...

anyways,
    clearing the hell out of people, or smashing the hell out of people, dropping the hell out of people, lobbing the hell out of people, driving the hell out of people, serving the hell out of people, or flicking the hell out of people all make it sound like the player is a "one trick pony"...

the last person I saw winning by clearing the hell out of people was...I guess 12 years old..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    doob6, I think he was more referring to your play style/level..actually...I think he meant his psot in an entirely different way than you replied...

anyways,
    clearing the hell out of people, or smashing the hell out of people, dropping the hell out of people, lobbing the hell out of people, driving the hell out of people, serving the hell out of people, or flicking the hell out of people all make it sound like the player is a "one trick pony"...

the last person I saw winning by clearing the hell out of people was...I guess 12 years old..
    The older they are the easier to clear the hell out of them.

I don't think I will serve the hell out of people next year because I am doing it this year. I was conscripted to play a division up recently and served the hell out of the opposition using 1 service from something like 2-2 all the way to 15-2. They didn't know what hit them. Anyway I lost the set because I relaxed too much and decided to play safe after the easy first game. I was kicking myself for the lost until I was told the lead player in the opposing team was a veteran of 20 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so?

sorry mate, but 'serving the hell out of people' or 'clearing the hell out of old people'..dude....you've really got a plate for your head...
    do those things still happen at what you call "B" matches?

doing one shot consistently to win a match, that worked for me when I was about 10...win the rally because your opponent can't clear your clear back far enough...

This can be either a terribel miscommunication, or massive level difference..or you play a different sport than we do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha all ur posts are not answering the title

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, someone did. But it was in different thread.
    You could go take a look.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=40655

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to strung my racket at 22lbs Main X 24lbs Cross tension. How it will differ from 22x22lbs. Which string tention is better? please advise....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

post some videos cooldoo6, it will enforce what you claim. even better, get some people like DinkALot or Jerby or Cooler or Kwun to meet up with you; you could really shut their mouths (assuming that you are right! which i have to shamefully admit, i dont)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast