Experience with Eagnas

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by HappyTA5, Mar 2, 2007.

1. HappyTA5

HappyTA5 Regular Member

Hi folks,

This is my experience with Eagnas. I'm not talking about the quality of the machine. It's the way they treat customer that really surprise me ... Here is the back and fore e-mails with them. I bought a Hawk26e and ask them to replace all the tools for badminton. Some lady send me e-mail told me they will and send the machine to me..... BUT when I recieved the machine. I have 1 badminton clamp and 1 Tennis clamp. So.. they just replace 1 of them.... so here we go..

============================================
    Wow.. this is a very good reply...
    Don't even want to answer my question .. .Where is my badminton clamp...?
    OK .. big deal ... just buy the clamp from some other place then ...
    Thanks you..
    -----Original Message-----
    mailto:maxline@eagnas.com]
    Sent: March 2, 2007 2:40 PM
    To: HappyTA5
    Subject: RE: Order Update
    Dear Sir:
    Thanks for your e-mail.
    If you want to put the bad review, please do so.
    If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to
    contact us.
    Sincerely,
    Michele
    Maxline
    At 10:41 AM 3/2/2007 -0500, you wrote:
    >Hi there,
    >
    >I stated in my order... All tools have to be replaced for badminton racket.
    >YOU replace ONE of flying clamp. So I have 1 tennis clamp and 1
    >badminton clamp. It is nothing wrong with the clamp. The only problem
    >is your staff DID not follow the order. IF YOU PAID for the shipping, I
    >don't mind to ship it back. I hope you can ship me the badminton clamp ASAP without any charge.
    >I read bad comment on the forum about your company. If that's the way
    >you treat customer, then thank you very much. You won't hear from me
    >anymore and you have another bad review on those forums... May be you don't even care.
    >
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    >-----Original Message-----
    >From: Maxline [
    >Sent: March 2, 2007 6:19 AM
    >To: HappyTA5
    >Subject: RE: Order Update
    >
    > Dear Sir:
    >
    > Thanks for your e-mail.
    >
    > If the clamp is not right, please send it back to us for exchange.
    >
    > If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to
    > contact us.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Michele
    > Maxline
    >At 11:58 AM 3/1/2007 -0500, you wrote:
    >>Received the machine today....
    >>
    >>But the problem is there are 2 flying clamps included with the
    >>machine. You just replace 1 badminton clamp for me. So right now I
    >>have 1 badminton racket flying clamp and 1 tennis racket clamp. What
    >>should I do now. I
    >guess
    >>you have to send me another badminton racket flying clamp for free
    >>then
    >>
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>-----Original Message-----
    >>From: Maxline [
    >>Sent: February 20, 2007 6:24 AM
    >>To: HappyTA5
    >>Subject: Order Update
    >>
    >>
    >>Maxline Eagnas
    >>------------------------------------------------------
    >>Order Number: 302
    >>Detailed Invoice:
    >>

>>
    >0
    >>2
    >>Date Ordered: Sunday 18 February, 2007
    >>
    >>The comments for your order are
    >>
    >>We could exchange the tools for you. But the string is Perfect Spin string.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>Your order has been updated to the following status.
    >>
    >>New status: Processing
    >>
    >>Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    >

2. TonyWdq

TonyWdq Regular Member

Software
    wow they have robots answering emails?

3. HappyTA5

HappyTA5 Regular Member

Right ....

Even there is no sorry for the mistake ...

Seems I create all the trouble .. .. My bad...

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    lol...
    No wonder they are bashing their competition, and the competition is bashing them back on their websites....
    http://sptennis.com/Knockoffs/

sorry to hear you had to go through this experience though :(

5. cards_pro

cards_pro Regular Member

The same thing happened to me. (Well, not exactly the same)

I ordered a starting clamp, but they sent me a tennis flying clamp instead.
    And they shipped the starting clamp right away and also let me keep the tennis flying clamp. But the courier they are using charged me $15CAD brokerage fee, I filed a complain about this. So, they refunded me $15US. No question asked.

Oh.. Did I mention that I order from ATSSPORTS? ha ha. :D:D

Man, I feel sorry for you. If you need a badminton flying clamp to try out your machine, I could bring one in next Wed. Just let me know!

6. HappyTA5

HappyTA5 Regular Member

Tks cards_pro,

But want to get it go this wk end. My kid waiting for me to string his new racket and I want to get my Storm Pro done so I can play tomorrow... Anybody in Toronto area has a flying clamp for sale .....????

7. cards_pro

cards_pro Regular Member

8. HappyTA5

HappyTA5 Regular Member

Oh.. they do have it in stock but they are in down town. Humm.. may be I pick them up on Sun.

Tks

9. Badmanturn

Badmanturn New Member

self
    Hi all,
    I recently had a bad experience with Eagnas too. I simply asked them for an owner's manual because the new machine didn't come with one. In return i was shocked to hear she called an idiot. May be they don't like to deal with us Canadian or they co. can't affored to ship something uphere. So i sent her a very nasty email ( uncensored email upon on request ). Here is the back and fore email.

>To:
    >Subject: Re: Owner's Manual
    >Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:12:01 -0400
    >
    > Dear Sir:
    >
    > If you are not our customer, how can we service you. You are
    > idiot. If you did not purchase from us and ask the service,
    > how we will service you? By your standard, we shall mail all the
    > manual to everyone arounf the world. Is that right?
    >
    > By the same standard, Please send all your belonging to us.
    > Your pictures and all your family items shall mail to us.
    > You shall pay all the postage for shipping these items to us.
    >
    > If you do not send these items to us your service is very bad.
    > I will tell everyone that "Steve ....."'s service is very bad.
    >
    > If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to
    > contact us.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Michele
    > Maxline
    >At 05:53 PM 3/16/2007 -0600, you wrote:
    Hi,
    Sorry we had lost the invoice.
    The machine might have been purchased under my son's name " Darren .... ".
    Before we boughted the Eagnas machine, we had heard good things about the machine and bad things about the service after. Now i know why, all i'm asking for is an owner's manual. ( Each new machine should come with one ).
    > >Thanks.
    > >
    > >
    > >>From: Maxline <maxline@eagnas.com>
    > >>To:
    > >>Subject: Re: Owner's Manual
    > >>Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 04:36:35 -0400
    > >>
    > >> Dear Sir:
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for your e-mail.
    > >>
    > >> We just could not locate your name on our data base. Please let
    > >> us know your invoice number.
    > >>
    > >> If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to
    > >> contact us.
    > >>
    > >> Sincerely,
    > >>
    > >> Michele
    > >> Maxline
    > >>At 06:34 AM 3/14/2007 -0700, you wrote:
    > >> >Hello,
    > >> >I've bought the machine online back in December 2006.The tension on the seen to be off, so i need an owner's manual to help adjusting it.
    > >> >Thank you.
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> >>From: Maxline <maxline@eagnas.com>
    > >> >>To:
    > >> >>Subject: Re: Owner's Manual
    > >> >>Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:51:49 -0400
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Dear Sir:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Thanks for your e-mail.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Please let us know when did you purchase this machine?
    > >> >>
    > >> >> If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to
    > >> >> contact us.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Sincerely,
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Michele
    > >> >> Maxline
    > >> >>At 01:42 PM 3/13/2007 -0700, you wrote:
    > >> >> >Hello,
    > >> >> >I've recently bought an Eagnas Flex 722E stringing machine with LED display panel but it didn't come with an owner's manual. Please send one out to me asap or the internet link to download one.
    > >> >> >Thank you

10. HappyTA5

HappyTA5 Regular Member

I will never go back to Eagnas again. Their machine seems OK.. . But the price is just cheap. Their manual is like photocopy paper. Nothing special.. I forget where I put it too......

All the ladies there so ... so.... rude.

The fact is If I have a Eagnas machine. That mean I'm you customer no matter where I bought it Except there is another guy manufacturing them. They can just mail the user manual for $2.00 and keep a customer.. and they don't want to do that ...!!!!

Myself .. I just went out to buy 2 flying clamps ... I don't even want to use theirs...... ..

Don't know who is IDOT............

Cheers

11. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    I originally wanted to get a machine from them. However I was more interested in the ones offered by the Lily Lee website. I also inquired if it was possible to do a customization if they didn't offer those machines. I got very fed up with the way they handled me as a customer and there was no way I was going to make a big investment with them.

I did order a set of tools which were of decent quality. The flying clamps, (not the ones like the Hi-Qua's, the one's similar to Klippermate's) are of decent quality although they marked the string at first. I had to run a few pieces of alchohol wipes through them to solve that. They'll take your money. They'll give you what you want if its standard precedure for them. Don't expect any extras, that's all.

12. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

well, guess you get what you pay for, which unfortunately often extends to service as well...

I bought from them too ST250... They did respond each time I emailed, but had some problem getting my answers. eg. i ask 3 questions, but they only answer 1 question each time. Also, was told that ALL badminton models was in stock, however when i asked for ST250, they said that was out of stock and said it'd be 2 weeks before they get more stock but actually took 4 weeks. Said my credit card will not be charged until machine is shipped, but was charged right after i order, despite machine not shipped till 1 month later.

also my package was missing the string mover, but guess I was fortunate that they actually mailed it to me without any hassels.

13. HappyTA5

HappyTA5 Regular Member

One of the lucky customer I heard..... Good for you. At least they mail you the string mover. She must be in good mood that day.

hahahahha

14. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

visit to maxline experience critique

i figure id exercise my customer rights of voicing my opinion and explain my experience at maxline for the benefit of everyone else here. im going to try and be as objective in this review/critique as possible, but its simply going to reiterate everything we already know...

appearances
    I recently went to the maxline warehouse (18116 S. Hobart Blvd.
    Gardena, California 90248), which i guess is the eagnas distributer in the US and first off that place was a dump. I thought about snapping a camera pic but couldnt get away from the woman long enough. I know some warehouses get messy but that place was beyond messy. When you walk in you're in a caged off area from the rest of the warehouse. Towards the back/ left side there were maybe a couple hundred boxes stacked on top of each other of what appeared to be sealed machines. On the right was an office and between the office and the boxes was a little path so you can get to the rear of the warehouse. Towards the front left and right in front of the sealed boxes and office there were numerous open boxes of machines, tensioners, strings and a bunch of other stuff i wasnt familiar with. And lastly closest to the front/door way there were numerous machine parts laying around, from electronic tensioners to drop weight tensioners to full upright (and of course incomplete) stringing machines.

the interaction

Im not sure who she was but it seemed she had no or very little idea of their products other than they were badminton/tennis stringing machines/tools. Not only that but as soon as i walk in, some little kid who appeared to be about 12 comes up to the front and crosses his arms and stares at me like he's a bouncer or something. Ok now im not huge or anything but c'mon kid youre half my age and this woman is prob twice my age...if i really wanted to steal something, there'd be nothing stopping me. So, regardless of this wannabe body guard she asks me in a thick chinese accent what i want, or what you want, something along those lines. I told her i called earlier (which i did) about badminton flying clamps, and she says she forgot or doesnt know, and wants the model number. I dont know the model number so she shows me a list, i figure out the number only because i knew the price i should be paying. As soon as i tell her which one the little kid runs to the back through the isle of boxes and comes out a min later with 2 of the clamps i want. WONDERFUL i think they can actually find crap in here. I was pretty happy with this, i came for clamps, and hey i got them :). After that she tells me their computer is down and asks if i can fix it :confused: i turn it on and it shows windows ME boot screen, i chuckle to myself and tell her its old. Im not pro with computers or anything but i have a feeling that machine was jacked up= simply wouldnt boot normal or safe mode to say the least. She took me into the office and rang me up on that computer. In the office i saw some yonex knock off strings so i buy a set cause i figure i can use them to learn on and test if they're good (which they prob arent)

The overall experience was fair, i came and got what i asked for, but it was really uncomfortable in there.

other notes
    this woman, who i recall over said over the phone to some one else said "michele does the emails" so im assuming shes not michele, then again i cant tell.

theres no house or work phone from what i can tell, she kept answering her cell phones for business calls.

fyi 'her' number is 310-523-4641

annecdote
    she was on the phone when i walked in so i had to wait a moment but i couldnt help but listen to their conversation as well as the other ones she has when her cell goes off. Here is all you need to know about how their conversation goes:
    maxline, how can i help you?
    Oh, your machine broke? Ok, good buy a new one!

I was appalled to hear this. Terrible customer service. None the less she has maybe half a dozen more complaint calls while im there. I wonder if its some sort of company joke that she receives all the calls about complaints when shes "warehouse manager"

ending thoughts

Very weird experience and maybe ill do business with them but i'd never mail order anything. If you have machine problems i found it better that people who called and said something was broken got crapped on and lousy customer service but people who called saying they were missing parts got decent customer service. You figure out what to do...

and lastly my gf was with me at the time in their cage 'waiting area' and she summed it up best when we walked out... "what just happened in there?"

silentheart likes this.
  15. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) the warehouse is in a not so good area of gardena. good security is needed.
    2) i like their warehouse retrieval system.
    3) i usually just speak chinese with them. however, i only spoke to vicor before.

thank you for the good under cover report.