Badminton TV coverage could be alot better

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by wedgewenis, Feb 13, 2007.

1. wedgewenis

wedgewenis Regular Member

Am I the only one who notices that the matches from 1990-2002 are much more enjoyable to watch than in recent years because of the poor presentation in commentating, filming and editing.....

Anytime i find an early video of Peter Gade or Sun Jun or Dong Jiong, or any match from the 90's its filmed much different than now. Basically the old footage is filmed alot better.

For starters the Camera angles are much closer to court, there is often an actual camera operator who does something (roaming camera) ... not just stationary angle on the court that never changes.. They have better angles on the action alot - that show the depth of the court better which is important. Bucause of the angle you feel like your closer to the action, you get a better sense of the accuracy of alot of the shots and the difficulty in running them down.

You could compair it to watching a boxing match which is always filmed from right on the ropes of the ring, putting you right in the action... not from way back in the stands...... badminton is now being filmed like this :(

I really think the action right now is top notch in badminton, but alot of this is lost in the lazy way its being presented.

Just my opinion.

2. yamhill

yamhill Regular Member

Student
    hey!

i have been thinking exactly the same, since I watched these nice filmed matches, and compared them to the most of today

the best filmed matches are the all england ....

but you said today they aren`t filmed professionaly anymore, but ae has still these nice agles

they should use the directors from ae for sudirman/olympic/and wc if they want to get satisfied spectators on tv !!!

#2 yamhill, Feb 13, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  3. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    I find that when watching badminton, occasionally they'll give a great angle where it's easy to see the bird/action, but o nly for a split second and revert to a terrible long view for most of the match!