fake nanospeed 9000 vs another racket

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by nantah1, Mar 4, 2007.

1. nantah1

nantah1 Regular Member

Well, it seems like I've purchased a fake Nanospeed 9000 off of ebay. My question is, how is the performance of a fake compared to the real thing usually? well, I guess its probably worse

But, how does the performance of a fake compare to another racket which would be similarly priced? (£45)

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Most likely its worse to similar priced alternatives. why should they bother with anything else than cosmetics?? That would lower their profits..

/Twobeer

3. nantah1

nantah1 Regular Member

hmmm true.... but then again, the fact that they have to make it very similar visually means it probably shares some of the same characteristics as the real thing? has anyone tried one of the fakes in a game?

4. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

As Twobeer already said, it must not share the same characterstics because someone who bought a fake and is unaware of this never will know how the real thing plays.
    If you like the fake 9000 then it is okay to play with it. But from most cases I ve heard is that the fake rackets in most cases are very different from its original.

5. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    hehe so ur saying if it says Elastic Ti on the side that maybe the fakers put elastic Ti to waste their profit? for some reason that dosent sound right, whats the cheapest metal?

6. nantah1

nantah1 Regular Member

True. I haven't yet played with the racket and won't be able to before the window for returning it finishes. So I want to know if it's a good idea to keep it and use it instead of a genuine racket priced similarly.

7. nantah1

nantah1 Regular Member

OK, if I try and return this one and get an Apacs one instead, that also claims to use elastic Ti. Is it likely to really use it?

so, if I had a choice between an Apacs nanospeed 9000 and say a MP 44, which one is better?

#7 nantah1, Mar 4, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  8. J.u.s.t.i.c.e

J.u.s.t.i.c.e Regular Member

dun think the apacs one will have elastic TI. in the case of the strip of titanium mesh composite found in the titanum series.. the other brands which cloned the titanum series mostly did not use a titanum mesh composite.. they merely used a paint job and made the racket look as if it had titanum in it.. there's a reason wy yonex rackets are priced so high. Other companies do not have the technology or the equipment to implement such technologies yonex uses and can only 'con' the consumers tt they have wat yonex have at a much lower price. which is not true. I have personally used apacs rackets they feel kinda hollow compared to the real thing. but wat we have to consider is whether tt investment in a genuine racket would make tt much difference in our game..

9. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    I have played with a fake (NS 9000X) my friend bought it off Ebay and oh boy was it poor, my old Yonex Isometric MF which cost me £20 was a much nicer racquet to play with. For £45 you can get yourself a very good racquet, I picked up an Amortec 500 for £55. Look at the Carlton Powerblade Carbon TT which you can pick up for £40 or the Carlton Powerblade Superlite at £53. Both are very nice racquet's and can be strung up to 28lbs. For the money you will be hard pushed to do better. Here is the link happy shopping.

www.directsportseshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1545eae2bdc9ec8/shopdata/0010_Rackets/0180_Badminton_Carlton/products.shopscript

Give me a shout if you need any help.

10. nantah1

nantah1 Regular Member

OK, so that's sorted. I wanna return it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get a return sorted with the guy on ebay? everspring_sports. Do people generally have an easy time getting returns on this kind of thing? Is it possible?

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    You should be entitled to a refund since that kind of deal ws not legal to begin with since it was not a genuine item.

Report to Ebay and or PayPal to claim this.

12. nantah1

nantah1 Regular Member

Thanks.

Do I have to return the item itself or can I just get the refund? Returning the item will be a great hassle as the dealer is in another country.

Do I need to get Yonex to confirm that it's fake or will ebay do it anyway? And how can I get yonex to confirm it?

#12 nantah1, Mar 4, 2007
  13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    For returnign the item, you should talk to the seller about that. If saids you can return the item, get him to pay for it.

Contact Ebay and setup the claim, I don't think you would need Yonex to back up. You could do it if you wish - by contacting Yonex Japan with the serial/date information.

14. nantah1

nantah1 Regular Member

Thank you matt.

One final question, is there any time limit on how long I can take before approaching ebay on the matter?

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Nope, up to you but if you want to make them respond right away, I guess you can file one with Ebay right now if you wish.

16. nantah1

nantah1 Regular Member

Thanks. The fact that he sent me the wrong string I'm hoping will also help (he said yonex bg-65 but sent me an apacs ti 0.70mm spider), although we only agreed about the string through email. I'll try to keep posting what happens on this website so that anyone who wants to help me out can do so.

I sent him an email earlier saying that the serial number and date code don't match, and that the yonex hologram was missing, and asked him where he got the racket from. He responded by saying the rackets were imported from China and asked me if i meant the sticker.

I then replied earlier today by saying the rackets were fake and that I'd like a refund, but there has been no response yet although I think this is probably because of time zone differences.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    £45 is expensive for a fake.
    how a fake play? no one know since they are very inconsistent.
    hopefully u get good fake shots out of it:D

18. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    theirs a reason why yy rackets are more expensive, and pay close attention whoever started this thread, yy rackets are more expensive because they actually put the material they are claiming in the racket, so yah they put titanium in the sides of my ns9k, it made it expensive but that dosent mean the claimes by yonex are true like 5%more power 30% more durability blablabla but they wouldnt put it in their racket if it didn't make some diffrence, so now all the copy-cat brands use low grade materials and/or dont even put in "elastic ti" or w/e u wana call it, just to make a profit, obcourse im not saying yonex isent making a profit, there the monopoly on the badminton market, anyways, now im getting into quality, and ur better off getting a yonex then any other brand of racket of the same price, wow thats very confusing i hope u all understand what im talking about,

19. nantah1

nantah1 Regular Member

I received a reply

"Hi, I've told you in the early mail, the racket are are not Yonex product but manufacture in CHina, I dont do refund.USD 65.00 you can't get it anyway around the world.

Edwin"

:s. He admits its fake?

20. nantah1

nantah1 Regular Member

My reply:

Hello Edwin,

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad you agree that the racket is not manufactured by Yonex but, as you say, by a third party manufacturer in China. However, the issue is that nowhere in the product listing did you mention that the racket is not a genuine yonex racket.

The title of the eBay auction under which I purchased the racket was "Yonex NanoSpeed 9000 Badminton Racket." The pictures of the racket you provided displayed the Yonex logo and your comments in the product description indicated that the racket was supposed to be authentic, by virtue of the presence of an engraved serial number. "Laser serial number engraved , SP version." There was nothing to even hint that the racket had not been produced by Yonex. Hence, the listing misrepresented the item by implying that the racket was genuine and you have admitted that it isn't. I chose to purchase a genuine Yonex NanoSpeed 9000 racket from you for $95 USD. If I was aware that the racket was not a genuine Yonex, I would not have bought it from you.

As the item you supplied me is not the item described in the eBay listing, I am entitled to a full refund which I hope you will give me.

In addition to this, the fact that you strung the racket with APACs string when we clearly agreed through email correspondence that the racket would be strung with Yonex BG-65 string is another issue I have with the item you delivered me. Although I was prepared to turn a blind eye to this before, you did tell me that the item you were sending me was strung with genuine Yonex string, but the item that arrived was branded with APACs string. I paid for the genuine Yonex string and am entitled to a refund on these grounds.

Now of course I don't want to give you negative reputation on eBay, and I don't want to do anything which might harm your business on eBay. I'm hoping we can resolve this through a refund, and we can leave this behind us. However, I am prepared to take this matter further if a refund is not offered.

Yours sincerely,

halfdocstill

#20 nantah1, Mar 4, 2007