Any racket comparable to YY Tactic 8500?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by farue, Mar 1, 2007.

1. farue

farue Regular Member

Executive
    Hello,

I'm newbie in this forum but always lurking in the background. Can any of u guys give some advise? I want to find a racket similar character to my Yang Yang Tactic 8500. Its an old model, no more selling in stores. I've check at Pertama KL, in JB and my hometown Batu Pahat also dont have.

My T8500 strung with Ashaway Micropower at 25lbs, i just luv the feeling it hit the shuttle. I also have Yonex Carbonex 8100Light, very light racket strung with Microlegend at 18lbs, nice feel but lack power. The latest buy is YY NanoSensation 110. Stiff shaft with titanium strung with Yonex BG66 @ 25lbs (Yang Yang like to show off their Kevlar or Titanium at their frame/shaft :)). More power, feel not as great as T8500, judder a bit when hard driving, less manouvarable than T8500. Head feel lighter than T8500 (the nano stuff must be powderful:p)

Can u guys help me? At Etakoh Pertama i can see lotsa brand, but i narrow down to Carlton Nanopower 9900, RSL Laser 6900, Ashaway racket(lotsa them!). ProAce, Apacs and Fleet they also got, but i'm not keen on them. Any suggestion is appreciated.

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    http://www.yangyang-rg.com/yangyang/web/tactic5.aspx

Hmm... I still see the 8500 & 9000 listed on Yang Yang's website, and its not listed as discontinued.
    You may wish to email the company to find out if there's any other local distributors near you, if you want the same racquet still...
    Otherwise, I dont have much suggestion to offer you, other than to see if you can try out the equipment before you purchase...

I know we have a lot of Malay players here, who might be able to help out, or meet up with you to show you some of their equipment.

Regardless, the tactic's were nice racquets...
    Best of luck to you in your search :)

3. farue

farue Regular Member

Executive
    Thanks alot. I will email to them but in the same time try not to be hopeful. Heard that Yang Yang 2007 model will come out soon, is it true? The tauke at Etakoh tell me about that and try to sell me YY Woven Ti-9.0. Stock clearance he says, before the new model arrived. But i find it quite heavy so not intersted.

4. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

hi farue,

i played with a friend about a year back, he liked YY tactic 8500 as well but he has shopped around in PJ and Klang and he has been told that it is obsolete. so i dont think there are any lying around. Good luck in your search :)

kikks9

5. green.blood

green.blood Regular Member

Feather basher
    Hi guys,

Just bought myself a new Tactic 8500 three weeks ago... hard to find though.... anyway I'm enjoying it very much... what people say about it's feel and control is very true...