Weird string/racket performance

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by lorus_blue, Feb 28, 2007.

1. lorus_blue

lorus_blue Regular Member

:confused: good day to all! and hope someone posts his/her opinion on this;

i bought a new racket (Fleet Nanopower 9000) strung at 22 lbs. (don't know the thickness of the string). The racket is headlight and 68 cm long, stiff to medium stiff (i think) anyway, (they say that strings perfom their best when they're new) on its first week it performed really well! my smashes are quite strong and i have good control of my net plays, however, on the 2nd week my smashes became week and its very hard to have control of my net plays...! but, on the 3rd week, my power smashes were back and i regained control of my net plays! and now my racket is on its 4th week and its still performing so well! what could have happened on the second week of my racket? what went wrong?....and oh, by the way i play 2-3 times a week 3-4 hrs. each, and i play doubles and mixed, thanks...

2. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

You went wrong :p
    Probably you had a bad week. Timing off a bit maybe.
    Did you use only the new racquet for the 4 weeks, or did you play with your other(s) also?

3. lorus_blue

lorus_blue Regular Member

thanks neil for answering my query! maybe you're right i might have had a bad week and one thing more, its the only racket i've been using the whole 4 weeks...thanks!

4. jerby

jerby Regular Member

sounds like a rough week to me...

there're too many variables available...you, your condition, enviroment, racketperformace, partners, opponents...

occams razor anyone?:eek:

5. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

It would be wrong to believe strings only play best when new. My last brilliant string played its best on the day it broke. That was 9 months after it was strung.

6. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I agree (the first part...for the last 3 years my strings have never lasted 9 months...) with you on that...
    it's all down to the player..some like 'fresh strings' because they're at their stiffest at that time, others like them a bit softer...

though the 'softer string lovers' mostly aren't as vocal as the extra-stiff-high-tension fanatics:eek:
    personally, MP at 24lbs is great from day one till 2 weeks later or so...except when they're fresh on monday morning (strung on sunday, practise modnay morning), at that time and temperature I would be happy with some softer stuff:eek:

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I think that might because your intial tension was too high for you. After months of usage, it will lose tension, and get to your "comfortable" range.

However, I think it really depends on the type of string as well. Some strings (i.e. BG68Ti, BG85, etc) just feel too dead after months of usage.