Dutch Junior 2007

Discussion in '2007 Tournaments' started by jerby, Feb 26, 2007.

1. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Hi Folks,

the Dutch Junior in Haarlem (hihi..right here!:D) starts wednesday
    http://www.dutchjunior.nl
    All players already arrived in our transformed hall, and saw the Singapore-men do some drills after we were done.

they sure can play, I'll tell you that;)

anybody going/already here?

2. yannie

yannie Regular Member

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I wish I am there. It is so exciting to watch the up and coming players of the world... :)

The Indonesian team have left Saturday and Sunday [Indonesian time]. So, they should be there by now...

Here are some information about the Indonesians who are playing there:
    MS
    1. Bandar Sigit Pamungkas. Seeded number 2 in Dutch Junior. 2006 Milo Junior International Champion. The only MS player in the National Team who is under 19 this year.. Was brought up by PB Djarum [Djarum Badminton Club] and is still a member of Djarum if he is not playing for the national team. A recent magazine picked him as the 5th most likely prospect to replace Taufik as Indonesia's next superstar. Bandar Sigit's favorite player is Taufik and he would often imitate Taufik's style. But Bandar is still ranked 591 in the world after 2 international (adult) tournaments... :p I heard rumors that he might have caught some Typhoid symptoms before this tournament. I wonder if he is still going...?!? :confused:

2. Andi Nugroho Saputro. 2006 Junior National Champion. 180+ cm tall. The best Junior player outside the National Team. Andi is also a member of PB Djarum. His own club sent him to Dutch Junior. Andi is often called "Gepeng", his household nickname. "Gepeng" means flat-headed. I personally don't see anything wrong with the shape of his head... :confused: Most Juniors in Indonesia fear his speed and aggressive power. He is currently being seriously trained by coach Fang Kaixiang. I think his toughest opponent will be Derek Wong from Singapore. Derek is pretty good. :cool:

WS
    1. Maria Febe Kusumastuti. 2006 Brazil International (Satellite) champion, defeated several top 50-100 players from Europe and Canada in the process. Ranked 227 in the world after 2 (adult) international tournament. Since there are so many "Maria"-s in PB Djarum, her club, such as Maria Kristin and Maria Elfira, Maria Febe is called Febe most of the time... :p Febe is one of the top 3 player under 19 in Indonesia. In last year's 2006 World Junior Championship in Korea, Febe lost to Wang Yihan [the eventual champion]. She is seeded number 1 in this tournament. Febe is very calm, calculating, and seldom reckless... unless she is in terrible shape, she won't produce too many unforced errors. I heard Djarum's new Chinese coach [Fang Kaixiang] likes her potential very much... He included Febe in his 'elite' team since the middle of last year...
    2. Aprillia Yuswandari. A National Team member since early 2006. She is still a member of Semen Gresik Badminton Club, East Java. Aprillia has been a top Junior player in Indonesia since 2005. She reached the quarterfinals of 2006 Surabaya Satellite but have not won an international tournament yet. She is seeded number 3 and is currently ranked 161 in the world after 4 tournaments... :) Competitors, beware of her overhead-cross weapon... :cool: :cool: :cool: She used it quite effectively in Indonesia where she is relatively tall. I don't know about Europe where the majority of players are pretty tall...
    3. Febby Angguni. She is the youngest member of the National Team. Recruited last year when she was 15. Febby was the top player under 16 and famous for the smooth footwork. I heard that she was undefeated in 2005 and naturally was the undisputed number one player under 16 before the National Team recruited her in early 2006. Febby is originally from West Java, but chose to join PB Djarum in Central Java because of the club's reputation for high-quality training. When given the chance, she can sing and dance very well. Quite famous for her imitation of Inul's whirlwind-dance. Oh, for those outside Indonesia, Inul is a famous 'dangdut' singer, a sexy singer famous for her sexy dance moves. Febby can imitate Inul precisely. She once performed in front of the whole Indonesian Badminton Association executives... :D In case badminton training eventually bore her, Febby can easily switch profession... :D

4. jerby

jerby Regular Member

5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

thank you krisna, very interesting info about the indonesian juniors. any photos of them?
    bandar.. hahahaha bandar means monkey in indian.

the only one on the other side of the net is definitely derek wong.

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    What?!? :eek: Bandar = monkey?

Maybe he should avoid the Indian Open whenever possible... :p :D

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

A very detailed biography of these junior players....
    So, it's essentially a Djarum contingent...not Pelatnas.

You seem to have good connections with Djarum :D

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    He he he, I know quite a few people from all the big Indonesian badminton clubs... :cool: So I hear a lot of the latest news and stories. The badminton community in Indonesia is quite a small circle... :) You know a lot more than I do, badMania... ;) You are the encyclopedia of badminton...

I hope the youngsters will get good playing experiences in this year's Dutch Open. Go Indonesia! :)

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Dear BC members,

Any stories or information about the players from other countries? Holland players? Singapore players? Malaysian players? Germany? England? Czech? Hong Kong? Russia? Ukraine? Spain? Portugal? Who are their best player, which club or region do they come from, anything?... It's fun to know more... Ha ha ha...

Yannie,

How come the Danes are not playing? Denmark is still the number one badminton country in Europe and this tournament is so close to their home... They should want their youngsters to get some international match experience, right? Does this tournament conflict with their school schedule or something?

10. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Krisna, I'm not sure why :confused:, but there's many Danish upcoming players in German Open right now.
    Nah, if they need to play in tournament like this, they will get permission from school. ;)

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What changes to the hall? Is there finally some room to sit :p ??

12. jerby

jerby Regular Member

yeah, actually, there is:)

with teh cafeteria upstair and normally 7 courts downstairs here's the change:
    -Duinwijck used to have 5 court in a row (|||||) and two down, in the other direction, something like this:
    |||||
    _ _

each stripe representing a court (for those who've never been there)
    Now the 5 courts are replaced with 4 courtmatts (more space in between)
    and the entire length of the hall (the two other courts) are full of stands...10 deep I'd guess..

I'd say there's enough room..unless all the players decide to bring 2 racketbags and a sleeping bag;) :D

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Haha yeah have been there too many times; the only cool thing is the address ;) (and the badminton only ofcourse).

Maxime RENAULT [FRA] - [INA] Bandar Sigit PAMUNGKAS Walkover, so looks like the rumours are true about him being ill(?).

14. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    thanks Jerby for the link. there are heaps of nice photos on the site :]

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I am afraid so... :(

Oh well, then Andi Nugroho Saputro have to do it alone then... :cool: No help from the bottom side of the draw... If he can beat his nerves and defeat the number 5 seed from HK, then he might meet Derek Wong in the semis...

I am sorry, but I don't know any of the other European players in this tournament... So I don't know how they are stacked against Andy Nugroho and Derek Wong...

I am sure there has to be some good non-Danish Juniors out there... :)

By the way, how good is Teo Kok Siang of Malaysia? Does anybody know?!?:confused: :confused: :confused: What's his status? National team? Club team? KLRC Junior? National Junior top player? What?!? :confused: :confused: :confused:

16. yannie

yannie Regular Member

He is only 16-17 years old, still in BJSS. Younger brother of former world junior boys' doubles champion Teo Kok Seng.

17. hartono3078

hartono3078 Regular Member

He is only 16-17 years old, still in BJSS. Younger brother of former world junior boys' doubles champion Teo Kok Seng.
    wa u know better than me ,a malaysian:eek:

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Thanks Yannie... :D

Is he good at this point of time? Do you know his accomplishments? :) I just want to gauge the quality of the players in this tournament.

The only non-Indonesian I know is Derek Wong because I have seen him play before...

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yes...Derek is pretty good. Loh and me watched his match during the Singapore Satelitte last year.

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Waah, today Derek Wong lost to this Russian Junior, Ivan Sozonov 22-20, 21-15....:eek: I didn't know the Russians have developed their abilities this fast...

If badminton popularity booms in Russia, before long, they will be all over the badminton landscape like in tennis... :D Dominating the game and giving us pretty players to look at...:p

The Indonesian singles contingent are still undefeated today. Maria Febe, Aprillia, and Febby Angguni all have progressed to the next round [round of 32]. Andi Nugroho Saputro [Gepeng], Indonesia's 2006 Junior National Champion, also have progressed to the round of 32. :)