Best string for a Isometric Ti Swing Power SS...

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Hung, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Hung

Hung Guest

I just purchased a new racquet... Isometric Ti Swing Power SS. My question is, which string should I use on this racquet? I only use nylon shuttle cocks and my friend suggested BG-70 Pro... is this string good? or is there another string you would recomend...

2. Eric

Eric Guest

if u are going to Use Feathers then The recommended String By Yonex is Bg 65 or Bg 65 ti.

I guess exception to the rule would be that if u use plastics then BG 70 Pro always!

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I believe that the BG-70 Pro was designed for Nylon shuttles, but its supposingly out of production now. I'm currently using BG-66 but i play only with feathers.....

If your using nylon, then prehaps you should use the BG-65 or BG-65 Ti

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

There's plenty of BG-70 Pro last time I went to go restring my racquet. (I went 2 days ago...and I'm pretty sure its not out of production.) BG-70 is the way to go if your using nylon shuttles like I do.

5. wing0

wing0 Regular Member

How much difference and what's affected if i'm using BG 65 instead of BG 70 Pro when i'm play with nylon birds?

6. Harry

Harry Guest

For the racket

I've been using the Ti SP SS for a year now, and I've had it strung three times, with BG-80, BG-70 and BG-65Ti. Even though it is more head heavy than the SA or SR, it is still a fairly evenly balanced racket and slightly thicker strings can add a bit more weight up top, which can be a good thing.

I think the BG-65Ti is the best string overall for the racket. I use nylon shuttles occasionally, when I'm coaching juniors, and I've found the racket feels a lot more comfortable when hitting the shuttles (we use Yonex Mavis). For playing with feathers, I prefer the thinner BG-80, but this string is better in a head heavy racket like the Ti-10.

7. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Re: For the racket

BG70 strings are very hard. If you are not a hard hitter then you won't utilize the power of the BG70 Pro. BG68Ti holds tension very well but lacks feel and power. BG80 and BG85 are almost the same but I feel the BG85 has more control, touch, and power all in one string. Durability is lacking so constant restringing is needed. BG75Ti is just for pure power(smashing). Control and touch is not what this string is capable of. Reserve this string for smash happy matches. BG88Ti is another good string that holds the qualities of control, power and feel in a string. I've only used it once but very good for the all-round player.

8. GTR

GTR Guest

Re: For the racket

So you're saying that the BG68Ti is the string you'd recommed? Would it still be the same string for a Swing Power Ti SX?