CCC Trial League Competition - Fri 23 March

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by DoublesPlease, Mar 7, 2007.

1. DoublesPlease

DoublesPlease Regular Member

Hi all,

We're going to be running a team competition night at Friday Social on the 23rd of March, it will run in parallel with the standard social using the same courts. The competition is open to anyone that wants to play.

Details

The proposal is to have three person teams competing in a round-robin draw, four teams is the target which will ensure we can complete all the games.
    All games will be doubles: rally scoring to 21, no setting. Teams will play 3 games against each of the other teams and accrue points as detailed below. The team (or teams) with the most points at the end of the night is the
    winner.

To balance the teams we will use the handicap system but in a modified form. The usual method for calculating a net handicap for the game is used to arrive at a value of 0 and 16 points. In each game the scoring starts at 0-0, the team that reaches 21 points first is awarded one point. The net handicap is then added to the score of the appropriate team to yield the handicap score for the game. If one team's handicap score is greater than the other's by 4 or more points they are awarded a bonus point.

Consider this trial a one-off for the time being, if things go well we will consider running short season (4 - 6 weeks) competitions.

So what are you waiting for?

To register your interest please reply to this thread or PM me. I would prefer that you organise your own teams, nominate a captain and post your fear inspiring team name. Chris has generously offered to award a mystery prize to the winning team, for now it will be known as the CCC Surprize.

2. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

It's a good idea to get regular people in.

For the long season, I only wish that you can get enough people for that. But let's wait for things to see.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    CCC Trial League: chris@ccc is interested

Greetings,

I am interested to participate in this league. :):):)

However, because I am already involved in so many other things for our regular CCC session, I wish not to be captain.

BTW, if we are to have 4 teams of 3 players each, in other words, only 12 players participating in this league, then the usage of our 4 courts on our 'CCC League Night' will be 2 courts for League players, and 2 for Regular Social Players.

Cheers... chris@ccc

4. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Hi DP,

I will be the first to keep the ball rolling again or is it because of the time zone difference , I am always ahead ?. And also to make sure I have a chance to play on the 6-04-2007 and 13-04-07.

To pick my team i put names (except DP - the organiser and Fuji - the injured) on pieces of paper and randomly pick them . Here are my teams for those 2 nights:-

6-04-07
    A team
    Captain Badfever
    andreg

Backup squad

Lily
    Chiranthi

and

13-04-07

A Team
    Captain smashed1
    Jason Bendigo

Backup squad
    Captain Kung
    Jack

The above names please contact me asap for detail of incentives for that night

#4 yschin, Mar 7, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  5. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

It's captain hung, my friend.

6. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Hi yschin, sure I can play in your team on 6/04/07, if the competition is still available. Make sure you bring back with you the Yonex AT900T. FYI, Chris is picking up our (Andrew, Badfever and DP) AT900T on this coming Sunday. Can't wait to play with it.

7. andrewlyw

andrewlyw Regular Member

Hi Chris & Badfever,

that's good news.. hehee. can't wait.. :D
    so we know how much it is yet?? i should prepare some $$ for chris tomorrow..

Cheers,
    Andrew

#7 andrewlyw, Mar 7, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

$220 for AT-900 Technique: For members@ccc only

Hi andrewlyw,

It's $220 for the [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]AT-900 Technique[/FONT] and it's only for members@ccc.

Rackets come without strings.

Yes, please bring your money tomorrow night, Friday 9-Mar-2007, as I am low in my cash flow.

With all moneys collected, I will pay and collect the rackets on Sunday, 11-Mar-2007.

Cheers... chris@ccc

9. andrewlyw

andrewlyw Regular Member

thanks for that Chris. I'll give you the $$ tomorrow....;)

10. DoublesPlease

Hey Yschin,

If all goes well with the trial on the 23rd March then we can organise another single night competition for April 13th. So, Captain Hung and others, what do you say about finding a fillin for the 23rd March to make Friday the 13th next month a lucky day for Yschin?

DP

11. DoublesPlease

for one night only...

Hi,

To make it clear, the trial league is for one night only on the 23rd March. As I've mentioned just above if all goes well then we can look at a second single night on the 13th April.

DP

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Who wants to participate in our CCC Trial Leaque ???

Greetings,

Your reponses are not good enough !!!. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Since DoublesPlease put up this notice/thread, I can only see 2 participants interested so far; myself and yschin(although he wants to play on 6 & 13-Apr-2007 only, which is not the subject in question).

Please have a moment of thought for our organiser, DoublesPlease. We require meaningful/solid feedback.

In this case, DoublesPlease requires a yes/no response from players@ccc. He needs names.

Although some made comments in this thread, you actually haven't submitted your commitment to participate in it. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

13. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

I am interested.

14. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Please add your name if interested!!

CCC Trial League Participants:
    1) DoublesPlease
    2) Chris@CCC
    3) yschin
    4) hkhung
    5) BadFever
    6)

15. andrewlyw

andrewlyw Regular Member

Hi all,

I like the idea of the league.. but I couldn't make it on the 23rd Mar.. girlfriend's birthday... :eek:

but i would love to participate any future ones..;)

16. DoublesPlease

No problem Andrew, I'll put you down on the future list. After last night we have 3 more people interested and currently the list is:

CCC Trial League Participants:
    1) DoublesPlease
    2) Chris@CCC
    3) hkhung
    4) BadFever
    5) Andrewghw
    6) Smashed_1
    7) Siva

I've removed Yschin from the list for the 23rd given the distance you'd have to travel unless you're going to be in the country at that time Yschin?

So 5 more to go. Fuji, good way to practice for tournaments. How about the guys from last week's friendly? And anyone else, you do not need to be a member to play. Remember, this is a one day trial only.

DP

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC Trial League Participants as at Saturday 10-Mar-2007

Hi DoublesPlease,

And kwongj is another participant, who is doubtful and yet to be confirmed...... because of his work roster.

Cheers... chris@ccc

18. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Pilot on strike for my private jet over some kind of a mother of union reforms. Only kidding about the randomly picked team. All low handicappers in my team ?

Just a slot in any team is good enough if the trial goes on for another 6 weeks. Not forgetting I am no longer a member of CCC but MCCC's member instead.

Thks

19. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Yschin, the team is so nicely typed up, for a while i thought the team is serious. I wonder whether you graduate at the same school of thought as myself

What's MCCC?

20. DoublesPlease

More information

Hi All,

As mentioned above the competition trial will be *for one night only*, if you commit to play it will be *for one night only* on the 23rd March. I would like to have the teams sorted out before next Wednesday (21st Mar) so that those interested can have a hit together that night. I have a hat here that I'll use Tuesday night (20th March) for selecting any outstanding teams.

The play is quite straightforward. Each team will play 3 games against every other team. Player 1 & Player 2 of Team A vs Player 1 & Player 2 of Team B, 1 & 3 vs 1 & 3 and 2 & 3 vs 2 & 3. Scoring as explained in the first post of this thread.

DP