3U and 2U weights

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Peter, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Peter

Peter Guest

Question, do 3U and 2U versions of the same rackets have the same weight distribution?

They should, otherwise, you're really getting a different racket. I'm thinking about the Ti-10s I've seen. The 3U seem to be not only lighter, but seem to have all the weight taken out of the head, so the racket is not only lighter, but feels completely different to play with.

Why don't they just make them the same weight distribution but lighter overall?

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    A light racquet can of course never feel the same as a heavy one, and vice versa. My guess (although I haven't verified this) is that they try to achieve the same balance point in the racquet between the 2U and 3U versions.

3. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Mag is right. 2U and 3U racquets always have different feel. While the manufacturer should try to maintain the same balance point, as you experienced - there is still substantial difference (the weight of the grip may have some impact as it contribute more to the overall weight for a lighter racquet).

As you said, 2U and 3U version of the same racquet are quite different (I've tried Ti-10 and MP100 myself).