User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea... guys are stronger...sadly :P.. yea guys have an ego and they don't really wanna lose especially to a girl =.=''

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately guys often underestimate girls, but then you could always use that to your advantage .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha so true one of my sister's friend thought he was better than me so for the badminton try-outs he played me and got pwned XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup most guys feel ashamed losin to a girl...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bet he didnt make da team ahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    Just played yesterday. No results worth mentioning but it was a pretty poor tournament if you ask me.

First the lighting was horrible. Extremely dim in some places and extremely bright in others. Walls were white and they used WHITE plastic birds. When I got eliminated in singles, I only ever saw the bird when it was about arms distance from myself, or when it crossed the net.

Second they messed up my friend. In his first round, him and his doubles partner won over another team. They lost their second match and ended up in B flight. In their semi-final match, they faced the same opponents in their first round. His partner had developed severe blisters on two fingers and they lost the match. I did not think it was possible that they would face the same opponents twice since they should have been knocked into C or D flight. So I ask the tournament directors and they admitted they made a mistake but did not offer any gesture to fix or compensate for it!

As we moved onto Mixed Doubles, the same friend's partner was cramping. They asked the so-called "therapist" for help. He walked on court to tell them that he could not help them and to just stretch! Then as I was about to start my quarter-final match, my middle finger started to sting. I looked and saw that a part of the flesh was ripping. I asked the therapist if he had something that could help me remove the loose flesh so it wouldn't keep ripping as I played. He said he didn't. Seems like they just pay him to sit there with his name-tag and look pretty.

Prizes didn't seem very consistent either. For example, the Girls B winner and finalist got a Yonex bag and Yonex backpack respectively. The Boys B finalists got to choose between a Black Knight bag and a Yonex backpack. Not a big deal, most people come for the badminton, not the prizes. However, this year they had no medals!!! Seems extremely poor of a tournament not to give out medals or ANYTHING to really prove your accomplishment. Prizes are great but not at the expense of omitting the medals!

Had some good matches, and I know this tournament is organized by University students but I believe things could've been a lot better.

for the doubles match i think u are talking about the short kid (Victor Lai)
    and why they played them twice was because VICTOR LAI and his partner got a bye in the first round therefore both of them won their first rounds but lost their second round.....which is definately a B flight
    it jus happened that they play each other twice becuase of the draw

this happens in many tourney's like U19 T&D and unoffssa
    as for the lighting....this is not the worse i've seen
    there are many other places that are worse off for tourney's

and for the medals i would agree....i went for the medals and prizes
    prizes are actually quite consistant other than that one or two of them
    the only good prizes comes from Singles A Boys where a bag and raquet was given out.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Boohoo

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    Just played yesterday. No results worth mentioning but it was a pretty poor tournament if you ask me.

First the lighting was horrible. Extremely dim in some places and extremely bright in others. Walls were white and they used WHITE plastic birds. When I got eliminated in singles, I only ever saw the bird when it was about arms distance from myself, or when it crossed the net.

Second they messed up my friend. In his first round, him and his doubles partner won over another team. They lost their second match and ended up in B flight. In their semi-final match, they faced the same opponents in their first round. His partner had developed severe blisters on two fingers and they lost the match. I did not think it was possible that they would face the same opponents twice since they should have been knocked into C or D flight. So I ask the tournament directors and they admitted they made a mistake but did not offer any gesture to fix or compensate for it!

As we moved onto Mixed Doubles, the same friend's partner was cramping. They asked the so-called "therapist" for help. He walked on court to tell them that he could not help them and to just stretch! Then as I was about to start my quarter-final match, my middle finger started to sting. I looked and saw that a part of the flesh was ripping. I asked the therapist if he had something that could help me remove the loose flesh so it wouldn't keep ripping as I played. He said he didn't. Seems like they just pay him to sit there with his name-tag and look pretty.

Prizes didn't seem very consistent either. For example, the Girls B winner and finalist got a Yonex bag and Yonex backpack respectively. The Boys B finalists got to choose between a Black Knight bag and a Yonex backpack. Not a big deal, most people come for the badminton, not the prizes. However, this year they had no medals!!! Seems extremely poor of a tournament not to give out medals or ANYTHING to really prove your accomplishment. Prizes are great but not at the expense of omitting the medals!

Had some good matches, and I know this tournament is organized by University students but I believe things could've been a lot better.

First off I'd like to say that some of the things you mentioned were true.Ie lighting and medals. After that you made some odd points. Someone before me had already corrected that victor had a bye first round so thats how your "friend" played twice. I was at the desk while your friends were complaining waiting for something else. I remember hearing complain that they have an advantage of playing you guys twice that they have an advantage of knowing how you play, but thats true for you guys too.... Also on the note of tearing skin.Suck it up,its just skin it grows up.If it burns or stings play through it. Nothing MAJOR will happen crybaby .Also many people were cramping up.The times were odd so for the people that went home after singles and came back in the morning bodies didnt get enough time to heal obviously. Also the "therapist" wasn't getting paid he is just a student taking some medical courses. Thats all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ksrboi
    First off I'd like to say that some of the things you mentioned were true.Ie lighting and medals. After that you made some odd points. Someone before me had already corrected that victor had a bye first round so thats how your "friend" played twice. I was at the desk while your friends were complaining waiting for something else. I remember hearing complain that they have an advantage of playing you guys twice that they have an advantage of knowing how you play, but thats true for you guys too.... Also on the note of tearing skin.Suck it up,its just skin it grows up.If it burns or stings play through it. Nothing MAJOR will happen crybaby .Also many people were cramping up.The times were odd so for the people that went home after singles and came back in the morning bodies didnt get enough time to heal obviously. Also the "therapist" wasn't getting paid he is just a student taking some medical courses. Thats all
    from waht i know the medic was paid
    dunno how much but pretty sure he was paid
    and he did help as i finished off my singles night with a calf muscle pull
    he wrapped my calf pretty good with ice and a slight massage
    he isn't there for nothing
    but yea....they definately dont have enuff gear for every single injury
    they just prepare for certain injuries that most players will get in tournaments, (eg. pulls, strains ect...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chanman87
    for the doubles match i think u are talking about the short kid (Victor Lai)
    and why they played them twice was because VICTOR LAI and his partner got a bye in the first round therefore both of them won their first rounds but lost their second round.....which is definately a B flight
    it jus happened that they play each other twice becuase of the draw

this happens in many tourney's like U19 T&D and unoffssa
    as for the lighting....this is not the worse i've seen
    there are many other places that are worse off for tourney's

and for the medals i would agree....i went for the medals and prizes
    prizes are actually quite consistant other than that one or two of them
    the only good prizes comes from Singles A Boys where a bag and raquet was given out.....
    I see, well that wasn't what we were told at the desk and it would've been nice to be informed where they would have the peace of mind that they were not cheated out of anything.

The lighting was not bad. The problem is they used WHITE birds against WHITE walls. Combined with the lighting it was quite hard to play in.

Prizes overall were consistent, but there were 1 or 2, and if you were that one person who got a Black Knight bag while someone in the same category got Yonex, I think you'd be a little jealous too.

Quote Originally Posted by ksrboi
    Well it's entirely my opinion. But I think the losing team definitely has the advantage when you play again. Just because they know how you play. Your strengths don't suprise them nor are as effective anymore. It's not a big deal, and I definitely wouldn't have complained if it was made clear to me AT THE DESK, not on a forum.

As for tearing skin. I don't know, I bet if I had no choice, and I wanted it enough I could play through it. HOWEVER, you're telling me this guy didn't have any sort of cutting device what-so-ever? Seems sketchy. Felt more like he didn't want the hassle of finding them for me. As for calling me a crybaby, that was quite unappropriate. I don't know if it's happened to you before, but ripped skin that's in contact with your grip will hurt quite a bit because your grip is tacky and always moving therefore pulling and ripping it on every hit. I think you'd want to treat it before playing too. If you want to be ignorant about it that's fine. It's done and I don't really care.

Overall though, it was an OK tournament. I enjoyed playing badminton and these little things never ruined my experience. These are all MINOR problems and if you guys read my original post. I even stated, I understand that this tournament is run by university students, not professionals, and it could be a BIT better. If you guys can't take criticism, then that's fine, however all that I mentioned WERE problems, could've been avoided/improved and if you were in the shoes of the people facing these problems, I think you would be a bit upset/annoyed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never underestimate a girl.. especially a good looking girl who plays badminton.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3