BBE Shop vs BBE Sports?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Avatar, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Avatar

Smash down all clears!
  2. george333

george333 Regular Member

Associate Director
    They are both the same company and are actually located within 1 kilometre of each other. Though I think BBEsports is the newer site, both are legit.

3. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    Im pretty sure its exactly the same shop in Beijing. Hard to find, small, sales mostly through internet though excellent restringing service

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    They are both owned by the same owner.

5. hutoo

hutoo Regular Member

The current owner of bbesports started bbeshop, then sold it to her associate/partner, then later started bbesports. The headquarter of bbesports is in Canton where the owner was from. The current owner of bbeshop is a beijing local or from a nearby northern Chinese city I believe.

bbesports has quite a few branch shops (brick and mortar) all over China. bbeshops may have one or two.

Don't ask further, and don't ask me to confirm, as this is all I know. I do believe both shops sell authentic rackets.

6. hutoo

hutoo Regular Member

BTW, the Chinese name of bbeshop is "Blue Sky," while that of bbesports is "New Blue Sky."

7. MusclePower100

MusclePower100 Regular Member

I've ordered from both stores. Both are very good but I like BBSports better because they delivery faster.

8. Avatar

Smash down all clears!
    why are BC's members so helpful n friendly....????.... why why why?????
    thank you all, thank you.... i luv u!

9. ilovedude

ilovedude Regular Member

Why would you guys like to buy stuff from them,
    first they need your money upfront before they deliver,
    secondly the freight isn't cheap afterall.

10. General Foo

student
    Cause if you dont buy from the internet and go into the shop you get a reasonable discount???

11. ilovedude

ilovedude Regular Member

Foo,
    are you answering my question or ask me a question ?

12. Avatar

Smash down all clears!
    ilovedude badminton products in canada is very expensive, where else do u suggest that i can buy them to save my $? are you in BC, Canada? i m not living in Beijing or HK.

13. ilovedude

ilovedude Regular Member

Hey, don't get me wrong, I am also Canadian. I am not against any internet buying in fact I am always in the searching mode too. I checked on the 2 stores of the captioned and once you go thru. the procedure and costs that add up then you know it is NOT really that good a deal. If you go there buy at their store no doubt you're having a deal. I entered an order to ibuysport and got stuck with their delayed shipment too bad what is my recourse.
    Like a lot of other people say good rackets don't necessary carry a BIg price tag. I have a YY cab 15 (still working fine), Cab 20, Iso 62, MP 25 and Carlton powerblade superlite and that is. The first 2 was from Hong Kong when I first started to play. The rest are from Sportchek and cantire. All cheap stuff when I bought them on sale. I am very happy with them all.
    By the way, some people that I know like to ask people to buy rackets from Hong Kong for them, fact is they pay the full amount in HKD (which of course is lot cheaper than here) and some got lucky and some don't (fake) who are they gonna blame ?????
    When I make my trip to Hong Kong next time for sure I'll go to E78 (gosen and a-trump rackets) and bbesport (bags and shoes) and mybadmintonstore (strings) and play hard after coming back.

14. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    True in certain areas of Canada. Over here, there is a local store which has very good pricing. Very reputable store to Yonex Canada's perspective in fact.

15. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

me and friends have purchased products from both bbeshop and bbesports, equipment and apparel alike.

so far, the customer service at bbeshop is the best, i believe all the people there understand english to a reasonable standard. replies to email are fast and polite. bbesports rely on one guy to do english emails and such, and his replies tend to be poor and slow. and sometimes down right blunt.

bbesports accept credit card payments, while bbeshop does not. this affects online sales greatly, at least in my opinion. credit card payments are secure for both seller and buyer. we lose out as a buyer when we are forced to send money through wire or cheques/money orders through the mail.

products at both places sell real stuff and of high quality. packaging from both places are pretty much identical.
    their stock varies a bit, and seems like bbeshop carries a bit more stuff. and they update their site and stock availability a lot more than bbesports do.

16. ilovedude

ilovedude Regular Member

Just a point of interest I made some calculation on the same racket YY 9000s (SP)strung shipped to USA to compare,
    1)puppy -- including freight is $180
    2)badmintonstore -- $210
    3)alley -- $228
    4)bbesport -- RMB1,847 = USD$238

It is always a matter of choice

Have a nice day

#16 ilovedude, Feb 10, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  17. General Foo

student
    its a rhetorical question