Ti-7 or MP55

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Smurf, Nov 18, 2001.

1. Smurf

Smurf Guest

I need help in deciding what racquet to get.

I have been using Pro Kennex Keron 1500 for quite a few years and this year I have started using a Yonex Ti-3 with BG-80 strings and quite like it.

I am thinking of getting a better racquet and it is a toss up between Ti-7 or MP55. My style of play has been defensive when using the keron 1500 as I feel these are head light raquets. Using the Ti-3 I have found that my smashes are improving. Which racket would be a improvement on the Ti-3?

Smurf

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

For a start where do u still get the Keron 1500! I have been searching this racket for a hell a lot of yrs.

As to whether which is better i would def say MP 77 is probably the second best Singles racket arnd.

But then i think for ur style of play u might like the Ti 7 a lot!

3. Smurf

Smurf Guest

Hi Yogesh

I have had my Kerons for about 13 years!! One is finally dying with a crack along the gromet line and the other one is still playable. This has prompted me to look fo another racquet.

I was asking about the MP55 not 77. I would have to purchase these overseas as they are not available in New Zealand.

Smurf

4. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    I actually agree with Yogesh. Get the mp77, it's better than the other 2. But if you must pick one of the two, i say the Ti-7, because i remember it beign quite headlight.

If u go the the site below, you can get rackets for rather cheap. And another plus..... the MP77 is cheaper than the Ti-7...... it's like on sale or something. Attack it while you can!!!

http://www.advancedrackets.com/main.html (British Site)

5. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I had my Keron 1500 for 12! That is why i asked u. are they still available anywhere near ur place.

I think Mp 55 is a better choice. I guess it as as costly or cheaper than Ti 7

6. yoolose

yoolose Guest

i think ti-7 is better than mp55
    somehow u should buy mp77
    it'll be really better than mp55 4 sure
    my friend's ti7 has just broken when he use it for 1 mount only!!!..

7. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I think the MP77 is about the best racket u can get now. Well, actually its on par with the Ti-10.

However, out of the Ti-7 and MP55, i would say the MP55 is just that little bit better. The sweetspot is bigger. The feel, is better and also, i personally find that the MP55 is more powerful. However, the Ti-7 is also a good choice if the prices are very different.

8. Tuan

Tuan Guest

Go with the Ti-7, It's a (somewhat) headlight racquet with a lot of power and you can still do all those agile drops, and short shots with consistency..

9. S Hadi

S Hadi Guest

Hi guys,

I don't think MP 77 is cheaper Ti-7. I found two different webs with different prices.
    Just check it out and compare (although in different currencies)

http://www.ishop.co.uk/ishop/677/shopscr710.html
    http://www.midwest-sports.com/midwestsports/midwestsports.nsf/Public/badyonex

10. LL

LL Guest

The MP77 is cheaper than the TI7 here in Canada.

LL

11. Smurf

Smurf Guest

Thanks for the help!!!

I have ordered myself a MP77 from advancedrackets.com

Smurf