Is there an International Amateur Tournament in Taiwan end of April 2007?

Discussion in '2007 Tournaments' started by Marcustzy, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Marcustzy

Marcustzy Regular Member

I heard from my friends that there is going to be a major amateur competition in Taiwan end of April, somewhere on 22nd. Is that true? I can't read Chinese so I really can't search the Taiwanese internet sites published in Chinese.

Anybody knows about this competition? I would greatly appreciate if someone can share the information if there really is such event.

Thanks in advance! :)

2. mettayogi

mettayogi Regular Member

Announcement of the

3rd World Senior Badminton Championships 2007

We are very pleased to announce that the 3rd World Senior Badminton Championships will be held in Taipei from April 24th to 29th 2007.
    To make sure all the participants will enjoy the world class hospitality (hotel, food services, shopping etc.). Sunworld Dynasty Hotel Taipei is assigned as the official hotel of the tournament which is located in the central area of Taipei city, taking only five minutes walk to the Event venue and one minute away from major shopping and entertainment area.
    Sunworld Dynasty Hotel Taipei offers the Host Organizing Committee most favorable rates for the 3rd World Senior Badminton Championships as follow[FONT=&#26032]:[/FONT]
    Single room[FONT=&#26032]:[/FONT]USD103/per day per room (with one complimentary breakfast).
    Double or Twin room[FONT=&#26032]:[/FONT]USD115/per day per room (with two complimentary breakfasts).

Due to the peak touring season and major exhibitions to be held in Taipei at that time frame, all participants are requested to pay USD350.00 (Non-Refundable) in advance before March 01, 2007 to reserve the accommodations, and to pay for the rest of your accommodation upon your arrival after April 23, 2007, this amount covers a hotel deposit of US$300.00 and your entry fee of US$50.00.
    The deposit and entry fee, totaling USD350.00, can be paid to either of the following options:

1.Credit card: Pay to Fantasy Travel Service Co., LTD., please fill the attached payment form, and
    fax it back at Fax[FONT=&#26032]:[/FONT]886-2-2504 5380
    2.By T/T to Taiwan Senior Badminton Association
    [FONT=&quot]Bank name [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Shanghai Commercial & Savings Bank Ltd Min
    Sheng Branch[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bank Address [/FONT][FONT=&quot]203, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fu Hsing North Road[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Taipei[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Taiwan[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Republic Of
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]China[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Swift Code [/FONT][FONT=&#27161]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]SCSBTWTP019[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Account Number [/FONT][FONT=&#27161]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]19-10100-0016426[/FONT]
    Account Name [FONT=&#27161]:[/FONT]Taiwan Senior Badminton Association

The welcome party will be held at 19:00April 23, 2007 in the International Ballroom at the second floor of the official hotel. All participants are requested to arrive in Taipei before 17:00April 23, 2007. Transportation services from/to Airport will be provided, please advice your flight information in good advance in order to arrange everything smoothly on your arrival. We are looking forward to seeing you soon in Taipei.

Best Regards,

Jun–Yan Wu
    Vice-President of Chinese Taipei Badminton Association
    November 2, 2006

3. Marcustzy

Marcustzy Regular Member

What are the age categories available?