User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks... i was playin girls singles once... n i lost like 21-0 =/ so i assume u probably wont do as bad as i did. btw wut school do u go to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

St.Aloysius gonzaga in mississauga.. our team is just crappp minus our seniors .... im ok in singles i just got killed in ROPSSAA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in ropssaa =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just played yesterday. No results worth mentioning but it was a pretty poor tournament if you ask me.

First the lighting was horrible. Extremely dim in some places and extremely bright in others. Walls were white and they used WHITE plastic birds. When I got eliminated in singles, I only ever saw the bird when it was about arms distance from myself, or when it crossed the net.

Second they messed up my friend. In his first round, him and his doubles partner won over another team. They lost their second match and ended up in B flight. In their semi-final match, they faced the same opponents in their first round. His partner had developed severe blisters on two fingers and they lost the match. I did not think it was possible that they would face the same opponents twice since they should have been knocked into C or D flight. So I ask the tournament directors and they admitted they made a mistake but did not offer any gesture to fix or compensate for it!

As we moved onto Mixed Doubles, the same friend's partner was cramping. They asked the so-called "therapist" for help. He walked on court to tell them that he could not help them and to just stretch! Then as I was about to start my quarter-final match, my middle finger started to sting. I looked and saw that a part of the flesh was ripping. I asked the therapist if he had something that could help me remove the loose flesh so it wouldn't keep ripping as I played. He said he didn't. Seems like they just pay him to sit there with his name-tag and look pretty.

Prizes didn't seem very consistent either. For example, the Girls B winner and finalist got a Yonex bag and Yonex backpack respectively. The Boys B finalists got to choose between a Black Knight bag and a Yonex backpack. Not a big deal, most people come for the badminton, not the prizes. However, this year they had no medals!!! Seems extremely poor of a tournament not to give out medals or ANYTHING to really prove your accomplishment. Prizes are great but not at the expense of omitting the medals!

Had some good matches, and I know this tournament is organized by University students but I believe things could've been a lot better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they should've given out medals instead. this is my first time playin at the york tournament... my cousin told me that in the past they gave both medals n prizes to the winners. besides there was alot of players... so i assume they would've had enough money to give out medals and make a profit too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow... fishmilk.. how'd u tear the skin on your middle finger ?=O... and winnie did u get far for the tournement ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i came in 1st for C flight girls doubles n 1st for D flight mixed. i wanted to play in B flight for girls... considerin there wasnt alot of girls there yesterday... i was surprised me n my partner won in mix cuz we never played together before... we've only played like 2-3 times recreationally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.. congrats that's pretty amazing how you and your mixed partner got 1st from only playing a few time together and there wasn't alot of girls there??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no der wasnt alot of girls... der were like less den 30 girls i would say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i was surprised too... i sorta thought we would lose... but he was a good player... he kept on encouragin me. we played doubles position instead of mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's diff positions ? i thought it's always front n back for doubles.... i guess you're both really good players =D you don't need alot of chemistry if you're both really good and doubles players orignially

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mix is wen da girl is always in da front... n da guy is always behind her. doubles is wen u do da front n bac fing... isnt it? hes good but i'm not dat good... i guess da reason y we won is mostly cuz of his smashes i stood der most of da time ahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's 2 main positions for doubles, front/back for the attacking pair, side-to-side for defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm.. i switch from front to back in mixed as i do in doubles from front and back cuz it's hard to move to the front for mized after the person serves you a long.... i think that u dont have to always have the guy in the back...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dats how me n my partner played for da first two games. he told me dat all i had ta do was stay front, return drops n he'll do da rest. we didnt play side side until da end of da 2nd game. he said dat da fing bout playin side side in mix is dat da guy will smash at da girl most of da time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i know that guys ALWAYS pick on the girl because they think they are the weaker one...-_-''

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well most of da time da guy is da stronger player... i guess u cant really blame them ahaha evry1 wants to win

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast