klippermate

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by chrishin, Mar 8, 2007.

1. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

i'm currently considering purchasing a klippermate machine.
    for anyone who ownes it or have used it, what is the maximum tension you have acheived without the frame being deformed?

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I have their M140 machine. I like their customer service and the quality of the machine. Just a few things I want to bring it up.
    1) their clamps will slip @25lb+ so buy Yonex or HiQua clamps if you can.
    2) their posts need to tight. if not, the fram will shot about ~4-5mm. because of how the post was secured, the top of the post will move in.
    3) the conversion chart from tennis to badminton weight is not exactly right. i did some explaning on this already. do a search for it.
    4) it take few practice to get the griping plate to the right place.
    5) it is slower than most of the crank machine.

Once all the kinks are worked out, I was able to string a AT800 @ 25X28lb the other day with YY clamp.

3. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

did you buy the extra badminton plate and weight?
    the plate looks same and someone told me with the big weight you can do from 20+ lb

4. silentheart

Yes and yes. The plate is not the same. If you use the tennis plate, it iwill block the grommet or possible flat the grommet. I bought the badminton weight because I also string for my friend and some of them ask for 18X20 lb or student who use lower tension. Please practice witha a cheap racquet before you go on with your main racquet. Also, the string chart that come with the machine is wrong.

5. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

ya i have 2 aerogear 900 i can try on which seems to be indistructible because my brother threw it on the ground or slipped out of his hand and crashed into hardwood floor so many times and barely paint chips and no cracks at all.

i might just get the mounting plates because all my racquets are tensioned at 22 x 24 or 20x22. or i might pre string so grommet might not matter at all

and i'm still looking for the conversion chart but i'll find it soon :)

and thanks for all your help
    and my main racqet (MP66) is going to store this satruday for warranty claim

#5 chrishin, Mar 8, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  6. silentheart

If you are tensioning higher than 20lb, don't worry about the conversion chart because the tennis weight is enough.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    In theory, yes.

However, with a tennis weight, the scale in between 1 or 2 lbs is very small. A badminton weight should do a much better job, as you can "minorly" adjust the tension with your own willingness (within a reasonable range) during the process. ;)

8. silentheart

Agree, that is why I have both just in case.