mp 77 rocks !!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Clive, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Clive

Clive Guest

I just got my mp-77 from the guys at badmintonpage.com - and i just played with it for 5 hours straight. This racquet is **amazing**. I've played with head-heavy racquets before (notably the Yang Yang Ti 4000 and 8000) but this is very different. I think it's because of the stiffness of the shaft. I had it strung with with bg 70 pro at 21lb so the tension wasn't really anything super amazing.

The racquet is really powerful. I have to admit i was skeptical that just changing my racquet would improve the power of my smash but this one easily adds a lot of power to it. If you time your shots right, it's amazing what you can do with this racquet. The smash will initially feel hard - i understand why some people think playing with the mp series is like playing with a piece of wood - the stiff shaft means that a lot of shock is transmitted to your arm so be prepared for that.

Also, the power helps me do crazy awkward backhand clears and saved my butt many times tonight.

I will say however, that the control might take a while to get used to. The power of this racquet means that you have to move your wrist very very little to get a lot of distance - so drops and control shots required a lot more control at the wrist than i was used to. But it's easy to get accustomed to the racquet. I also clashed my racquet once today and didn't see any damage on it unlike the mp100s which people say keep breaking easily.

So my $0.02 - if you're looking for a powerful racquet, this is a **great** candidate. Invest a few days getting a feel for control with this racquet and with your improved smashes and drives and shots to the backline, i really think you'll be able to improve your game.

clive

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I agree that the MP77 is a great racket, IMO, its better than the MP100.....

3. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    clive

clive i totally agree with you that mp77 is an amazing racket, i have one myself! but i think this post belongs at the review section! =P

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Re: clive

You know, I tried Kwun's MP77 and didn't feel like the the earth moved beneath my feet, so to speak.

Perhaps using a cab20 and then trying MP77 doesn't make much difference becausethe handling may be quite similar. Interesting stuff.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    cheung

are you saying that mp77 is not a head heavy design? I haven't tried a mp77 yet.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Re: cheung

Err, when I try a racquet, I don't really place too much importance on "head heavy" dynamics. Just look at the arguments posted up previously.

If you really want a head heavy racquet, I can offer my squash racquet......:eek:)

7. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Ha hahahahahahahaaha. That was a good one! But then i think Mp 77 i snot all that head heavy like ti 10! But def a great racket. I think plp will like it so much that sometime it will def overtake Ti 10 as a singles racket!

I dunno why but rackets come and go but Cab 20 shines!

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

well there are advantages and disadvantages of head heavier racket but it sound like u r indifferent about it. It takes me about a game to adjust between my cab and iso head heavier racket

9. heavy__2

heavy__2 Regular Member

wat spec was it