Black Knight racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Josh, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Josh

Josh Guest

Any of you guys have experience with these racquets?? They are the bestseller in my country!! I have one model and it has been my favourite racquet. The BK Aero Pro Ti. Any comments?? If you want to take a look at these racquets, go to www. blackknight.ca.

2. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Is it the BK 717 now selling $89.90 at SportMart ?

3. Josh

Josh Guest

Ya, that's the one!! Do you have it?? If you don't, I suggest getting it. It may look like a cheap price so you might think it's a bad racquet but remember, Sport Mart is a discount store. The racquet is really worth about $110 or $115. Trust me it is reliable. BUT, I would suggest getting new strings as soon as you buy it because the strings that come with it aren't that good at all!

4. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks. In fact I have a few swing of the racket in the store. Not a bad feeling at first touch. I am not in a hurry to getting it but I hope there will be more discount on Boxing day.

5. LL

LL Guest

BK's blow, they are not big sellers in my opinion, just because they originate from Canada. Main interest is in Quebec. Low quality and not very good to play with at all. Yonex is still by far the biggest seller in Canada.

6. Josh

Josh Guest

If you say that Black Knight makes low quality racquets, then that means you haven't taken the time to play with one a few times. Ya, they are a bit unique but if you take the time to get used to one then you'd probably find them not bad at all! But I do agree with you partially. Any racquet in the 300 series and down is a bad racquet. But any racquet in the 600 series and up are quite good.
    Also remember personal preference. To you the racquets may seem bad because they don't suit your playing style but for me, BK's are my #1 choice. So maybe you DID take the time to play with one?? Also, I know Yonex is the #1 brand for badminton but everyone has them and I would like to be a bit original and start buying racquets that other people don't use. BK's are very popular in B.C. at least. Black Knight sponsors many college and University tournaments. Also the majority of the people in my club use Black Knight.

7. LL

LL Guest

I have tried all the BK's, including the newer millenium series, I have used lots of brands, Yonex, Carlton, Winex, BK, Victor, HiQua, Wilson just to name a few.
    I don't know, BK's just feel funny, like the Wilsons.

The only BK I liked was the 790 from a few years ago, Ultralite I think that was what it was called. It was a "lite" version of the 795, which was called the Ultra I think. It's been tooo many years, I have forgotten about that racquet as it did not last me, it died on a smash after 3 months. *sigh*, I also liked the rapier.

I use Hiqua HQ800 right now, still my fav racquet is the original blue Yonex Iso 800. I'm going to go back to Yonex, just as soon as I can afford it, MP77 rules.

LL

8. Logic

Logic New Member

Black Knight

I just got a BK Power Channel 67 today for an amazing price.. gonna try it tonight. Any comments on this racket?

9. mnewbie

mnewbie New Member

New BK Raquet

I'm looking for a new raquet that was posted on BK's site but I can't find it any where, I think it is called The Olympian? If you guys have any info on this raquet that would be great:)

10. gopes

gopes New Member

Student
    This Toronto store has the best prices for Black Knight & they ship everywhere. They shipped my order the same day: www.tdgsportsinternational.com
    They also have the ASICS GEL BLAST 3 which is a sick shoe!!!