Need infos about BK-765 Rapier Pro

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Badbones, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Badbones

Badbones Regular Member

I play with a 6 years old Black Knight 765 Rapier Pro and I'm looking for something new. I like the Rapier Pro it plays well! I dont really know this racket (head heavy or not, g3,g4,u3,u4 etc...)I'm from Canada if it can help to recognise the model...Would like to know better this racket before buying new one. The Armortec 800OF is interesting...is it comparable!? Wich rackets are comparable to Rapier Pro?

Thanks

2. killersmash

killersmash Regular Member

i dun thing a lot people know about rapier pro.. but if it is head heavy and quite stiff it is comparable to armourtec 700 and ti 10

3. Badbones

Badbones Regular Member

killersmash you seem right, not a lot of people know Rapier Pro :S...tonight I tried Armortec 800OF, Nanospeed 7000 and Isometric 800 Tour (i broke 2 string tonight). Thats crazy how stiff are the Rapier Pro and Iso800 compared to Armortec800OF and NS7000. I prefered the Iso800 but the NS7000 was great for placing my hits, better control than my BK. Any Yonex racket replaced Iso800? I need a STIFF racket with control...any suggestions? Thanks

4. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

BK i920 stiff, even balance. oval shape

5. Badbones

Badbones Regular Member

Double Player...the racket looks interesting thx for your opinion...what about the 865 Rapier Be?

6. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    I had a Rapier Pro (it broke in a clash...with a lamp). Great even balanced oval racket. Loved it a lot. I believe Black Knight sells the Rapier Berillium still. That would be the most similar and near identical racket to your current one. Since the Rapier Be is considered an older model, i think you can find a good deal if you do a little digging.

A comparable yonex racket to the Rapier Pro maybe the Yonex Carbonex 30MS....(that's my current racket of choice). Good Luck!

7. Badbones

Badbones Regular Member

DarthHowie thanks for your answer...I did my choice...Black Knight Rapier Be (125$ CAN) The store just ordered one for me this afternoon. Should have it Tuesday...My Rapier Pro was restrung at 23 lbs...can't wait to next week :D ...i'll tell you my impressions
    Thanks

8. Badbones

Badbones Regular Member

I just tried my new Black Knight 865 Rapier Be tonight. Everything was great :D...the head feels just a little bit heavy(maybe adding a grip will balance)...great for back court job! Tonight there was a "flashy" guy who was hitting HARD! We make him angry with our smash returns :D...I felt confortable in defense! Really nice racket! got it for a total of 145$ CAN and I'm 100% satisfied! It was exactly what I was looking for a second racket. Rapier Pro seems to be stiffer and more light than Rapier Be. 2 GREAT rackets to have!