Help me spot counterfeit stuff

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by newbie26, Feb 16, 2007.

1. newbie26

newbie26 New Member

:confused: Ok, I've done a search so I know some of teh things to look out for to know what is real and what is fake but then, on some messages, you guys just say it's fake and don't say why :crying: . Can somone link to a photo and tell me what I need to look for? Esp. for EBay stuff...I is so CONFUSED! :crying: :confused: :confused:

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

easy, buy from official yonex dealers, and stay away from ebay!

3. newbie26

newbie26 New Member

good advice - TY, but I want to be cool like you guys and spot the fakes too! Some Ebay people sell real rackets and it's convenient for me and I'm addicted to Ebay...I am not looking for bargains and cheap marchandies. I just see people say "that's fake" from a photo and wonder how they do it..please help! :)

4. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    i agree with Dreamzz. just get it from authorized dealers and you'll be safe. if you want to see what physical characteristics to look for...you have to know what the genuine racquet looks like. if you know what the genuine one looks like, then you can distinguish between genuine and counterfeit racquets.

5. newbie26

newbie26 New Member

but some stuff that I've looked at on ebay has looked totally fine to me only to come on here and see someone has said it's not...even the links in the top sticky from reazvawda...what's wrong with them? :crying: They must be fake, everyone here seems to have spotted it imediatly...

I'm begining to feel really stupid :confused: :(

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    no need to feel stupid. If u have doubt, just ask us in BF.

7. newbie26

newbie26 New Member

Thank you! That's nice...but can anyone give me pointers about what they seen in the photoes that alerts them so quickly to it being a fake? :) I was looking at another thread...one of the messages on a sticky and someone just said "yeah, that's fake" but didn't say why :confused: I want to know for myself rather than just having to aks you guys all the time!

Thanks again for taking the time to read all this. xx

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    reazvawda apparently changed the shop name so the one in the sticky does not work.

You can find it here.

You can tell it's easily fake because of the logos and other details.

#8 Matt, Feb 16, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  9. newbie26

newbie26 New Member

ok...getting closer - What is it about the logos that shows they are fake?

thanks so much, I hope this is not bothering you...i just want to know for myself what to look for.

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    [​IMG]

Have a look at the details (ie. text, logo) carefully on my own case (look at it at the full size). Look at the one in the auction, then you will see why. The same applys at looking the racket's cone because the logos should be identical.

11. newbie26

newbie26 New Member

Hi again matt - have been scrutinising your pic and the ones on reazvawdas' ebay and I can't see the difference...maybe I just need to train my eyes or sumthing but the logos look the same though your camera/photo is much clearer.:eek:

Guess I should stik to licensed Yonex people for the moment 'til I can tell but I can't help feeling people jump to conclusions that things are "fake" way too quickly. You got to be cautious, of course, but guys here seem to be mega-quick to say something is fake from a few blurry photos....

Anyway, shall go shopping on centralsports or somehwere now for my shiny new racket...

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Pay close attention to the logo and the text. You may overlooking the minor details which is why you are saying you cannot tell the difference.

Oh reazvawda finally took those auctions down. Possibly hiding them. In anycase, do not buy from this seller.

#12 Matt, Feb 16, 2007
  13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

it's no one thing but many details that may or may not be evidence because there are many fake makers and fakes are inconsistent and/or fakes keep improving. ie. fakes keep changing. There are old fakes, interim fakes, and newer fakes. Yes, we look at the bags too.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

so funny, we got him on the run. He is adding items to his new link as i write this post lol.
    Kwun should 'edit' the sticky with the new link http://stores.ebay.co.uk/London-Badminton-Store

#14 cooler, Feb 16, 2007
  15. newbie26

newbie26 New Member

maybe I am naive but does noone think that some fake sellers could believe theirs are the real thing?It just seems really mean to that reazvawda and others that you just say "that's fake" and don't explain..it could even be illegal if you don't offer proper details about it. :eek:
    just saw that he accepts returns - anyone brave enough to buy one and then return it if it is fake? (not me, I wouldnt' be able to tell anywya!!) it wud be wierd to allow returns if he knows they are fake, wudnt it?

And I have just spent AGES looking and comparing logos and stuff to see what's different and i don't see it - can anyone give specifics about whats wrong with any rackets or racket bags - like show me and others side by side or sumthing? That woudl be helpful if anyone has the time and energy.

(in between spending ages I have been looking at rackets on licensed sites and now I am all confused abou twhat racket I want! :confused: Must go on other forums here to decide nwo!)

#15 newbie26, Feb 16, 2007
  16. D-man2005

D-man2005 Regular Member

Don't trust ebay when it comes to racquets.

Hello Newbie26,

Some ebay sellers post pictures of real legit racquets. When you purchase them they send you the fake. It is not always easy to spot a fake from the pictures given on ebay.

Just buy from a authorized Yonex dealer and save yourself some headaches. Note if the deal is too good to be true then it is not true.

You don't want to pay near full price and discover that you just bought a fake. Then you have to deal with returning the racquet and getting a refund. Too much headaches.

With fakes they are getting better making the racquet looking like the real deal. Fakes are getting harder and harder to spot even by some of the pros here.

Some day it will get to the point where you can only tell if it is a fake by playing with the racquet. The people who make fakes are reading these forums and improving the look of their products.

Cheers,

D-Man

#16 D-man2005, Feb 16, 2007
  17. newbie26

newbie26 New Member

Thanks DMan -that's what I'm gonna do - buy a racket from sumone reputable but just getting really frustrated that I can't see what's faake and what's not! :mad:

Maybe this guy has genuin pics up...but then others see them and say they are fake. I think it's too hard to tell from pics on ebay...especially this guy 'cause his pics are a bit blurry compared to the 1 matt put here fo his bag.

Still :confused: but :D to get a new racket from another site.
    Have u seen the ones on teh site they are all talkign about?Do they look real to yyou?

18. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Newbie,

Some hints.
    Look at the Yonex "O" in the logo.
    Look at the trangle part of the logo.
    Look at the distance between the triangles.
    Look at the font style in the YONEX's text.

Should be able to tell them off in an instant.

#18 Matt, Feb 16, 2007
  19. D-man2005

D-man2005 Regular Member

Spotting Fakes.

I'm not good at spotting fakes from pictures. I usually know a fake when I pick it up and inspect it and swing it around.

I only buy racquets that are from authorized dealers or from other people on this forum that I trust. Usually I inspect the racquet first before I buy them.

Some of the pros at spotting fakes on this forum know which sellers are the rotten apples. The pros are tired of repeating themselves and prefer that you use the search funcition on the forum and do some reading. There are too many things to list to look for in a fake. Just search for fakes and you will see how many posts there are on this forum and how to spot them.

Just trust them when they tell you the racquet is fake. If you buy the racquet anyways don't comeback and blame them for not warning you. They are tired of people coming back to them and crying.

Good luck on your racquet purchase. Have fun reading the fake racquet posts.

Cheers,

D-Man

#19 D-man2005, Feb 16, 2007
  20. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I PMed Kwun about it. Maybe you can gives him a word too.