Black Knight SL Photon and Ghost

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by cycilver, Feb 19, 2007.

1. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    Does anyone have much information on these racquets? Has anyone used it and can explain the feel of it and all?

2. Trick_shot

Trick_shot Regular Member

badminton pro
    I can help

Hi I had a feather xl but have been trying the ghost PC xl and the ph. . The PH, is 1 g lighter than the GH which you cant really tell at all. there pritty close togather in comparision but the GH is GREAT thats what i've swithed to because the PH didn't do much for power for me i usually put my tension on 24 with it but the PH would break the strings alot and the ghost i break 2-3 weeks because i play everyday pritty much and the PH would break every week the GH isn't as much either :cool:
    Good luck with the racket!:eek:

3. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    is there anywhere other than Brown's that i can get top of the line black knight rackets in toronto?

4. 2asian

2asian Regular Member

just get it at brown, but dont let them string it.

5. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    do you know if they charge tax, compared to winning badminton, if they charge tax, yonex equipment is cheaper at winning badminton

6. 2asian

2asian Regular Member

Brownsports does charge taxes. If you want to get yonex equipment. Go to maxsports. Best place ever. Tell Micheal store owner of Maxsports, andy introduce you to him. Has all the latest yonex racquets etc.

7. suppahrookie

suppahrookie New Member

Student
    I own a Ghost and had the chance to test run the Photon that belong to my friend. You can't tell the difference in weight, but both rackets have to be handled differently.

The Ghost is head heavy, thus giving you power to your smashes, but it's not as agile as you would be with the Photon. Although both rackets recommend stringing 18lbs - 24lbs, I've strung my Ghost at 26lbs. The reason being was the Ghost was head heavy, meaning there was more material in the head. Basically, the head of a Ghost is stronger than the Photon's. I've had my racket clashed with other rackets, and I did not find a crack. (Just the paint job scratching off) My friend who owns a Photon had his clashed once, and a chip fell from the head.

The Photon is the most popular model of the SL series. People buy the Photon because it's light and easy to handle. Light weight = more agile + a bit more effort to produce a powerful smash.

I got the Ghost because I'm such a weakling. When I play with heavy rackets, my arms tired and I can hardly hold the racket in my hand after playing for many hours. :crying: The other reason was I wanted something that would give me power with minimal effort. (The head heaviness helped me fill in that gap)

Lastly, I think you should just try both of them out and see what feels right to you.

8. mhmed0780@

mhmed0780@ Regular Member

good
    thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

9. yerrorice

yerrorice Regular Member

The ghost is very light and easy to maneuver, it has ALOT of repulsion but the only down side to it is that i find it's not really isometric (small sweet spot).

10. ~~Alfonse

~~Alfonse Regular Member

yea at canucks badminton. search them up on google :)