kimoni

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by cycilver, Feb 26, 2007.

1. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    has anyone ever tried kimoni rackets? how is the quality? how about compared to sotx rackets?

2. zaytun

zaytun New Member

Badminton/student
    kimoni rackets are excellent. for a moderate price range thay are superb to play with. I recoment you try them saying that i have never tries stox rackets. I am an English National level player and i play with Kimoni Rackets

:)

3. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Kimoni is one of the few so called "designed/developed in Japan" but "made in China" racket.

It priced itself at the low to mid range market, so if one does not care too much about popular brand names, Kimoni is a reasonable choice of racket.

This is unlike SOTX which their newer products tend to match the high-end racket market.

4. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    My local pro shop carries Kimoni products. The prices for their high end rackets are around the price of an Yonex AT500. but I've never played with a Kimoni racket, nor have i ever held one. Would like to try one one day when i get the chance.

5. juris

juris Regular Member

night stalker
    Durability of the Kimoni rackets are in question. Our group experienced at least 3 Kimoni rackets breaking even without hitting another racket, and strung only at 22-24 lbs..

6. HongKongIp

HongKongIp Regular Member

Worker
    I TOTALY agree with you.:mad:
    I have brought three kimoni rackets (each around US 100). They give me excellent control of the shuttle and very good power. :)
    However, they are ALL gone.:crying:
    One of them even have not ever been hit by the other rackets but stringing at 24 makes it fracture!:(
    Now I am afraid of those rackets using material like "woven" or "nano".:mad:

7. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

my friend's kimoni nano 3000 broke in a clash...it was a big clash with a steel yonex isometric hehehe ...dont think any racquets can survive a class with a steel racquet.

In my opinion (which is based on using 1 kimoni racquet) it is very light and quite flexible this is one of it advantages so I guess the materials used to make it lighter does not make it extra strong. Bear in mind my friend was very happy with it because he wanted a defensive racquet (he has seen the light and now using a mp 99 ehhehehehe the smasher in him is strong).

You get what you pay for and I think Kimoni's make good racquets for the price you are paying :) can't compare it in USD but then it is quite inexpensive in HK.

8. greyes

greyes Regular Member

professor
    I just got the Metallic power 7003 (red, 78 g, bp: 295-305, 675 mm, mid stiff) and the symmetric power 8003 (red, 78 g, bp: 295-305, 675 mm, stiff) from a store in Mongkok, Hong Kong. I'm getting them strung at 25 lbs with ashaway ti 68 and will let y'all know what i think asap!

9. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    mind telling me what store? I'm going to Hong Kong in two weeks and would like to give Kimoni a try.

10. greyes

greyes Regular Member

professor
    Kimoni rackets

No prob.. it was actually my sister who bought them for me (she lives in HK). I just e-mailed her to ask for the name and address... apparently it's one of only a few stores there that sells kimoni stuff. Anyways, I attached a pic of the store with the manager holding up an MP7002 and a SP8002. Saludos!

Attached Files:

11. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

i believe that is racketshop. very good experience there. recommended for their string job.

12. hong123

hong123 Regular Member

student
    the prices of equipment they sell other than kimoni are relatively higher than the shops nearby
    i would not buy anything there coz of the high prices

13. greyes

greyes Regular Member

professor
    Hi there! My sis' just replied and said:

"I'd have to double check when I get back to HK, and I don't remember the place having a website. I think it was called Dragon sports, in Mongkok, and I think it was 128 Fa Yuen Street, but I'm not 100% on that (and my brain is mush, so I could be way off). If they're going after december 7, I'll email you again with the details when I get there." ... buuut i dunno, kikks9 is probably right (in the pic, the sign behind the manager says 'racketshop'). Anyways, good luck!

#13 greyes, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  14. Keios

Keios Regular Member

Student
    the picture is definitely of racket shop and they do have a website www.racketshop.com.hk but it still looks like work in progress. address is 102A, 1/F, Fa Yuen Street, Mongkok. When i went there back in may they kept trying to persuade me to get a kimoni racket but i got the at500 in the end. I do however recommend their grips especially the 107.

15. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

that is where the fun in negotiating comes in. i believe rose has the best prices but they can be quite rude but my gf who was with me said it is actually quite normal. oh well :) no problems with either stores actually. i love hong kong for its food, shopping and transport !!

16. sori0004

sori0004 New Member

Student
    Does anyone know where in Australia can you get Kimoni rackets from???

17. greyes

greyes Regular Member

professor
    I dunno about Aussieland, but Hong Kong is pretty close! There's a website www.puppysports.com that ships worldwide. Their prices aren't bad for kimoni either.

18. mutek03

mutek03 Regular Member

professor
    They are great racket. I play with the MP7003. I just love this racket!
    Great control, great defense and relatively good for smashes. I ordered
    a second one!

19. yanzhi0714

yanzhi0714 Regular Member

Student
    hello everyone~ do you guys string them at around 22-24lbs?

since the max tension is 28lbs...?

20. mutek03

mutek03 Regular Member

professor
    I string my Kimoni @24lbs tension with BG65ti