Correct Grip

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by xfxdeep, Mar 1, 2007.

1. xfxdeep

xfxdeep New Member

software Engineer
    Hello every one,
    As everybody know there are two standard ways to hold a racquet
    fore and backhand grip.But,
    Is it possible to change the grip is real game?

I use forehand grip and i could able to clear most of shots with backhand (except in awkward positions).

Is backgrip is better than forehand?

Also,If you have any techniques/suggestions in wrist,game e.t.c
    please reply

2. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    Yes it is quite possible to change your grip during a game. Their are actually more then just two grips such as the universal grip, the pass body grip, the pan handle. The backhand grip allows you to have more precision and power with you backhand, which allows you to drop, crosscourt drive, clear etc. with you backhand. I'm currently going through the proces of learning to change grips while playing and I have to say the best thing to do is play. Learn the grips and while you are playing, working on using them. When you are rallying pratice changeing grips, heck I practice changing grips sometimes while i'm reading for class.

3. Adone

Adone Regular Member

Student
    well backhand grip gives you more power for a backhand swing, which utilizes your thumb for power, while a forehand grip is more effective when it uses the forefinger for power.

I don't have a problem switching from backhand to forehand most of the time in a real game. It just happens naturally I guess when I see what shot is coming and how im going to return it.

Also some tips to get more power and better overall game is not to hold your racquet too tightly but a little loose. That way you get more power and better shot variation.

4. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    not only it's possible to change your grips in a game, but it's a MUST AND 99.99 PERCENT POSSIBLE. The 0.01 percent is when you have to guess a half court smash.
    How to change??
    1. Hold the racket in forehand grip and hold it loosely but not too loose until u feel like your racket is fallin.
    2. In general, for making the shots at the forehand side, tighten your grip and go for it.
    3. In general, for making the shots at the backhand side, CHANGE to the backhand grip, tighten your grip, and go for it.
    It's best if you can tighten your grip at the moment of impact.

After enough practice, you should be able to change to backhand grip in an instant so that your smash defence would be just impenetrable.

5. drop_n_net

drop_n_net Regular Member

Student
    with enough practice, changing grips becomes part of the stroke, usually at the beginning.

6. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

changing grips practice can be done anywhere, not necessary on court