What's good strings/tension for Karakal SL-70

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by sHaUnTiZzLe, Mar 9, 2007.

1. sHaUnTiZzLe

sHaUnTiZzLe New Member

i need help. i broke my stings but idonno what strings/tension to get so i havent restrung my raquet since. HELP ME PLZ !:confused:

2. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    My friend has this racquet strung at 28lbs with Yonex BG 80 and it feels amazing to play with. The tension depends on what kind of player you are but I think this is a great combination.

If you have a really powerful smash which snaps string's put the tension lower. I think you will be hard pushed to find a better string than BG 80.

#2 Stealthboy, Mar 9, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  3. Glencoclub-Nick

Glencoclub-Nick Regular Member

28lbs on a SL-70 would be pushing it. It depends how you play, but 23lbs is a safe tension to go with, as for strings its up to you but I would recomend BG80 or NBG95 both are very nice but NBG95 is a bit more durable(but alot more expensive:eek:)

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I'm about to buy one of these, and I'm intending to string it up to 25lb with Nanogy 95 after hearing a lad at my club sing its praises. Since it's so good at holding its tension, I'm hoping it will bed in to between 24 and 25 eventually, as all the reviews I've read of the SL70 suggest that it comes alive at around 25lb.

I've read about a dozen reviews of the SL, and NONE of them have had a bad thing to say about it. I was torn between this, a Carlton Airblade Superlight (possible fragility problems) and an Armortec 800 (too expensive).

5. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    You can string this racquet up to 30lbs I wouldnt bother with 23lbs you won't get the most out of it. At 28lbs it feels out of this world and believe me the frame can handle it. The 3 best string's are Yonex BG80 & Nanogy 95 as well as Ashaway Micro Power. This Racquet with any one of those string's strung at a high tension becomes something else to play with. It is a great all round racquet and you can hit lightning fast drives.

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I'm buying mine the next time I get paid, but looking on Central Sport's website http://www.centralsports.co.uk/shop.php?page=detail&product=5692, I see that the latest incarnation has a maximum recommended tension of 24lb. Does anybody have any idea why (or, indeed, if) this has reduced from the 30lb of the previous version?

Many thanks,

M.:)