Isometric Ti Swing Power Sx or Ti-10?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Tuan, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Tuan

Tuan Guest

I'm looking to purchase a new racquet, I've been using a Ti-7 for the past two years and I'm just not getting the power that I'm looking for. Has anyone used either one of these racquets or both? And which one is the better choice?? Your comments are much appreciated!!

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

It is like comparing a 3U version racket with 2U. I thik if u play with a Ti 10 2U then it will blow The Sx out of court! But then if u play the Ti 10 3U with a Sx then i think we could have a fair competition!

Even though i would like to own a 3U ti 10 i personally feel that a racket like Ti 10 should never haev a 3U. These are like the old gems! Cab 20, Iso 600 or Iso 800. No 3 u immaterial of how popular they are.

Sx was a racket built to be 3U.If u do compare a Ti 10 3U and a Sx then i think it would be even. So buy whatever is cheaper!

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    The Ti-10 is much better!

But the Ti-7 is also not bad, i have 1 but i don't use it anymore because its too different from my Ti-10. But the Ti-7 also has lots of power IMO

4. iris

iris Guest

if i am not wrong, ti7 is head light while the 2 other rackets are head heavy... i dunno abou u ppl, but i do not know how to use head heavy racket, i prefer head light or even balance...

should u decide to get a head light racket, try getting a mp100 and put a heavy grip on it (i hope u have big hands) it's superb i tell u =) in singapore, we say it "shiok ah"

5. modious

modious Regular Member

Byron, I believe you've not tried the ISO TI SX before?
    Then how can you be so biased! :p

6. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've 2 Ti-10 2U, 1 Ti SP SX and used to have 1 Ti-10 3U as well. I love all these racquets. Ti-10 2U is the most powerful racquet among three - if you possess the right skills to swing the racquet fast enough. Ti SP SX and Ti-10 3U have more or less the same weight but Ti SP SX is more head heavy and Ti-10 3U has a relatively even balance (Ti SP SX may be slightly stiffer) - as a result, I found that Ti SP SX is slightly more powerful than Ti-10 3U.

Both Ti-10 have less air resistance (I'm not sure whether I use the right words) - what I mean is, when you swing the racquet in the air, you will find that both Ti-10 cut through the air sharper with louder wind sound ...

In short, if power is your ultimate concern, then get the Ti-10 2U. In addition, there is one more advice - Ti-10 3U is very easily to be broken and I've seen two of them broken within 2 months.

p.s. Yogesh, it does have 3U Cab 20. I've seen many in Japan.

7. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Yeah! That was a total surprise to me! Thanks for enlightening me mate! I guess i was too hasty to come to conclusion.

Thanks mate!

8. joseph

joseph Guest

i personally think ti10 3u is more head heavy then ti sp sx. i own a ti10 3u(and a ti sp sr), and have tried ti sp sx. the ti sp sx is more head light, and more maneuverable, but also less powerful. there seems to be less vibration with ti10 3u, compared to ti sp sx. however, control seems better with ti sp sx. durability issue, i've heard of many more broken ti sp's then ti10s. personally, i think ti sp is arguably the most fragile top end yonex racquet. my opinion is basically opposite to ricky's.

9. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Interesting. There are a number of factors which I think are worth further discussion - not intend to startup any argument as I think there is no absolute right or wrong answer, just try to give clearer picture to Tuan.

First of all, I think the grip makes difference on the feel of balance on Ti-10 3U and Ti SP SX. I used to think Ti-10 3U as a head heavy racquet and was borrowed to my friend someday, and he came back and said to me that it was not head heavy at all (he had share his opinion in this forum as well). At that time, I was using a relatively thick Mizuno grip on my Ti-10 3U. I then changed to a thinner and lighter grip and the balance of the racquet was more towards the head this time. Therefore, I think it is necessary to consider this factor if we compare the balance b/w these racquets, especially for those racquets weight below 90g. As I've played with both Ti-10 3U and Ti SP SX for months, I still think Ti SP SX is more head heavy among the two.

For vulnerability, as none of my friend is using Ti SP SX (but a lot of them are using Ti-10) except myself, and my Ti SP SX has not been broken so far, therefore I can't make any comment on this area for Ti SP SX. However, I've experienced with a lot of broken Ti-10 - most of them are 3U version from Taiwan (one of them was mine, :(). Some people here say that those Taiwan version racquets are less durable - I may be able to conclude this in future as I'll likely to buy a 3U Ti-10JP soon, and Luxis's Ng said that it should be more durable than those 3U Ti-10 from Taiwan.

For power of Ti SP SX, it depends on what string you are using and the string tension. I've tried a number of combination and the best combo (for power) is with BG75Ti at 26 lbs.

For manuverability, I do agree with you that Ti SP SX is slightly better.

However, if you ask me to choose b/w Ti-10 3U and Ti SP SX - without consider the durability factor, I'll choose Ti-10 3U. As I said earlier, Ti-10 simply cuts through air better and gives better feel - honest speaking, I can't understand why, as both Ti SP SX and Ti-10 3U are so similar according to Yonex (offensive, single player, stiff, long, Isometric, light, ...) and I don't think the difference is due to the Muscle Power frame ...

My choice is Ti-10 2U these days, even though I still need stronger arm/wrist to fully unleash the power of this racquet, but it is the better choice in terms of power and durability (I'm an offensive player too, so I've no problem to give up some manuverability).

10. umm

umm Guest

actually...

true ti10 cut through air faster, but the wooshing sound is not because of speed, it is due to wind resistance. the aero portion of the racquet sides + slim frame + polarized weight on the head allow for "faster swing" hope this clears it up.

11. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Re: actually...

Thanks for clarification. In other words, does that mean Ti10 is "better" because of less wind resistance ?

12. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    Oi!!! I have tried Budi's Isometric Ti SP SX and 1 of my friends representing the Australian school is using 1....... ;)

13. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    Your right and your wrong IMO because the Ti-7 does say head light on the side of the shaft, but i doesn't feel head light at all. Its head is definately lighter than the Ti-10 but it feels almost the same

14. umm

umm Guest

Re: actually...

no i dont think that is true at all. a racquet is better for someone if it suits them better than another one. true there is price variation but the price will not affect the player plays on court. its not just the tool but the person weilding the tool and how they utilize it that makes them good or bad. i dont think there is bad equipment just poorly skilled player that play the sport. see the top 5 ranked professionals in the world for any category. they are all roughly the same skill level even if we give them a steel racket they play about the same as they do because they know how to hit properly so the racket will not make a difference if the player is good they are good. the racket choice we make is just based on what is most comfortable for us to play with and what feels right and good.

15. iluvthesun

iluvthesun Regular Member

Ok, even though this thread was started over 2 years ago, here goes...

I'm currently in the same position as you, Tuan. I have a 2U Ti7 and am finding it not head-heavy and stable enough. So I'm deciding between the Ti SP SX and the Ti 10. I'm just interested to see which one got in the end and why?