Broken Prince TT whisper!

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by •ºJazº•, Mar 10, 2007.

1. •ºJazº•

•ºJazº• Regular Member

Great - just my luck. Thought this would never happen to me as I am always so careful with my belongings. Anyway, today whilst playing as usual, I swung my racket, just missed the shuttle, and it swung round and hit me on the elbow.

I heard a bang and felt very worried, only to lift my racket up (which I've had about a year) to find a crack right on a grommet with the racket kind of buckled upwards.

It's called "Prince TT whisper 81" (it's 81 grams) and seeing as the hit on the elbow wasn't that hard, I was expecting it to withstand it. It's factory strung by the way, and bought from Cornwall Sports.

Can I do anything or am I stuck with it? Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 •ºJazº•, Mar 10, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  2. MING PARIS

MING PARIS Regular Member

restaurant owner
    for 30euros I can do the repair for you ,
    MING paris

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i doubt you can claim for it since it'll prolly be considered a clash ... maybe you can contact prince via their website or something to enquire first.

4. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    Your elbow ouch that must have hurt, your elbow must be made of steel. You may as well call up Prince and see what they say. I don't think they will replace it but hey if you don't ask......

5. •ºJazº•

•ºJazº• Regular Member

Thanks all. My friend also said I must have a steel elbow! - Didn't hurt too much, stung for a bit and left a small cut but was too distracted by the broken racket to realise how painful it really was :D I don't think it's worth getting it fixed, as I was planning on getting a new one anyway, thanks though, but it would have been nice to have a spare in my bag and let other people borrow it.

I've emailed Prince, but I'm not expecting anything out of it.

My concern now is whether or not a Yonex 9620-6 bag is too big for me :\

:) Thanks again.

6. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    Hmm if the bag is too big???? Depend's on how many racquet's you have and if you are about to build a collection of them. The 9's are huge the 6's are a decent size. I have been thinking the same thing I think I am gonna go for the 6 too as I can put all my Badminton paraphernalia in there. Have you seen the Yonex RDS 7724-6 Tour? I'm kind of feeling the yellow it's a limited addition bag.:)

If you need a new racquet and want a bag these guys are doing offers if you buy Yonex product's. They give you 40% off most of the bags if you buy a racquet from them and they string it at the tension you want at no extra charge. The racquet's are about the best price you can find in the UK too. I have bought a few off them and they are very good.

here is the link http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1545f2cf9ab28a3/shopdata/0020_Bags/3070_Yonex/yonex.shopscript

#6 Stealthboy, Mar 10, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  7. •ºJazº•

•ºJazº• Regular Member

Think I'm gonna go with the 3, now I'll only have 1 racket. Then all I need is clothes, shoes, drink and a tube of shuttles.

I'm gonna have to carry it around all day so 3 I think it is.

8. •ºJazº•

•ºJazº• Regular Member

Oh and that's what I'm doing :D been planning for ages ;p