Carlton Powerflo

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Kain, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Kain

Kain Guest

Hi,
    Does anyone know where to get an original carlton powerflo? I know it has been discontinued but it is a great racket, and I would like to get one. I live in the greater Toronto area, anyone know of anything? thnx

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

yeah! U still get it here! But it is damn costly. U get the Boron variety here! Teh powerflo Br. I know a place which has 2 of these but then they quote too much.

The are quoting something like 100 canadian.(3000 Indian Rupees) that is teh whole deal why i have not purchased them. I have been missing My powerflo since i broke it abt 2Ys ago. But i cant lay my hands on it as i dont have the money!

But hey it is a single piece racket and a really good racket too. The only racket i can thnk of that can be compared could be the Keron 1500 of prokennex.

3. Kain

Kain Guest

Thnx for the info yogesh. What store in India sells it? And do they ship to other countries?

4. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

hey it is some sport shop in the neighbourhood and they dont do such services! i think India does not have a sport stor out;let like your sportscheck or something like that!

It is run by a individual on a small scale!

5. Kain

Kain Guest

ok, cool thnx
    where abouts in india though? i have a friend who lives there, and she might beable to buy it and mail it to me. hehe

6. AF

AF Guest

Which one were you looking for? I might be missing one in the list, the CR and KR may be backwards in the colour patterns, it has been a long long time.

Powerflow BR, black/orange, boron
    Powerflow CR, green/yellow, ceramic
    Powerflow CB, blue/pink, carbon
    Powerflow KR, purple/white??, kevlar I don't remember this one too much, I only saw it once or twice

The powerflow 85g was red, which eventually became the Aeroflex 1000FX and now the Airblade 1000

My friends have the BR (1) and the CB (2), maybe they are interestested in selling them, if they still have them that is.

AF

7. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Hey i am at madras! So if u friend is here then u can tell them to contact me at 044-4983240. I will help them.

8. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I know there was GR version too... (GR=graphite?)

Actually two of my club mates still swears by it...

The Powerflo GR if quite unlike the Aeroears and Airblades. It has a head that could almost be described as isometric rather than oval.

9. Kain

Kain Guest

Thats the one!
    the GR is the one im looking for
    are either of them willing to part with it?

10. AF

AF Guest

Yes, the GR was a dark blue racquet, later generation. There was also a red one, purple one I believe.

There were 4 in the original series, really round, not oval head.

AF

11. Racketgirl

Racketgirl New Member

Carlton Powerlfo Graphite puple -$-

hey folks!
    did you find Carlton Powerlfo Graphite puple?
    We have one here and wondering what it's worth?
    No longer have the cary case.

12. edddi

edddi New Member

hello guys,
    picking up badminton again two years ago, I spent my time searching information on my old badminton racket, which is a carlton powerflo OR in black/green/white,
    "added boron for flexible power play" purchased in the UK around 1992. it is a complete one-piece racket and the head seems to have a smaller size.
    Anyone know about the OR series? it looks pretty awesome to me, but my playing partner found it quite strange to play with, maybe that`s because of the smaller head:)
    I think it is a great quality racked, but I somehow can`t figure out what its speciality is,
    it seems to be rather fast and stiff and not-swinging. I think I will continue playing it and I just would like to know if anyone know about that series and how good they really are (or if it is a discontinued model).
    any information would be gladly received, also on the boron material.
    many thanks in advance !!!