CCC Badminton Attire

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Feb 14, 2007.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Greetings,

We thought we start this thread because this matter requires feed back from all players@ccc at various venues/sessions.
    ======*======

It was first presented by smashed_1:-
    "We should get some CCC attire for unity of our team. Could get some shirts and print eg: 'CCC Badminton Club' on the backs of them. I wonder what style/colour everyone would like? For polo shirts with coolmax polyester material would be something around $20-25 mark...."
    ======*======

A reply from chris@ccc:-
    "Regarding to our CCC attire, if smashed_1 can organise it...... I am all for it.

With so many things that I have to organise, I have delayed in dealing with this matter.

yschin, from Malaysia has suggested to have our CCC attire done in Malaysia...... because it's much cheaper to do them there. I think he said each shirt can be done at about AUD$12 (based on my poor memory).

Unfortunately, because of my hectic schedule, I have not time to follow it through.
    And we do not know when yschin could be returning to Melbourne. :):):)

So...... what do you guys think ??? :confused::confused::confused:

We need feed back from all players@ccc."
    ======*======

Then, a comment from andrewlyw:-
    "matter with the shirts... I suggest we could get our names printed as well as 'CCC Badminton'. I've ordered some iron-on names from a internet site (in Adelaide) and they do a pretty good job and not that expensive."
    ======*======

A reply from chris@ccc:-
    "Regarding the Player's Name together with CCC Badminton, I like it !!!

When you have done one, please show us. And also calculate the costs involved.

Do we need to start a unique thread to deal with this question ??? :confused: This matter is not only for our Friday Group. If the price is right, we would wish to get all players at various CCC venues/sessions to be involved."
    ======*======

And a reply from andrewlyw:-
    "I can show it to you on Friday (16-Feb-2007). I did it on a basketball top. 4 letters cost me around $2-$3.. it all depends how big you want the print and how many letters..."
    ======*======

We hope to get feed back from all other CCC players.

Cheers... chris@ccc

2. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

lettering sounds good on shirts!

I'd love to see the letters (but not sure if I can make it this Fri yet), I been researching the same (for another club) and its so expensive to put individual names on, as its not the normal screenprint process on the polyester coolmax material.
    I tried standard iron-on myself but the material like melts..haha, so I'm keen to see Andrew's letters.

3. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Andrew-W:

Thanks for showing us the "lettering". It just cross my mind that i could have taken a picture of your top and post it here.

Do you think you can bring that top again next friday?

4. andrewlyw

andrewlyw Regular Member

hi all,
    don't worry.. I'll take a pic within the next couple of days.. and see what others think.. ;)

5. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Yo,

you guys might want to checkout BadmintonCentral.com T-shirt
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29934&page=2
    I will wear (err, better not cos I only have one, thanks to Kong)....I will bring over to show you guys on Wednesday.

Maybe we can ask Kwun permission if we can add CCC Melbourne@BadmintonCentral.com on the wording and our individual name and make it our official T-shirt.

Better still , we can even get yschin to get them printed in Malaysia for better pricing. We can use genuine Yonex T-shirt to print on, especially the ones using some special technology (VCool, TCool, XCool, whateva). Can or not, yschin? :)

6. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Yes and No

Yes - i still consider myself part of CCC and I like the idea of uniform for member or give 2 free upon signing up. I printed T-shirts few years back for RM8.00 ea i.e AUD$3(with shirt). Caps too. But you have to supply the design and minimun quantity (can't remember?). There are shops here selling iron-on names too - $ ??. Will find out if you want.

Yonex original cost RM$45 ea. Isn't that too high? I saw the Hong Kong Open's shirt with Gunawan & partner signature on display in a badminton shop - very nice and simple design.

No -with personalised names - could be a problem to the printer ( not sure) how about replacement and new members. In a way it might be more convenient to get them done in Melbourne even at a higher price. You can be assured of the quality and be satisfied.

What I can do is to get your design (by email) and sent to printer for a quote and print some XL, L , M etc without names. Don't worry about $ , not a big problem if you not too particular about quality.

Logo design competition on?? Free T shirt for winner. Chris will say not so free lah!

#6 yschin, Mar 5, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Could BadFever, smashed_1, yschin, andrewlyw, etc... organise our CCC T-shirts ???

Greetings,

With so many things happening @CCC, I am up to my neck with other matters. At the moment, these are some of the matters I am involved in;

(1) ozheater has asked me to organise a Sichuan Dinner for players@CCC. I am in the middle of doing it... eg, I have gone to the restaurant and spoken with the restaurant boss, etc... Anyway, details will be posted soon, as I get more solid info from the restaurant. I would say that our Sichuan Dinner will be held in April 2007.

(2) Organising our Return Match with Wesley Badminton. Again, more details will be posted soon as I get more info from Wesley Badminton.

(3) Albert Park Badminton is asking me to coach their team of players.

(4) CBA Melbourne is asking for CCC players to participate in their competitions.

(5) Overseas players, through Badminton Central, with or without kwun, are asking me to help them to enjoy Badminton in Melbourne while they are/to be here. And I have been answering heaps of emails asking about our CCC.

(6) Players@ccc are asking me to incorporate all CCC activities under ONE STRUCTURE, eg, members@CCC Friday Social are to pay the same $7 fee @CATS Wednesday Social. And trainees@CCC from different venues are also asking to come under ONE UMBRELLA@CCC, etc... This matter, I am still working on how to do it.

(7) Spreading myself out to attend many other venues, eg Doncaster, Box Hill, Albert Park, Boroondara, Diamond Valley, Highvale, etc...

(8) Answering many mails from players asking about CCC Private Coaching, etc...

(9) Ordering rackets for our CCC members, etc...

And many other smaller matters......

So, I wonder if BadFever, smashed_1, yschin, andrewlyw, etc... can work among yourselves to deal with our CCC T-shirts. You can all work on the layout, cost, etc...

Of course, I will give my opinions on things, but I will let you guys make the final decisions.

Here are some of my opinions;

(1) White colour. (Looks cleaner and doesn't change colour when we sweat)

(2) With collar. (Looks smarter and keeps us warmer during the Winter)

(3) Players are to do personalised names themselves. (As yschin said that printing personalised names could be a problem to the printer)

(4) Award the designer of our logo with a free T-shirt. (I should think that the rest of our players could pay an extra one or two dollars more for each T-shirt, so that we can award the designer of our logo with a free shirt, as a token of our appreciation)

(5) Let me be the first to order 3 medium size T-shirts for myself. :):):)

Perhaps later, more ideas could come up. And I will post them later, as they come to mind.

Cheers... chris@ccc

8. andrewlyw

andrewlyw Regular Member

Hey smashed_1,

you going to be there on Friday? I'll bring my top and show you the iron on names. ;)

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Another thread on Badminton Central T-shirts

Hi BadFever,

I had a quick read at the link that you have posted... Yes, we would love to have a look at your T-shirt at our Wednesday CATS/Social on 7-Mar-2007.

Also searching through Badminton Central, I came across this thread, located at: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26413

khwong is in KL...... Perhaps, yschin can meet up with him there, to talk more about how his printing was conducted.

And with khwong's design, we could replace "MALAYSIA" with "CCC Melbourne", if permission could be granted. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

#9 chris-ccc, Mar 5, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  10. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Hi Chris,

Now I am confuse who actually own the design, khwong or kwun. Anyway, we do one step at a time. First thing, I will bring the BC T-shirt tomorrow. We can discuss over supper what we want to do next, new design or get permission and make changes over?

If there is a CCC member out there who is doing design work, maybe we can come out with our own logo and art work. Anyone care to take up the challenge?

After we come out with the design, then I will email yschin to get quote.

See you guys tomorrow.

11. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    I am going to start the ball rolling, if the design resembles someone else it is unintentional and willing to withdraw immediately.

FYI, design by the printer cost about RM200 to RM300. We can save that by sacrificing a couple of hours of TV. Here :-

TS2.JPG

tshirt4a.JPG

tshirt4b.JPG

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

To get a sponsor for our CCC T-shirt as suggested by yschin

Hi yschin,

Good suggestion about a sponsor's logo.

This could us a few dollars each. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Missing the word 'save'

Greetings,

A typo... missing the important word 'save'. :):):)

"This could save us a few dollars each".

So... players@ccc, do you know of a good and generous sponsor ?

Cheers... chris@ccc

#13 chris-ccc, Mar 6, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  14. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Just completed some team shirts today!!

Hey Andrew,
    Forgot to tell you I had a sample name made from your contact - cheap and looked awesome, so I went ahead and got a whole team names done!. Only ironed them on to shirts & gave out tonight... looked fantastic - players loved em! :) :) :)

FYI...what I did: got some attractive but simple polo shirts from Winex in Taiwan - go Winex!!!;) polyester-coolmax, than had a range (with all same wording) printed with a commercial printer 1 colour backs. Then had the individual names produced for iron-on. Was to expensive to put names on with shirt printer due to setup etc, so iron on is cheapest - no setup & quick.

Cost for words printing on back (more shirts the cheaper) just under $4, & iron on names depends on length, average $3 + actual shirt price.
    Just hard work & time consuming ironing them all on - had a production line in my lounge room......haha
    One to consider is size/position of print - as I wanted to keep within IBF rulings so people can wear in regulated comps - would hate for people not be able to wear their named shirt if it had too much graffiti on it, (but made printing abit cheaper!) ;)

No design hassle as the design was in the polo shirt and printing was single colour wording back. Better that way I think cause in reality will be hard to get a design/logo that everyone likes/wants to wear longterm - would always be comments.

Sorry for the long story..lol. I would post a photo but they have names on so can't

15. andrewlyw

andrewlyw Regular Member

Hi all...

Jason: that's great. :D the hard part is to find a printer here in Melb with reasonable price.. I know how you feel about doing the iron-on, mate.. I did it for my basketball team a couple of years back and they took me a while.. the hard thing is to line them up and making sure all the names are around the same area of the top...:eek:

Chris & all: maybe we can do the same thing.. but is it cheaper to get the tops from Malaysia???? :confused:

16. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Hi Smashed,

Agreed. Even if sponsors foot the bill you might stuff it somewhere in the wardrobe if you don't like the design.

Did you get my name right? I will be back.

You have my vote on this.

17. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Yeah, getting people to agree on something would be nightmare. Think about different ways people can chip in with the opinion

- discuss at supper
    - the ones who don't do supper but vent out in forum
    - the ones who generally keep quiet but chip in with a comment at the end
    - the ones who call Chris personally

I could go on.

18. monic@

monic@ Regular Member

Student
    Glen Waverley, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Ear
    Hi hkhung,
    Just a reminder there, of Chris' very busy schedule.
    About the T-shirt design work, I'd be very interested in creating a logo or something for the club. I'll present my ideas when I can.
    I was just wondering, what does CCC stand for? Is one of the Cs for 'club'? :confused:

19. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Monica submitting a creative CCC logo

Hey Monica,
    Thats great you can submit some ideas for a CCC logo for the CCC Attire.

The thing is we need to keep it simple but creative, so it can be reproduced on anything, mainly in single colour for fronts or backs of shirts & in any other CCC Merchandise.

I can't recall what CCC really stands for... Chris has many combinations to suit... maybe Chris's Community Club :)

Look forward to your ideas......
    Ohh & Happy Easter!!!

20. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

As i finished muching my chicken at lunch, something came to my head.

For ccc shirt, Why not buy canterbury shirts and everybody got ccc on their shirt?

Anyway, you are in charge of this ccc shirt thing. Keep up the good work.
    And the posting.