All England 2007 : Day 6 (3/11) Final

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by snasirin, Mar 10, 2007.

1. snasirin

snasirin Regular Member

Lecturer
    Who do you think are going to win? Any ideas?

#1 snasirin, Mar 10, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

Ld
    Xxf
    Kkk/tbh
    Yw/zjw
    Gl/zb

3. black_knight006

black_knight006 Regular Member

Work at a pro-shop
    I agree on all accounts:eek:

4. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Men singles: Lin Dan(no doubt), the last time these two played against each other was at the World Cup 2006 final, and if anyone of you have watched that match, you will know Lin Dan will dominate if he goes all out on Chen Yu. Example: the first 7 pts of 1st game in World Cup 06 final. Absolutely dominant!!!:cool:

Women singles: XXF... unless you are on drugs, you won't bet against XXF.:p

Women doubles:YW/ZJW... they should win this before LYB decides to split them up.

Men doubles: Cai/Fu... on paper, KKK/TBH has the advantage over the Chinese, but Cai/Fu has a point to prove as they have yet to win anything ever since WC 06 + KKK may not want to be bald afterall.:p

Cai/Fu will show them what World Champs are all about, if Malaysians are really that good at defense, then Fu will probably have to start breaking his own smashing record!!!

Mix doubles:ZB/GL... Now that Gao Ling doesn't need to worry about women doubles, and ZB is such a serious player... Can anybody stop them from winning tomorrow??? Maybe, but just not Anthony/Donna(not that they are not good, just not good enough)

Once All-England is over, we will hear all the Non-China supporters scream and cry about how China dominates and clean sweep this tournament, and the most popular phrase tomorrow will be:

"KKK and TBH did their best, and hope they can do better in the Swiss open":p:D:D:D

#4 bananaboy, Mar 10, 2007
  5. snasirin

snasirin Regular Member

Lecturer
    I have to agree with your bet but Lin Dan is going to have a tough fight.

WEI Yili & ZHANG Yawen have done prety well so far as they have beaten GAO Ling & HUANG Sui who 're AE women doubles for 6 times.

Judging upon their consistency so far, Malaysian double should give an excellent fight. The most consistent pair Malaysia has produced so far I guess.

6. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

Hongyan Pi Cheering thread for AE 2007 Final

Maybe I'm too much enthusiastic, but I'm a great fan of Hongyan Pi.

Hongyan, you're a great player.

All the best to you for the final match against XXF.

:) :)

7. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Good job, Pi Hongyan. I'm cheering for her too. :)

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

MS: LD 55:45 CY. Yes when LD speed up, few can answer. However we should keep in mind that LD is not superman. He cannot really "speed up" through out the match. That's why we see so many "3rd game dominance" since LD cleverly reserves some energy in the first 2. CY is a very good player.

WS: XXF 52:48 PHY. Judging on past encounters, XXF should win easily. But, judging on past encounters, ZN should also win easily over PHY.

MD: KKK/TBH 52:48 CY/FHF. Koo/Tan seem to be in good form. If they are as excited as MAS MD final, then it's not a problem of how well they can defense, it is how long CY/FHF can hold on under the strongest attacking power on earth (although FHF smashes like crazy, CY is much weaker in smashes and they have to think about switching whenever CY is at the back. No such problem for Koo/Tan. They can just keep on attacking.)

WD: Yw/ZJW 60:40 ZYW/WYL. Yang/Zhang must have felt the pressure of having to be broken up if they do not do great. And they are doing great in the past two weeks.

XD: GL/ZB 70:30 AC/DK. No problem for GL/ZB. The only pair having hope to win against them is NR/GE.

9. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Prediction:

MS: LD. The only Chinese players who had good record against LD was Chen Hong who already retired. So LD in maybe 3 sets.

WS: XXF. No doubt.

MD: Cai/Fu had an advantage here being past winner meanwhile Malaysia pairs probably had another choke on very important final tournaments.

WD: Yang/Zhang.

XD: GL/ZB. Wow!! If they win, it will be their 4 title in a row from Asian Games 2006.

10. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

Wrong. If they win, it will be their 5th title in a row.

11. Ricky.S

Ricky.S New Member

Sorry folks but it's not going to be a "Chinese Take-away"! Anthony Clark & Donna Kellogg are going to kick arse in Sunday's final - I hope!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the Chinese players and have been since LYB/TB, Zhao Jianhua, Yang Yang, etc and now Chen Hong & Lin Dan. However, I obviously want my fellow country-men to win especially as they've played so well and they deserve it! From their performance in the last two days that I've witnessed, they're definitely hungry for it.

We'll see in the final ...

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Put in this way, may the better player/team win except the Malaysians(must win) :D

13. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

haha, how unbiased and unpolitically correct of you ... :rolleyes:

14. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

Yeah, I hope Pi Hongyan can win too because this is one of her rare chance as she is so close to an All England title!!

I'm still bummed out about TG/CW's loss and PG's early exit though. :(

But I am so glad to see that Malaysia has found a stable MD pair. Paired up only recently, they've already shown consistency. They are sure to be even more dominance and become as legendary as Ricky/Rexy, Tony/Candra, Kim/Ha.

#14 virusvoodoo, Mar 10, 2007
  15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Expect Fireworks tonight in the Match between KKK/TBH and CAi/Fu. Well i have to root for my countrymen. Hope to see KKK bald too! ehhe.. see you bro.
    In her match with Zhang Ning, i can see that Pi played well. But she showed some of her weaknesses that XXF can take advantage of. XXF have better stamina and much faster. I think i would rate this WS match 55/45 XXF would win.
    Mixed doubles on paper would go for the Chinese...but i'm rooting for the BRITS! go BRITS!

16. SiuMcFung

SiuMcFung Regular Member

just got back from the AE semis...feels good to watch live badminton again...i really missed it....last time i watched it was back in 1990 when ZJH beat jok suprianto in the final OMG he beat him so badly

17. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

CY over LD – I’d say it is 50:50. But I would bet on CY since I think he will play all out tomorrow to show himself. This opportunity was not given when CH was in the team but now is the chance!!!

XXF over PHY – I really hope PHY to win but I think it is not likely on the paper. Who on earth can beat both ZH and XXF in the same tournament?? Has anybody ever done that??? We shall see. Best wish goes to PHY. Break the great wall!!!

kkk/tbh over FHF/CY – Alfa2 must be laughing now cause I picked the Malaysian over the Chinese. I think both of the team has equal chance to win, but I will give that extra 1% to the Malaysian for their strong fighting spirit.

Yw/ZJW over ZYW/WYL

GL/ZB over AC/DK – Nice to see the home favor to made it to the final, but this should be as far as they can go. GL and ZB is overwhelming with their unbeatable record.

18. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    LD over CY – this wont be the toughest match for LD. im guessing 3 games (or 2 close ones), but the 3rd game will be a blowout for LD.

XXF over PHY – very unlikely XXF will lose. id say 60:40

kkk/tbh , FHF/CY – for me, it's 50:50. i just wanna enjoy watching this game

Yw/ZJW over ZYW/WYL

GL/ZB over AC/DK – cake walk for the chinese pair, especially when GL doesnt have to worry about WD.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lin Dan vs Chen Yu -- unless Chen Yu is performing exceptionally, it's Lin Dan's title.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun vs Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong -- match of the day and it will be an entertaining match. Both are fast and powerful...it could be a thriller.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Xie Xingfang vs Pi Hongyan -- Pi has surprised us yesterday...but...Xie to win today!

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen vs Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen -- a swansong All-England title for Yang/Zhang before they retire?

MIXED DOUBLES
    Zheng Bo/Gao Ling vs Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg -- wow..England has a representative in the Final yet again and the home crowd will be in full force to support the dark horse. However, Gao Ling will be at her best to make up for her disappointment in the WD.

20. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

I think Wang Lin did in the 2006 China Masters to win the WS title!