yonex power and control ratings... a bunch of crap?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by joseph, Oct 29, 2001.

1. joseph

joseph Guest

hi badminton enthusiasts!

anyone agree that the relative ratings for control and power that yonex puts out for their different racquets is likely more of a gimmick? for example, they rate ti sp's power as a 5, same as a ti10. does anyone believe a ti sp sa is nearly as powerful as ti10? another example is ti7's control. since ti7 and ti10 are quite similar, with exception of ti7 being more flexible and more headlight; so why is ti7 control only a 4, and not like ti10, a 5? and does a cab 8 really deserve a control and power rating of only 2? I personnally have never played much with a cab 8, but i would expect that cab 8 2u is at least as powerful as a ti sp sa, who's power rating is 5! it seems like yonex simply rate their more expensive racquets as being better in terms of control and power; as a gimmick to get us to buy their most expensive racquets. what does everyone think?

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    we do not know how they run tests to get these results.

Racquets may perform differently under different test conditions. e.g. a "powerful" racquet for one person may be a no-go for another person and vice-versa.

Personally, I'd like to try a racquet out first (after been tamed by the experience of having bought a number racquets but only to pass them on).