User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default HEAD Metallix 10000

Ok yesterday (03/19/2008) I bought without any experience with this racket. I just bought it on bases of product revieuws and the characteristics of the racket. So last night played it with this racket. I have 2 armortec 800DE and I play with the Kason TSF100.

First impression. Although it is 85gr it's head heavy and medium stiff is a little bit stiffer then the armortec 800DE but more flexible then the 800OF even the head heavy is between the 800DE and the 800OF. I'm a hardhitter and I was looking for a racket wich provides me with enough flex for backhand clearing but enough weight to create more power for my smashes. The colors are red, black and silver the grip is white and I must say it's not uggly at all, it's more an aggressive look not too but enough. The head has a lot of the armortec frame from Yonex and if you look on the side of the head you see the stringing has a lot of the muscle power frame design. The top cap is a little bit smaller then the armortec but does his function during serve and net play.

Hitting the first strokes I thought hmm. Did I make a right choice to buy this racket or should I've bought the metallix 8000 but by more playing I was getting more excited about this racket. By returning shuttles I had every control about the shuttle. I just could play the shuttle where I wanted. Smashes were REALLY lovely. I have a shoulder injury and had to adjust my powerplay to more technical and there wasn't able to smash the full 100% without pain anyway. But smashing with this racket it feels like I was back to 100%. Maneuverability with this racket is also great. I never played defense with this racket so well as well in returning and during returning even have the control over this shuttle.

I'm planning to buy another so I have a set of 2 and sell the armortec. This is definately a racket wich I will play for a long time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reviews! Keep them coming!

I bought a Head Metallix 5000 myself and I think it's a really good all around racket. It provides good offensive qualities as well as manoeuvrability for defensive play. The only thing I'm a little bit sceptic about is the grade of flexibility. It could be less IMO. I don't know the other head rackets but they seem to be more stiff than the Metallix 5000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never seen one,but yet wanna try one.Anyone's kind hearted enough to let me try one?=P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah indeed, the first thing I noticed it was quite stiffer in yonex terms (wich we all are familiar) medium stiff in Head is between stiff and extra stiff in yonex terms. But I must admit the balance with the 10000 is just enough to create enormous power yet more than enough to control where the shuttle is going. The only thing wich I wasn't content about is the drop or net play, I can't find the right "moment" or "feel" or the "sharpness" but I think I need to play more often than 2 times with the racket to get really used to netdrop en net play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's quite interesting! Because IMO the Metallix 5000 feels a little bit too flexible, whereas the Metallix 10000 (which is said to be "medium stiff") seems to be stiffer than expected. As far as I know there are 3 different categories as far as the Metallix series is concerned:

Metallix 10000 - medium stiff
    Metallix 4000, 6000, 8000 - medium flex
    Metallix 2000, 5000 - flexible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody know if there's a difference between the Metallix 2000 & 5000? There are no infos on the Head website...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuowei View Post

I'm planning to buy another so I have a set of 2 and sell the armortec. This is definately a racket wich I will play for a long time.
    same with me, switched from yonex AT700, 800, 900 to metallix 10000 and sold my ATīs... and will never get back to any yonex racquet.

If you like to buy some more please wait, this summer there will be a revised version of metallix racquets (metallix 10000 tour)! Improvement: better paintjob and the top of the head section is more aerodynamic.

Another great choice is Metallix 8000 or 8000 tour, a bit more flexy and more forgiving, but still precise and crisp.
    Last edited by stork; 03-27-2008 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ton-Min-Bad View Post
    Does anybody know if there's a difference between the Metallix 2000 & 5000? There are no infos on the Head website...
    from the specs i would say itīs the same, i guess 5000 is a nice red Karstadt-version of the blue 2000.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The higher number does sound more appealing...not really fair I think!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The higher number does sound more appealing...not really fair I think!
    agree, but thatīs the difference between a racquet store and karstadt. and if you like the flexible shaft itīs still a nice racquet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen the 5000 is that an older model or what? But the 2000 you can find the specs on www.head.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem I had with my Yonex rackets is that I have never had a feeling that it was the RIGHT racket. The only racket wich came near was the NS9000s wich I clashed in a month and broke in 2. To buy another racket it was too expensive for me. So I bought the Kason TSF100 (Yonex more like the Ti10) and was a lot cheaper too. If I break these rackets it's less painfull for my wallet. But after buying the metallix 10000 I wasn't planning to buy a Yonex racket in the future. I believe there a lot of rackets on the market wich can be the same or better and a lot cheaper than yonex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently i bought the head metalix2000 is really a nice racket to play with i bought the 1st peice at:SGD$100 after playing with it awhile i really like this racket, so i went back to to get another 1 just nice this time there was a promotion for the racket & i got it at SGD$60 only hehe. anw metalix2000 is really a very solid racket men i just love it can consider getting metalix2000
    actually i was looking at metalix4000 but i cant find it here haiyo so ended up i bought the metalix2000...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got some new infos!

The Metallix 5000 does indeed consist of a different material mix than the Metallix 2000. I don't know exactly if for the better, but it's different, though comparable. The number does not necessarily indicate that it's a better racket than the Metallix 4000 and worse than the Metallix 6000. Maybe they should have named the racket 3000 instead, I don't know.

The Metallix 4000, 6000, 8000 & 10000 are referred to as competition rackets.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For any individuals interested in trying out Head rackets in Toronto, Ontario. You could come to the George Brown Badminton Club downtown. We have someone who is in contact with the Head badminton rep and he brings rackets to demo.

I've strung all his Head rackets (Metallix 10000 and 8000) with my own string or Head branded string he provided. To all stringers, Head rackets stringing pattern is one piece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the US and I have just bought a Head Metallix 10000 from Canada, I hope to get it in the next couple of days. Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone had tried airflow??

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast