Muscle Power Frames...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Andrew, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I'm planning on buying a new racquet and I was just wondering what exactly is a Muscle Power Frame... I'm thinking about getting a Isometric Ti Swing Power racquet but those don't have the MPF. My question is... Do I really need a MPF? And also, what are the advantages of having it and disadvantages if any. Your input would greatly be appreciated!

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    No, you don't need a muscle power frame. A Muscle Power Frame is a little something added by Yonex. Its a frame where the part of the frame between the grommets are slightly rounded. This supposingly absorbs more shock or something.

Obviously, all rackets in the MP series have an MPF as well as the Ti-10 and Ti-7.

I don't find any real big difference at all with the MPF. To me, it doesn't make a difference

3. Sony

Sony Guest

Only difference I found was that tension holds better with the frame. I don't know about other MPF owners.

4. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    in the real world, outside of all the controlled environment in the lab tests, i highly doubt that the mp frame does anything at all. although i have owned 3 racquets that have mp frames(ti7, mp77 and cab23), i find that it doesnt give any major advantage.

5. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Shaun, didn't your Cab 10 have an MP frame also? The Iso 750 also has a Muscle Power. What racquet are you using these days - last news from you that I recall was you were kind of waffling between the MP-77 and the Ti-7. You must have bought and sold at least three or four new racquets since then, correct? ;)