User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 36
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I played with my AT800 OF and the NBG 95 CH @~10kg today. The "best" string i played before was BG 65 @ 12kg.

    I have to say that the power and repulsion is so great, it was unbelievable. It improved my playing skill very much. and strongly noticable. :-D it takes less power to clear, less power to drive and taking the speed off the shuttle while dropping it short behind the net is so much easier right now.

    im really happy now.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Great job!

    Quote Originally Posted by Heftiforex
    I played with my AT800 OF and the NBG 95 CH @~10kg today. The "best" string i played before was BG 65 @ 12kg.

    I have to say that the power and repulsion is so great, it was unbelievable. It improved my playing skill very much. and strongly noticable. :-D it takes less power to clear, less power to drive and taking the speed off the shuttle while dropping it short behind the net is so much easier right now.

    im really happy now.
    Seems that you did a good job. Keep up with the good work!

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I learned fro mthe best (BC)

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another question, which came up today. righat after prestringing, Dan started tensioning the mid mains. In my newbish understanding, i think it is better to start tensioning the mains at a side, and make the first knot before tensioing, that way the knot is thightend by the tension and there is no tension loss due to the knot.

    What do you think?

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It might cause racquet distortion.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart
    It might cause racquet distortion.
    Speeding up the process, yes. Risking the racket, yes too. Therefore, unless the time is a big factor, and you are working with low tension / good condition racket, highly NOT recommend.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mhm ok that is a good point. And what about the mains? Dan is not starting the mains from the mid in his video. wont the crosses distord the frame es well?

  8. #25
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,212
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heftiforex
    mhm ok that is a good point. And what about the mains? Dan is not starting the mains from the mid in his video. wont the crosses distord the frame es well?
    You must be watching a different video.

    I always start stringing the mains from the middle of the racket.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    You must be watching a different video.

    I always start stringing the mains from the middle of the racket.
    No sorry i mean the crosses....

  10. #27
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,212
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heftiforex
    No sorry i mean the crosses....
    On a one-piece string job: I go bottom to top.

    On a two-piece string job: I go top to bottom.

    Why? Convenience.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Cannock, UK
    Posts
    2,908
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heftiforex
    mhm ok that is a good point. And what about the mains? Dan is not starting the mains(crosses) from the mid in his video. wont the crosses distort the frame es well?
    the racquet head is left/right symmetrical but not top/bottom symmetrical
    so rules for the mains do not necessarily automatically apply to the crosses

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Obviously there is a skill to be learnt in tensioning a racquet, however, you can only go as fast as the machine will let you. The skill and technique in weaving the crosses would be the greatest time saver. In two piece stringing after tying off the mains, for instance, you could start the prestringing of the crosses in the middle. Ie. if the crosses begin at 8, you could start say at 17, 18,or 19. In this way you do not have to pull all 5mtrs through each time you weave. (Find the middle of the string and begin the weave in the middle of the crosses, thus only having to pull half the length each time, making sure you have enough left over at 8 to be able to tension and tie off, or tie off with a starting knot leaving enough to tension.

    Some people start tensioning the crosses at the top, some people begin at the bottom. I've got into the habit of starting at the bottom.

    I've done around 90 rackets so far, so not an expert by any means.

    I would be interested to hear how many start tensioning the crosses at the top.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachgary
    Obviously there is a skill to be learnt in tensioning a racquet, however, you can only go as fast as the machine will let you. The skill and technique in weaving the crosses would be the greatest time saver. In two piece stringing after tying off the mains, for instance, you could start the prestringing of the crosses in the middle. Ie. if the crosses begin at 8, you could start say at 17, 18,or 19. In this way you do not have to pull all 5mtrs through each time you weave. (Find the middle of the string and begin the weave in the middle of the crosses, thus only having to pull half the length each time, making sure you have enough left over at 8 to be able to tension and tie off, or tie off with a starting knot leaving enough to tension.

    Some people start tensioning the crosses at the top, some people begin at the bottom. I've got into the habit of starting at the bottom.

    I've done around 90 rackets so far, so not an expert by any means.

    I would be interested to hear how many start tensioning the crosses at the top.
    thatcould be worth a poll?

  14. #31
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,212
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I always pre-string a racket.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    for rackets with small grommets (like yonex MP's or AT150-700's) I like to start at the top, why?

    when you clamp of the 7th main the top part is still loose (no tension on it). at that point put in the first cross (weave like normal,but the grommet has enough space).
    pull through main #8, and cross #2..tension main8. same for 9, 10 and 11...

    at the end. you'll have all mains tensioned, and all crosses at the shared grommets weaved (no awl, toughtfloss, anything)..

    NOTE: I don't tension the crosses, just weave 'em..

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey, that sounds like new technique for the special leisurely activity . What about from the middle up and down? Slow and fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    On a one-piece string job: I go bottom to top.

    On a two-piece string job: I go top to bottom.

    Why? Convenience.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello all,

    today i made my first 2knot stringjob. this is not a sensation at all but it was an aluminium frame :-) it was like two times higher then my armortec with huge grommets and big cracks, there was like 20% of all paint off. :-D and it even has a scar. looks like the woman (the owner) used it to play golf or so :-P however this is just the colateral story.

    the main point is, that while strining the crosses, the frame started to lift off the 4 side supports. i also had to adjust the top/bottom support. i expirienced the same with other rackets. but not that strong.

    so here is my question: do you have to readjust the supports of the stringing machine while stringing? Or do i do something wrong?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    : 06-19-2011, 01:30 PM
  2. Challenger 1, stringing questions
    By sihker in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 5
    : 02-17-2010, 03:43 AM
  3. Stringing machine questions and recommendations.
    By bobbinbette in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 24
    : 04-14-2009, 06:54 AM
  4. AT 700 stringing pattern. + misc. questions
    By Shocker85 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 16
    : 01-13-2007, 12:28 AM
  5. Questions about Stringing machines
    By markburry_90 in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 7
    : 09-05-2006, 04:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •