User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 27
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Do you agree that a little vibration is good?

    Racket A - Feel dead or inert = totally solid with no vibration.....name a few brand if you have come across any...

    Racket B - Feedback feel is great or alive = solid with some vibration.....name a few if you have come across any...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Vibration can cause injuries over time but you cant eliminate it completely.

  3. #3
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,626
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your choice of grip can also affect how much you "feel".

    Personally I prefer some feel rather than it being numb upon impact.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    too much vibration will cause tennis elbow. too little then it's a like a dead fish....

    i believe most of non ISO head, eg cab 30 has great feel

  5. #5
    Regular Member Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Westcountry
    Posts
    707
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Apparently, the Mizuno TC700 feels awful because there is no vibration/"feel". (source: Dinkalot)

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Apparently, the Mizuno TC700 feels awful because there is no vibration/"feel". (source: Dinkalot)
    woooo...i am getting the TC700...seriously it's numb feeling?

  7. #7
    Regular Member Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Westcountry
    Posts
    707
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hope Dinkalot won't mind me reproducing this here, but this is what he told me:

    "Reason why is because in badminton, you need some vibration. If it's completely vibration less, you cannot feel the racket on drops, clears, smashes.

    This is why the TC700 is a terrible racket. And those minority who say it's a great racket and string the racket at 28lbs. or higher, I just shake my head at them because there's absolutely no feel. I am 100% convinced they like it because on paper, it's the most technologically advanced material (strongest) and because of this, the racket MUST BE GOOD. The TC700 is definitely very strong but good playing, it is not. Why do you think they discontinued it? :-P No pro would use it at least not for any extended nor successful period of time."


    I've never even seen a TC700 (not available in the UK), so I can't comment - but Dink generally knows what he's talking about when it comes to badminton rackets.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    I hope Dinkalot won't mind me reproducing this here, but this is what he told me:

    "Reason why is because in badminton, you need some vibration. If it's completely vibration less, you cannot feel the racket on drops, clears, smashes.

    This is why the TC700 is a terrible racket. And those minority who say it's a great racket and string the racket at 28lbs. or higher, I just shake my head at them because there's absolutely no feel. I am 100% convinced they like it because on paper, it's the most technologically advanced material (strongest) and because of this, the racket MUST BE GOOD. The TC700 is definitely very strong but good playing, it is not. Why do you think they discontinued it? :-P No pro would use it at least not for any extended nor successful period of time."


    I've never even seen a TC700 (not available in the UK), so I can't comment - but Dink generally knows what he's talking about when it comes to badminton rackets.
    Dinkalot vs Twobeer...i can't help but imagine them using the TC700 to fight each other literally....oops :P
    Last edited by cephas_chan; 09-06-2010 at 10:23 AM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    I hope Dinkalot won't mind me reproducing this here, but this is what he told me:

    "Reason why is because in badminton, you need some vibration. If it's completely vibration less, you cannot feel the racket on drops, clears, smashes.

    This is why the TC700 is a terrible racket. And those minority who say it's a great racket and string the racket at 28lbs. or higher, I just shake my head at them because there's absolutely no feel. I am 100% convinced they like it because on paper, it's the most technologically advanced material (strongest) and because of this, the racket MUST BE GOOD. The TC700 is definitely very strong but good playing, it is not. Why do you think they discontinued it? :-P No pro would use it at least not for any extended nor successful period of time."


    I've never even seen a TC700 (not available in the UK), so I can't comment - but Dink generally knows what he's talking about when it comes to badminton rackets.
    On a more serious notion, many rackets had gone through the discontinuation process....new models came out & the old ones stopped production...Badmintan's review on the TC700 was something similar to the Cab 30 Muscle's feel which i had took a swing at Mr Soh place...but of cos, the Cab is a oval headed design vs TC700 customized iso....

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I too believe that Sir Dink generally knows what he's talking about but in this case, my own experience disagrees with his observations. 4 of my TC700 are among the most communicative rackets I've tried and I like them not because of the technology or what not. I personally do not care about what tetra(whatever) is nor do I care if pros use them at all. OTOH, I did prefer my Cab30 to most of the current isometric offerings.

    In any case, he is entitled to his observations and I to mine. We can agree to disagree.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rackets that vibrate lose energy and are definitely not good. A racket frame must be extraordinarily stiff so that little energy is lost through vibrations.
    One of the main causes of excessive vibrations is the non-symmetry plus lack of stiffness of the T-joint; another is the use of low modulus graphite in the frame.
    Vibrations should not be confused with feel. Just try a Li Ning N55 racket and you will see what I mean-solid yet with a good feel plus almost zero vibrations.
    As a matter of fact you can test excessive vibrations yourself without even hitting a shot. It can be done on a table or bench. Excessive vibrations mean the racket is severely off-spec and should be rejected in a strict QC test. Pls don't confuse vibrations with feel.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Rackets that vibrate lose energy and are definitely not good. A racket frame must be extraordinarily stiff so that little energy is lost through vibrations.
    One of the main causes of excessive vibrations is the non-symmetry plus lack of stiffness of the T-joint; another is the use of low modulus graphite in the frame.
    Vibrations should not be confused with feel. Just try a Li Ning N55 racket and you will see what I mean-solid yet with a good feel plus almost zero vibrations.
    As a matter of fact you can test excessive vibrations yourself without even hitting a shot. It can be done on a table or bench. Excessive vibrations mean the racket is severely off-spec and should be rejected in a strict QC test. Pls don't confuse vibrations with feel.
    Bro taneepak, maybe you can enlighten us on the vibration test using table or bench?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    court
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    I too believe that Sir Dink generally knows what he's talking about but in this case, my own experience disagrees with his observations. 4 of my TC700 are among the most communicative rackets I've tried and I like them not because of the technology or what not. I personally do not care about what tetra(whatever) is nor do I care if pros use them at all. OTOH, I did prefer my Cab30 to most of the current isometric offerings.

    In any case, he is entitled to his observations and I to mine. We can agree to disagree.
    May I add, I feel the TC700 is way better in all areas (though it is not the best for me but it's definitely up there with the best) compared to my experiences with Cab 35 (never tried Cab 30) and other earlier Cabs. Stick racket vibrations can be customized though with grip replacement in general.
    Last edited by RSLvictorSOTX; 09-06-2010 at 10:46 AM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cephas_chan View Post
    Bro taneepak, maybe you can enlighten us on the vibration test using table or bench?
    I will explain in detail at the appropriate time. BTW, this simple and quick test is actually a real QC test employed by almost all Japanese OEM racket manufacturers.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I will explain in detail at the appropriate time. BTW, this simple and quick test is actually a real QC test employed by almost all Japanese OEM racket manufacturers.
    Thanks, bro. Hope to hear from you soon.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Pls don't confuse vibrations with feel.
    To a certain extent, I do believe that the duo are not exactly the same but I do not have the scientific means to qualify my feelings. It deals a lot with how we interprete the signals from our contact with the racket via our hand/fingers. I do not think these signals are purely racket rattle.

  17. #17
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,961
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    a little vibration is good.

    rackets that are too damped, as you mentioned, kills all the feel of the racket. even though it sounds very good from the marketing point of view, it doesn't work out in real life.

    if you try most of the high end yonex and Li Ning rackets, you will noticed that there is a certain amount of vibration/feel coming through. it is by design with the very stiff material used.

    if you try a fake racket or a low end racket, it comes in very damped and feels very soft, the result is that the shuttle impact give no or little feedback to
    the player.

    on the other hand, too much vibration is also bad.

    like most things in badminton, it is bad to be on either extreme, the right amount of vibration is a personal preference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What to do if you don't agree on score?
    By Dauntless in forum Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating
    Replies: 8
    : 02-01-2011, 08:02 PM
  2. Vibration
    By vince_kan in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2
    : 12-04-2006, 03:43 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    : 06-01-2004, 10:49 PM
  4. Vibration
    By BadmintonBoy in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2
    : 04-22-2003, 07:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •