User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my area that technique is called a "carry" which makes much more sense if you imagine the bird actually being carried over like a plate of food (good example?)

but i guess once you are good enough there is no sense in purposely doing something like this. The only times when i do it is on a mishit from a slice/tumble at the net.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CWB001
    I take it you mean that touching the shuttle is illegal if it is done in one stroke.

The only way it is legal under the new laws (as is indicated in your quote of law 13.3.8) is if the shuttle strikes the frame and strings in one stroke. Two hits with the strings or two hits with the frame (!!) are both a fault whether it is one stroke or not.

I suspect the reason you could not find a recommendation to officials is that it is seen to be unambiguous now.
    No, but more accurate would have been

"hitting the shuttle more than once can be legal if it is done in 1 stroke."
    The quote of the Law was to illustrate the circumstances in which it was legal

(I used touching as yy_ling implied, with the racquet, not with person or clothing)

Was it ambiguous before? (apart from being spread over 2 different sections)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know why you are reading aout hitting the bird twice. that does not happen. The best description from above is sort of is from Hagane. He/She seem to understand best. I guess it's illegal..oh well thanks for the help and rules digging people!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HITTING TWICE HAPPENS

a mishit on the wing of the bird with the center of the rackethead cause it to tumble instead of moving forward, it will continue to impact the racket head as the stroke follows through until the head of the birdy is hit. This is just another way of describing what Hagane was saying but hitting multiple times does happen if you want to view the bird "caught in the racket" as "continuously being hit" by the racket

try it at home, the bird will not go anywhere unless you hit directly at the head of the bird or "carry" it
    Last edited by TonyWdq; 03-02-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyWdq
    HITTING TWICE HAPPENS

a mishit on the wing of the bird with the center of the rackethead cause it to tumble instead of moving forward, it will continue to impact the racket head as the stroke follows through until the head of the birdy is hit. This is just another way of describing what Hagane was saying but hitting multiple times does happen if you want to view the bird "caught in the racket" as "continuously being hit" by the racket

try it at home, the bird will not go anywhere unless you hit directly at the head of the bird or "carry" it
    I apologize. I understand hitting twice can happen. However it what i was describing, there is no double hit. Sorr.y

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3