User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default backyard buffalo Badminton league needs more players!

Basically I have a group of guys that we play 1-3 times per week, generally tues or thur 6 pm or possible weekends. My grass court has spotlights even for night play. We like to play doubles and are in need of some new players!

Now our informal league is unique and called UBF... "Ultimate badminton federation" As we have some unique rules all agreed upon. As its a fun crew. We allow to hits per team to get it over the net, award bonus points if you tag your oppenent pretty hard with the shuttlecock etc. I always grill burgers and dogs, and people bring beverages etc. Were decent players but not professional or anything. With peoples work schudles and some players injured etc we are look for new players. Our Age ranges from 22-40. Again its a compettive but fun league etc.

If anyone is interested feel free to contact me via email and leave your #. Bailey4475@aol.com I can leave you my facebook page etc so you can see my court and some of the guys. Females welcome too! let me know. Also if there are indoor places where people are playing I would be intersted etc.
    We wear cleats in the backyard etc, use marker paint on the grass, even have a small portable scoreboared. Only thing I ask, is if you commit to a date to play that unless its a emergency, sickness or job related that you show up etc, as we all have made a commitment to be there, and need at least 4 players etc.

email me any questions and your # for more info. I may even purchase wind screens etc to assit us and was looking into a artifical surface for the yard someday!

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looking for a badminton club in Buffalo, NY

Hi,

I am coming to Buffalo for a year ( from August 2010) and I am desperately looking for a badminton club or for people interested in playing. I am used to play in single and in double (mixed or women) in my country (Switzerland). I am certainly not the best female player ever, but I am really motivated to go on playing during this year of exchange.

Could anyone help me find a club there! It would be so lovely!
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane View Post
    Hi,

I am coming to Buffalo for a year ( from August 2010) and I am desperately looking for a badminton club or for people interested in playing. I am used to play in single and in double (mixed or women) in my country (Switzerland). I am certainly not the best female player ever, but I am really motivated to go on playing during this year of exchange.

Could anyone help me find a club there! It would be so lovely!
    Thanks
    I just left Buffalo, but here's the info on the badminton scene:

If you are associated with the University at Buffalo, there is a court on South Campus at Clarke Gym. It can get a little crowded, but people are generally friendly, and it's ok to just show up and play pickup games. Once the semester starts there is a badminton club that meets Friday nights on North Campus at Alumni Arena. Contact the department of recreation and intramurals for info.

Outside of the University, there is the Amherst Recreational Badminton Club, that meets a few times per week at Clearfield Community Center in Amherst (a suburb of Buffalo). They have a Facebook group that you can find if you search for the name of the club.

All Three are nice places to play. Enjoy you stay in Buffalo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The greater badminton club of buffalo meets Tuesday nights 7-9:15pm @ Lindbergh Elementary School gym. 3 courts on hardwood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Great to know the buffalo badminton club!

how much is the cost?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

costs $7/night or $45 for 3 months. It is on Monday nights (not tuesday) stop by and check it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up DEC 17TH UBF has its own private indoor court, we play tuesday or thursdays 7pm!

Quote Originally Posted by aiqing1 View Post
    any chance we can start a badminton club? I am replying to all the people from Buffalo.
    NEED MORE DEDICATED PLAYERS, OUR UBF ULTIMATE BADMITTON FEDERATION PLAYS 1X PER WEEK EITHER TUESDAY OR THURSDAY NIGHTS 7 PM. WE NEED SOME MORE DEDICATED PLAYERS, AS WE LOST SOME TO INJURY, OR SIMPLY BEING FLAKY, AND BAIL FOR LACK OF COMMITMENT.

IF YOUR INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE, EMAIL ME AT BAILEY4475@AOL.COM PUT 'UBF" IN SUBJECT LINE, INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND #. we have mostly guys, sometimes some females. age ranges from 21-40. its a good time, badmitton with a twist on some tradtional rules, such as bonus points for drilling your opponent hard with the shuttlecock etc. I also have a outdoor court, with spot lights etc. we have even played in the snow.

Bailey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New badminton club in town, about 15 minutes from UB. We play Saturday evenings and Sunday. Check out our website rallyniagarabadminton.com beginning March 5, 2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is there a badminton club in Buffalo area?

Is there a badminton club meeting during the summer in Buffalo area?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello !

Just saw this thread and not sure if you are still looking for a badminton club. If you are, then please log on to
    www.rallyniagarabadminton.com.

Cheers
    Navin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Does anyone from the Buffalo, NY area know where I can get racket Stringing done ?
    Thanks !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2