User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, the Metallix 2000 is not top of the line but I am told that it's among the best out there. You have to remember that a the "best" racquet you can find is only as good as you are. Paying the extra 100$ to get a high end racquet is only a good idea if you play at the same level or that you have too much money.

Here is a link from the place I got it from ...
    http://www.tenniszon.com/Produits/Ca...D=4&S=1&PTid=9

The first ting I notticed playing with the Metallix 2000 is the longer shaft and I am able to rach longer and smash harder ... I still need to play with it a while before I can fully take advantage of it ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit
    hi,
    i am a fan for Head's products. currently using liquidmetal prestige and flexpoint prestige on tennis. informed by Head, they will only globally launch on june this year. so, now just waiting the badminton racquets to reach store. looks like the metallix 10k is for me.... head light, flexi shaft.
    They're only going to globaly launch this June? that's quite late considering they have a mixed pair sponsered by them (forgot their names) and a lot of major sport chains already carry some of their rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielmontreal
    Hi, the Metallix 2000 is not top of the line but I am told that it's among the best out there. You have to remember that a the "best" racquet you can find is only as good as you are. Paying the extra 100$ to get a high end racquet is only a good idea if you play at the same level or that you have too much money.

Here is a link from the place I got it from ...
    http://www.tenniszon.com/Produits/Ca...D=4&S=1&PTid=9

The first ting I notticed playing with the Metallix 2000 is the longer shaft and I am able to rach longer and smash harder ... I still need to play with it a while before I can fully take advantage of it ...
    I know that the best racket for anyone is the one that suits them most, but the reason that I asked you if it was top of the line was because i was interested in the racket and top of the line rackets in most cases are stiffer and sometimes head heavier which is my type of racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Metallix 2000 has a flexible shaft allowing greater smashes. The balance is supposed to be even, but it definetly feels head heavy.
    If you are looking for a stiff racquet you have to look toward the Metallix 10000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the Metallix 10000 and Metallix 4000..

I am not impressed with these models.. If you anyone wants to buy one of those pm me an offer :-)

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer
    I have the Metallix 10000 and Metallix 4000..

I am not impressed with these models.. If you anyone wants to buy one of those pm me an offer :-)

/Twobeer
    Could you give in more detail why you do not like them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by david07
    Could you give in more detail why you do not like them?
    Sure..

The 10000 feels unresponsive in flicks.. Its VERY stiff (to stiff for my liking). I can get really powerful smashes with it but all other shots feels dull (almost like when strings are dead kind of feel)..

The 4000 on the other-hand feels to soft and lacks power.. It is fast (quite headlight, so its OK for doubles.. but nothing that stands out)...

I would really like Head to use the liquidmetal and flexpoint systems (that they use in the tennis lineup). I think those a re far more promising technologies for a badminton racket than the metallix..

/T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Metallix 2000 ... string might be in cause.

I have to concur, the 2000 feels great in smashes and drops shots but lacks control in flicks and net play. I suppose the string has a lot to do with this and at the moment it is not to my liking. On my previous racket ProKennex Carbonpro727 I was playing with BG65 at 20lb but the racket was old, heavy and not very stiff. I absolutely loved the sting on that one, not so on my new Metallix 2000.
    I suppose after a string change I might see a difference.

Anyone out there changed the string on Head rackets ? ... any tips ?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I neraly gets Matallix 10000 and 8000 from my sponsor HEAD. So i can try what racket i would like to play with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Sure..

The 10000 feels unresponsive in flicks.. Its VERY stiff (to stiff for my liking). I can get really powerful smashes with it but all other shots feels dull (almost like when strings are dead kind of feel)..
    is there any yonex model that can compare ? i really wanna try a Head racket but can't seem to find anyone playing with them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I purchased some from Yvon Gilbert Sports, should be here sometime next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liquid Metal is possible. But flex point seems not possible if they wanna preserve the strenth. Wilson N2 N4 N6 were examples.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw sweet! I have the first racquet in the array of ph leung's photos!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do too, it's the Nano Power 700, just bought it today, will tell you more tuesday night when i play with it for the first time.

San Francisco (Originally from Jakarta, Indonesia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default HEAD Metalix 8000

I finally got HEAD Metallix 8000 racket. I was anxious to play with it and I finally tested it.

The racket is very light, in fact I have never played with such a light racket like this before. It was weird in the beginning to use this racket because of its lightness -- your shots are often off because you are trying to get used to the new racket.

After playing for two hours with it, I have reached a conclusion that:

This racket is very good when you play defensively (which is my style). I tried to smash with this racket many times, but more than 50% of them was not as good as if I was using my yonnex NS 9000 type S or NS 7700. The racket is pretty flexible (not stiff at all) and head light, and good to play trick shots especially around the net. So, the net plays and drops shots are great as well as returning your opponents' smashes (because the racket is light, you can react very fast to return the smashes to your opponents).

I really have no complaints against this racket after using it for two hours. I intentionally used this racket the whole time because I really wanted to see if the racket would be suitable and good for me.

Price wise, I think I like it too because Head rackets are not that expensive if you compare to yonex rackets (this racket is $115 online). So, if you are looking for a good light racket with good quality that can help your net shots, and returning smashes better, this racket is really good for you.

I am just so glad that I finally got this racket. Well, actually the racket was my early X'mas present. So, thanks to my partner who gave me such a nice and worthbuying present!! Have a Merry X'mas Everyone!!
    Last edited by Garuda; 12-03-2007 at 02:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about the price in malaysia?? is it reasonable?? anyone know?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ericTDX View Post
    how about the price in malaysia?? is it reasonable?? anyone know?
    currently available at World of Sports stores....
    maybe you may check out their sales offer, 20% off??

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast