Light

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Mike J, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Mike J

Mike J Guest

I'm curious about what is the absolute lightest racket ever made buy carlton, wilson, yonex, or forza? I dont particularily want this racket cause it is probably weak and expensive but i just wonder.

2. LL

LL Guest

For the longest time, Carlton had the 85G, that was literally the name of the racquet. I have seen the first, 2nd, 3rd generations of them, before it became the Aerogear 1000fx, then the Airblade 1000.

Hope this helps, don't know about other current models.

LL

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

What abt karakal? I think That Sl 70 or whatever is supposed to be 70Gms!

4. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    well i owned one of the sl-70s.The frame is 70g but with string on every thing it;s like 75g, it was a great racket for defence but power was little.

5. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I'd say the Carlton Yong Hock Kin is the lightest racquet that Carlton has produced, at 81 gms. Not sure about the current AS Lite, but I think it's around 84-85... still light.

The Forza racquet are generally about the same weight, they are all nfairly light, weighing in at around 86-87 gms. Last year they had once model which was 83 g, can't remember which one but I think it was the Ti Tech 400.

As to Yonex, I guess it would be the new MP-80 (has a 4U version) followed by the Ti SP, in the SR and SA versions which are supposed to be 81 g.

6. Josh

Josh Guest

One of the lightest racquets I've heard of is a Black Knight racquet. The model is called the M-2006M C4 weighing 79 gms. when strung. Also does anyone know what the C4 represents for Black Knight racquets.

7. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Alpha

i've used an Alpha racket that was probably around 80g. it was probably mid-priced and not at all flimsy. however, cuz it was so light (& headlight as well), i experienced considerable difficulty with my timing, particularly for smashes.