where to buy a good racket ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by arnott, Nov 18, 2001.

1. arnott

arnott Guest

hi all,
    i have never bought a badminton racket online. from which site should i buy them ? which site gives the best price ? ( am in USA)

which brand is good ? is any brand better than or good as Yonex. i do not know a lot about rackets.

thanks
    arnott

2. Josh

Josh Guest

I would suggest getting a racquet online at www.badmintonwarehouse.com. They have very good American prices. As for what brand to get besides Yonex, I would suggest Black Knight. They make very good quality racquets while being considerably lightweight. Right now, Badminton Warehouse carries only 2 Black Knight models, the Sabre Pro and the ES-90 Pro. Get the ES-90 Pro. Now don't be fooled by the cheap prices. The racquets are NOT cheap racquets. It's just that Black Knight sells their racquets for cheap so don't think that they are bad racquets just because they are at low price!! If you want to look at other Black Knight racquets, go to www.blackknight.ca.

3. VH

VH Guest

Hi arnott,

I bought my Yonex online from www.badmintonpage.com (TI swingpower)
    They only sell yonex, and I believe all the rackets are SP serial numbers.
    I had really great service from them, ( eg. all e-mails were answered promptly )
    and they ship all over the world. They are based out of Edmonton, Alberta.

4. Kenny

Kenny Guest

I've also bought two Yonex Ti-10's from www.badmintonpage.com and I totally agree with VH about their good service and excellent prices. Be prepared to wait over a week for the delivery!

5. David

David Guest

Same here. I bought a racquet from Quebec and they shipped from Toronto. I got it in about a week. I think they have multiple locations and it depends where their orders are from.

6. Josh

Josh Guest

But badmintonpage.com is in canadian $$$ unless arnott doesn't care.

7. arnott

arnott Guest

thanks for the responses.

i am looking for a Racquet in the range of : $40-$50.

will let u know which one i buy.

8. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Arnott, you can't buy much of a racquet for that price, unless you are lucky enough to find a closeout on an old model or you buy one used. If you are a beginner and don't think you will likely get too obsessed with the sport, you could try a Yonex Carbonex 8200/8300/8400 (same racquet, different years), a Pro-Kennex or maybe an old Prince racquet. You can get these models on sale for your price range at Asby and at San Diego Badminton Supply - look on the www.badmintoncentral.com home page under Equipment Retailers. Stay away from the Yonex Iso 60 Light -it fits your price range but is junk.

Another option, one that I have actually been considering because it seems to be a good deal, is the Hi-Qua 500 racquet, which is currently on clearance from the manufacturer's site for $48, including a nice six racquet bag. www.hiqua.com

Out of these racquets the Prince Axis 70 and the HiQua will probably take you further than the others as you advance in skills. However, if you are serious about the sport, you may want to rethink your budget, if possible. You might save money in the long run by buying a racquet in the $80-120 range that you won't outgrow, skills-wise at least. However, before you decide to buy a better quality racquet, you will need to figure out what sort of player you are and what features you are looking for in a racquet. Talk with some of the more experienced players in your league for advice and ask to try out some of their racquets. Yonex is the biggest racquet manufacturer, but isn't necessarily the best. Other companies make good racquets also and a great deal of the racquet selection process comes down to individual preferences. For more advice, you will need to post more information about your playing style, strengths, weaknesses, current racquet, etc....

Good luck.

9. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Hq 500 is 89USD

That is what the site says buddy. It does not say that there is a sale!

10. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Hq 500 is on sale for $48 as of 11/26

I think Hi-Qua has several sites and I listed the wrong one. Yogi, you are correct that the plain old hiqua.com site does not have the sales price, but check out the following link:

<http://www.hiquasports.com/badminton/hq500.htm>