0 Thread(s)

I have the 8000 Tour and 10000 for sale if any is interested in the UK:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...66#post1220466

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edwinlcw View Post
    I got my Head Metallix 8000 tour last week at around RM300 and only got chance to play with it today. I strung it with bb66 at 26lbs. Baseline clear is easy than my old racquet (RSL FirePower), smashes is powerful, net play is good, and accuracy is good too. I didn't make any miss hit by using this racquet.
    Personally i owned a YY Nanospeed 9.9k, is a nice racquet but not an easy racquet to use if compare to Metallix 8000 tour as i need more power to clear the shuttle from baseline and smashes due to the stiffness of the racquet.
    Conclusion, I like the Metallix 8000 tour more which costs lesser than YY Nanospeed 9.9k.
    Hi Edwin,

Where did you get the Metallix 8000, interested to buy one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the difference between metallix 8000 and 4000 in durability,net play,power,vibration

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't speak for the 8000, but I love my 4000. Try them both and see what you think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a Head Metallix 10K (not Tour) for 270RM at World of Sports last week. They are having 40%+10% discount on all Head badminton rackets. Go grab them if you want.

No affiliation to WOS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm interested in getting one, but can i just ask the difference between: the 4000, 8000 and 10000?

Thanks
    Last edited by Vesped; 01-21-2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: sudden urge to correct grammer :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my 4000s as well , it is one of my backup rackets , use it for practice and casual play . excellent for match play as well but I already got the NS9900 and 8000 for that which I am very used to..

I would highly recommend the 4000 , (even the pro uses it ..used by former world No 2 lady ) With the price and performance it is definitely one that worth having in the bag.

There is not much difference between the 4000,6000 and 8000. The 4000 is 1g heavier than the 6000 and 8000 and -1mm on balance point (which is nothing especially if you uses a thicker string)..

Personally I prefer a slighly heavier racket , thats why I chose it ..(4000 is much cheaper as well)..

One big advantage of the Metallix 4000 vs the NS9000 and NS8000 is the feel of the shuttle and also that genius cap it has on the handle which minimize all the unwanted vibration.
    Last edited by staiger; 01-23-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the 6K is the best out of the lot. I've tried the others and, for me, they don't have the same feel as the 6K. I agree about the vibration though, it is soooo much less than other rackets. I love its orange colour too....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder the marketing of Head's racquet with statement: The racquet is made of a specially designed matrix of carbon fibers and a new crystalline metal alloy, promoting a stronger, more durable frame

I newly bought 4k with one of the spec 24 - 28lbs, I go and stringing with 26lbs(different shop) and out of sudden I heard 'PRACK" ........the frame/head(11 o'clock) is cracked!!!?? It's really weak... Its a factory defect or just unlucky one?

I'v sent for warranty where i brought from and the salesman told me that they will not responsible because this is problem from stringer and he need to bear it. Such a none responsible statement....I went to the HQ and make a complain and try to claim warranty and now waiting for confirmation(hopefully they can replace of me).....this is my first experience in my life and really disappointed....I will try to share my experience/complain to HEAD if they(local distributor) are not going to replace for me..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jcvun View Post
    I wonder the marketing of Head's racquet with statement: The racquet is made of a specially designed matrix of carbon fibers and a new crystalline metal alloy, promoting a stronger, more durable frame

I newly bought 4k with one of the spec 24 - 28lbs, I go and stringing with 26lbs(different shop) and out of sudden I heard 'PRACK" ........the frame/head(11 o'clock) is cracked!!!?? It's really weak... Its a factory defect or just unlucky one?

I'v sent for warranty where i brought from and the salesman told me that they will not responsible because this is problem from stringer and he need to bear it. Such a none responsible statement....I went to the HQ and make a complain and try to claim warranty and now waiting for confirmation(hopefully they can replace of me).....this is my first experience in my life and really disappointed....I will try to share my experience/complain to HEAD if they(local distributor) are not going to replace for me..
    Few factors I believe.Could be the stringer and also a factory defect.
    I`ve been using head for 3 years and my group as well.Not one that is broken due to impart,hitting and stringing.
    Your dealer in Malaysia?
    Can`t help you cos I`m in Singapore.

Head do seriously make good rackets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your reply Gak)12

I trust on my stringer because he did my stringing quite sometimes and he is professional. Unfortunately the shop doesn't provide stringing service, that;s the reason I let other to do so. I been playing badminton for 10+ years, never had this situation in my life. Hopefully dealer will replace it for me and really can't wait to feel the strength/beauty of HEAD's racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your reply Gak)12

I trust on my stringer because he did my stringing quite sometimes and he is professional. Unfortunately the shop doesn't provide stringing service, that;s the reason I let other to do so. I been playing badminton for 10+ years, never had this situation in my life. Hopefully dealer will replace it for me and really can't wait to feel the strength/beauty of HEAD's racket.
    Mistakes do happen both on the stringer part as well as the manufacturer.
    My local dealer will have not problem on factory defects replacement.I hope you can get your new racket soon too.

You can try the Power Helix 8000 as well.Cool racket.Hee hee.
    Am using the 8000 tour and Metallix 4000 currently.Loaned a Power Helix 8000 and feeling great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metallix_6K View Post
    I think that the 6K is the best out of the lot. I've tried the others and, for me, they don't have the same feel as the 6K. I agree about the vibration though, it is soooo much less than other rackets. I love its orange colour too....
    Huh? My M8k Tour is very hollow and pingy feeling compared to anything else I've ever used or owned. They're great playing rackets, but they could improve the feel to be a bit more organic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo...finally I recieved a call from HQ telling me that I will get replacement with including stringing..Hopefully I will get a none defect item again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've received a claim racket from dealer. Played with the racket and feel pretty good. Just feel abit hard feeling probably it due to the string .They replaced the racket with Yonex string BG65 with 26lbs. May be it will feel better if i change it to slimmer string.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i played with the metallix 8000 (non tour version) and i really like it
    its a head light racquet and its flexible
    it has good power and very good for defense......very fast racquet
    i like this one better than the new powerhelix 8000 one as the powerhelix i find is more head heavy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've received a claim racket from dealer. Played with the racket and feel pretty good. Just feel abit hard feeling probably it due to the string .They replaced the racket with Yonex string BG65 with 26lbs. May be it will feel better if i change it to slimmer string.
    Thats great!Enjoy your new racket.BG65 is very "rough"
    Go for the new Ashaway Zymax strings.very good feel with replusion even at 28 pounds.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast