Hmm....special stringing for added power?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Shuttle_Slicer, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Shuttle_Slicer

Shuttle_Slicer Regular Member

Cardio-Vascular Surgeon
    Hi everyone....i was talking to one of my friends and he said that his stringer did his racket at 23 for mains and 24 for cross....I have been stringing for 6 months now and always thought that there was supposed to be a 10% difference between the two. The stringer told my friend that this is a different method that gives increased power and also needs to be done by a skilled stringer who knows how to do this properly. Is this real or was the stringer just saying this? If this is a real method then what difference do i have to make in my stringing to do this? Thanks for all of your help in advance.

2. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    nop, 24 for cross is just to keep the tension holding better

3. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Why not ask ur fren how is the feeling of the string? whether it has more repulsion or less, guess that would be the answer but i think the stringer who string the racket might be saying that he's a "skilled" stringer. Well thats IMO. :D :D :D

4. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent Regular Member

Student
    the higher the difference between cross and mains would mean the string would hold the tension better. plus the strings dun run so easily.

i have experimented to some extend with this. strung one racket 24/26 and another 24/24. the 24/24 one dropped tension tension and the strings kept on slipping. the 24/26 still feels tight after one month plus whereas the 24/24 had to be restrung after 3 weeks.

however, the 24/26 one feels dead compared to the 24/24. tot it was the tension. i restrung the 24/24 to 26/26 and it still played better than the 24/26. guess that a higher cross would decrease the sweetspot or something like that.

5. Shuttle_Slicer

Shuttle_Slicer Regular Member

Cardio-Vascular Surgeon
    so...correct me if i am wrong...the reason that my friends racket was strung at only 1 pound higher on cross is because it creates a larger sweetspot?? Is there any special way i would need to string in order to keep the racket in it's right shape? Thanks alot for your help so far guys.

6. utopia_imminent

Student
    can't be so. cos when u increase the cross by 1 more, the stringbed gets stiffer. thus, the sweetspot is smaller. however, i could be wrong cos this is just my feeling.

7. utopia_imminent

Student