Stringing a Muscle power 99

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Madcat723, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Madcat723

Madcat723 Regular Member

Hey, I'm about to get a Musclepower 99 and I'm not sure how to string it. I have my own machine at home. I want an overall of 21lbs on the racquet, so what tension should my main and cross be? Since i heard like main should be less that cross. Im just confused there....:p

Thank if you respond.

2. Madcat723

Madcat723 Regular Member

I also have another problem, I dont know where to place my my bottom or top supports. I have a 6 support stringing machine (electric motor powered).
    I don't want to break my racquet by placing it in the wrong spots.. SO can you please help me

Thank you.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Sounds like that you are fairly new to the string process. Better take some demo runs on cheap rackets and junk strings, before the real job. It's very risky to start blindly on the expensive racket, as you have a good chance to make a mistake, or even damage it. :cool:

4. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent Regular Member

Student
    stringing an mp99 is about the same as stringing any other badminton racket. try doing a racket using the yonex stringing pattern.

5. Madcat723

Madcat723 Regular Member

I know how to string racuqets and i knwo the pattern. The problem is im not sure what to put the tesion for cross and main to get an overall tension of 21lbs.

And I'm not sure where to put the supports since i dont wana ruin this racuqet. I have strung many racquet and they all turned out fine. a month later that racket broke...

PLease help

6. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent Regular Member

Student