New BC member here

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Saeth, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Saeth

Saeth New Member

Bookkeeper
    Hello everyone,

My name is Marcel and I live in The Netherlands. I recently picked up playing badminton again after a 15 year break. :eek: I only played for a year when I was 14 years old, but then I decided to try different sports like martial arts, tennis and for the last 5 years I have been playing pool. Since pool is more a mental game and not much of a physical one I decided to find another sport which would keep me in shape. I first thought of martial arts again but I ran into an old friend of mine who played badminton in a sportshall close by my house. So I went along with her and now I have been playing once a week on a recreational level (45 min. training included) for almost 3 months. It's going pretty well and I enjoy it a lot. I can keep up with the more experienced guys but I would really like to reach the level of the competition players. So that's why I'm here... I could really use some help with the tactical aspects so I'll be browsing this forum for a while :)

2. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    Welcome, I am quite new here myself and I am no expert but you will find quite a few people that are. Oh yeah look out for the legend that is Dinkalot his threads are always a good read.

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Welcome!

Welcome to the both of you!!

You'll find there is a wealth of information on these forums; I think we've touched on just about every aspect of the game now.
    But that does not mean, you should hesitate to ask questions :)

Lots of interesting discussions to look up as well, once you log in, there is a search function, which can help you look up just about any topic you can think of :D very handy tool.

If you dont feel like talking about badminton, there is also a chit-chat forum for off topic related items to read through as well! :)

Regardless of what you like to read, make yourselves @ home. :D

4. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    Welcome! Glad you've been bitten by the bug.

If you're looking for tips on improvement, this is the place to be, really. It helped me 300%, easily.

5. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Agreed!! Welcome to BC!

6. terry

terry Regular Member

Welcome to the forum! enjoy!

terry.

7. Saeth

Saeth New Member

Bookkeeper
    Thanx you guys! I'm sure this forum will help me a lot with improving my skills. See you around... :)