BAM: Who's the preferred NEW coach?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by alfa2, Feb 5, 2007.

1. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    I personally would prefer someone that was once a great player to handle MS coaching job. Someone like Zhao Jian Hua or Yang Yang is definitely preferable.....anyway anyone knows what's going on for this two former world champion?:confused::confused::confused:

In my opinion, despite the fact that Li Mao is unquestionable good at coaching the skills, physical fitness, analysing opponents' weakness and planning game strategy for MS. but he may not be an expert when it comes to handling the enormous pressure when playing against or as World No.1 because Li Mao was never on top of the ranking ladder (very crucial because if one can't handle pressure, hell breaks loose in one's game and no matter how good he is, his game is definitely going down the drain:mad::mad::mad:)......and only players like Rexy, ZJH, YY can enlighten LCW or the new bloods in handling the gigantic pressure to be or beat world number 1 because they had been there too and lingered at the sweet spot for years......

I deeply believe that LCW's downfall of lately is due to not being able to manage the pressure and the fear of losing his game as a World Chamipon especially to Lin Dan. When the fear and pressure caught up with LCW, all unforced errors would flow in a natural manner and no matter what he did, everything seemed not going the right way as it should. (thats when all of us got so frustrated and bashed him) It has got nothing to do with LCW's skills, stamina or whatever injury. The case that LCW suffers is totally different from our Yoyo Expert Hafiz (all he needs is to run 400km/day and go to gym 36hrs/day :D:D:D).

Another thing that I've noticed about our MAS players is that they seemed to freak out and lose their concentration as well as consistency of their game when playing under tremendous pressure and team events; e.g. thomas cup/asian games.

2. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    Hmmm....There's no sign BAM wanna sign a foreigner to coach the MS......

3. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    i guess then we have to go with Rashid rather than his elder brother.

4. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    rashid is a good choice...
    i think he can do something..
    his back up squad under him was quite good also wad..

5. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

I would prefer foreign coach like Yang Yang, Han Jian or Zhao Jian Hua.

6. meiry

meiry Regular Member

accounting
    i think Tong Sinfu

i think Tong Sinfu.
    he was succed when he coach indonesia, now when he is in china,
    you can see the result. right?:)

7. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

i think rashid is suitable since he is a good player n has many experience
    julia wong also improve a lot under him
    ya i also think tat MAS players lack d mental strenght
    they should learn hw 2 handle pressure well

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Li Mao presence definately has helped alot in the Mens department. No doubt he produces Champions in the past and even helped our LCW into higher ground. But what he did not manage to do is to upgrade and produce great PLAYERS. I say PLAYERS what i mean the others like KBH , HAFIZ and the rest did not manage to step up. For example REXY, he did manage to upgrade our Mens Department OVERALL and not focused only in one pair.
    Let you guys decide weather LI Mao is a good coach or not. IMO he is good but not great enough to produce KillerS on court.

9. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

well then, who would you say is a great coach?
    judging on recent results, i would say rexy and tan kim her are up there as well.
    is LYB a good coach, or does he just have some amazing talent in the squad with thousands more waiting to break into the squad.

10. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    two thumbs up !!! thats wat i thought.....and i think BAM was also thinking the same thing, thats the reason why the contract wasnt renewed. BAM was just waiting Li Mao to quit. It's a better, indirect and more polite way to say we dont need you anymore.....

11. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    CHI has 1.3 billion ppl and generally chinese has a better gifted talent than malaysian. Just imagine China as brazil in football while Malaysia is some European country.;)

12. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    is Han Jian, Yang yang and Zhao Jian Hua coaching badminton now? If yes, for which country??? NSC and BAM should consider seriously in hiring them to uplift the standard and spirit of MAS MS team..... but its sad to hear that they are heading towards no foreign coach policy.....

LCW + Rashid...... = another legendary player in the making??? what do you all think?

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that brings up a really good point.

so why is China so bad with football? football is immensely popular in China, there are almost TV stations dedicated for it (or at least it feels that way). with 1.3billion ppl, surely they can surpass Brazil, or Italy? or Portugal?

14. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

ya true also
    maybe it's because it's harder to train a group of people to work together as a team in football.
    badminton is more to an individual event
    so it is easier
    or maybe because they don't have talented football players unlike badminton players which they have a lot untill can export to other countries
    hehe:cool:
    just my opinion

15. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    I did mention that CHI has a better gifted talent in badminton, didnt I? but not in football for CHI.....

16. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
  17. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Very thought provoking statement. It has been said that majority does not necessary mean right and numbers do not constitute winners. A lot of factors contribute to a nation churning out champions. India's population exceeds a billion and where is India in the world map of sports ???

Besides a talented & successful player need not necessary end up being a good coach. They are already natural talents and may not know to transfer them to others.

18. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    JOyous i agree with you in some part of your arguments. Someone who is an expert mathematician may not b a good math teacher.

19. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    i tot last time in the early 90's, Han Jian, Yang Yang and Zhao Jianhua used to coach Malaysia?? I read the book on MAS' Thomas Cup win in 1992, got lots of old pics, nice book, bt in Malay... hehe...

anyway, for nw i think Rashid would make a decent choice...

20. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    yes for Han Jian, but kenny7, are you sure for YY and ZJH as well? does anyone has any idea where are they now? coaching?