adidas and nike badminton shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by killersmash, Mar 11, 2007.

1. killersmash

killersmash Regular Member

i read many threads about adidas and nike badminton shoes.. my question is are they good for badminton? is the sole good( do u need to wet ur sole every rally? ) ?. i have a shb 99 limited but i want a spare shoe.. i dun have enough money to buy another shb series so i wanna try other shoes.. can anyone reccomend which badminton shoe ( non yonex ) is good ? dun tell me only the brand.. i wanna know the model too :D ur replies are much appreciated

2. azn_bdmntn_boi

azn_bdmntn_boi Regular Member

Don't buy nike shoes! They suck! They lost their grip after like a week. Try the victor vt-76, it looks and performs very similar to the shb 99, a bit more cushion, but for almost half the price. I think you can get it at www.mattshop.com.tw , if you can read chinese, that is.

3. killersmash

killersmash Regular Member

ok.. ty for ur reply.. wad about adidas?

4. azn_bdmntn_boi

i have a pair, used it for about a year while i was waiting for the new shb90. I think it was called big roar or someting, i think its like a multipurpose indoor court shoe. Its....okay, i guess. really not any cushioning, and my feet would get blisters after, but that was probably my own problem.
    as for other non-yonex shoes, asics would be a pretty good brand, or victor and mizuno
    adidas stabils would probably be a better choice, as i see alot of badminton and squash players wearing them.
    sry if my previous reply sounded like a marketing response..

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    You get what you paid for... with Nike, you pay more for the brand name and not much else. Personally, I would pay a little more for brands well-respected in their particular specialties: Mizuno and Asics come to mind when it comes to badminton and volleyball. You might not be able to afford them right now, but over time and a little perseverance you will be able to get it. Your feet will thank you for them.

6. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

If u ask me between Nike and Adidas...i will go for Adidas...
    first,i have wore Yonex before this...
    i would like to tell u Adidas have more grip than Yonex does...
    coz now i am wearing Adidas Big Roar...quite nice..more comfort compare to Yonex(Not gred A one )
    and the price is more affordable...i buy my pair with Rm140 ....
    and those Yonex gred A will cost about Rm4xx....
    and Adidas have many choice too...
    just my 2 cents....

7. Rendra

Rendra Regular Member

Project Consultant
    Adidas Court Stabil 2

I have been using the above shoe for about 2 months now and I must say they are definitely top class.
    Absolute comfort and grip. Looks fantastic too! My only problem is that it looks so good that I tend to wear it off court too. Mine is two-tone Silver and Orange and I cant seem to find another one in the store to use as casual wear.

8. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

yup...its very comfort and very grip....
    and the shape looks great...

9. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

I currently use a pair of Adidas Wirano Indoor Court shoes that I bought at a clearance sale about 2 years ago. My pros and cons

Pros
    - Cheap price $30 CDN when I bought them
    - Look pretty decent
    - Cushioning has been pretty good with no complaints

Cons
    - I have a flat foot so I need better arch support
    - When playing on the dusty/slippery floors these shoes have very little grip.

Now that I have been improving my footwork, I find the lack of grip in my club's courts to be a real detriment. Whenever I have to make sudden change in direction, I find I lose that vital half second or second that changes an easy shot to a much harder shot.

I compared the soles of my shoes to my wife's Asics Indoor Court shoes (Not sure if they are badminton specific) and noticed that the rubber is softer and more translucent on my wife's shoes. In comparing the grip of the two shoes, the difference is like night and day.

Regardless of brand my suggestion is to really take a good look at the soles of the shoe that you would like to buy. If the rubber is of the harder more opaque variety, you will more then likely not get the grip you desire regardless of the brand. You will notice the difference just by pushing the sole of the across the palm of your hand.

10. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
  11. Heftiforex

Heftiforex Regular Member

I wear adidas stabil 6. its a great shoe for me. [​IMG]

this shoe is designed for indoor racket sports as wel as handball. In my club almost all playrs wear Yonex SHB XX shoes and i have to say their shoes break into pieces after few weeks or they loose color, while my adidas are stil in top shape after 1 year.

12. azn_bdmntn_boi

hmm..im not relly sure about those shoes.. most of the places that i go to play dont allow black soled shoes, as they leave a mark on the floor. most court shoes for badminton are have rubber soles, and in some courts, if you mark the floor u have to pay a heavy fine.
    but thats just my personal opinion and if u normally play at rec centers and like to have those shoes for many other sports, then those shoes are just fine.

13. liddokun

liddokun Regular Member

Student =D
    that particular colour of that shoe has a black sole..but other colours of the Stabil 6 have a gum sole....if you shop around you can get one for a nice price...I got my pair of stabil 6 for $27.50 canadian (including tax). Not bad. The shoe is very comfortable and stable (no pun intended). I like the appearance as well.

14. Rendra

Rendra Regular Member

Project Consultant
    Are u kidding me!!!! That is a fantastic price? U wouldnt by any chance know where I can get a pair online do u?

I own a pair of Stabil 2, silver and orange and I love them.

15. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    LOL your right it is really cheap. TELL US !!! where you get them.:D

16. Heftiforex

Um, it does not matter what color of the sole it has. it is non-marking sole. i play this shoe for 1 year now and it never made a black mark on the floor. it is also written on the sole "non marking"

#16 Heftiforex, Mar 20, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  17. liddokun

liddokun Regular Member

Student =D
    Well, like I said above, I got really lucky and found a pair at my local Adidas Outlet. It was on clearance. Maybe you will be able to find a pair too...the Adidas store I bought it from only had one pair, but it also sells Court Stabil 2 for $59.99. Like I said, I was really lucky. :D Good luck to you guys.

18. Heftiforex

today i tested the new stabil 7. i like it that much, that i will buy them soon and put my stabil 6 aside.

19. liddokun

liddokun Regular Member

Student =D
    That's cool. I really want to try out the 7, however the Stabil are hard to come buy here, I was lucky to get my 6.

20. Rendra

Rendra Regular Member

Project Consultant
    I did a websearch and there are plenty of offers from canada for all kinds of adidas shoes including the stabil 7.