Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: 2013 Santa Teresa Badminton Cup
02-18-2013, 05:25 PM #1
2013 Santa Teresa Badminton Cup
2013 Santa Teresa Cup Badminton Team Tournament
Link: Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cDD...POAIY/viewform
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Santa Teresa Gym
6150 Snell Ave., San Jose, CA 95123
WarmUps at 7:30AM
+ There will only be 16 Teams in the tournament.
+ Each team consists of 4 players (2 Male, 2 Females)
+ Teams will play against other team in a match in 5 events
+ 1 Men Singles
+ 1 Women Singles
+ 1 Men Doubles
+ 1 Women Doubles
+ 1 Mixed Doubles
+ Each team member can only play in two events (e.g. Both Male/Female players will play doubles, then one male/female player will play singles, and the other male/female player will play mixed
+ Before each match begins, you must turn in your lineup to the tournament director. You can switch between Singles and Mixed if you would like between matches., meaning:
+ Wilbur is on Team A
+ Team A is playing against Team B
+ Wilbur is playing Doubles and Singles against Team B
+ Team A Wins and will play Team C
+ Wilbur can now choose to continue playing Singles or change to Mixed before playing Team C
Once you turn in your lineup, you canít change them until your next match.
+ The team that wins the most matches (3 out of 5) will be declared the winner
+ If you are missing a team member, you are disqualified.
+ Females cannot play in Male events and vise versa.
+ Every player is guaranteed 4 matches!!!
+ All games, including the consolation rounds, will be a full game, best 2 out of 3, to 21.
+ Each member will pay $12 ($10 per person + $2 Custodian Fee)
!!! THIS IS SUCH A BARGAIN FOR 4 GUARANTEED MATCHES !!!
+ Cash Only. Please have exact change.
+ The deadline to sign up is Friday, March 8, 2013.
+ Please go to this link to sign up:
+ Each team must come up with a team name
+ Each team should have a cool logo as well (optional). Your team name and logo will be printed on a banner. Once you have submitted your entry form, we will e-mail you an e-mail address so you can submit your logo. Deadline for team logo will be Friday, March 15, 2013.
+ WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE THAT EACH TEAM DRESS SIMILARLY, LIKE A TEAM :P
+ Tournament will be CAPPED AT 16 TEAMS.
+ Awards will be given out to 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place (there will be a 3rd place game), and Consolation Winner. Each member on the team gets a trophy!!!!
(1) All entrants are guaranteed 4 matches!!! First round losers go to Consolation round; Winners go to winnerís bracket.
(2) EVERY MATCH IS: 2 of 3 to 21 points rally scoring, win by 2. (to a max of 30 points)
(3) Teams will not be allowed to start their first match until all team members pay the fees.
(4) Teams will be defaulted after 5 minutes if not at tournament desk and ready to play when match is called.
(5) A 10 minute break will be enforced between any back to back matches.
(6) Warm-up is limited to 5 minutes.
(7) 2 courts will be used for each Team Match. We have 8 courts total in the gym.
(8) Appropriate athletic shoes, shorts, and t-shirt must be worn at all times
(9) No Food or Drinks, besides water and Gatorade, will be allowed inside the gym.
(10) Participants will be disqualified without warning if any of the above requirements are not met.
(11) Changes may be made at anytime at the tournament directorís discretion and are final.
Questions or Concerns
Please e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.