User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both of them are doing alright. I don't think KKK will have his head shaved bald in Swiss Open.. its cold. Maybe he will do it when he come back to Msia.. hahah but you will neverknow.. maybe his teammates will shave for him there in Swiss open

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My heartiest congratulations to this talented pair and may they continue to improve and make the Beijing Olympic gold their most important target.

Congratualtions too to Boon Heong's parents for having faith in him and the badminton loving fans in Kedah, especially TBH's father's friends, including our very own kokcheng.

Just like to see how KKK would look like with his bald head. If he is still bald when he comes down to Singapore for the Aviva Open, I would like to have a pic taken with him. I already had one with him and his lady partner during the Melbourne Commonwealth Games last March!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Both of them are doing alright. I don't think KKK will have his head shaved bald in Swiss Open.. its cold. Maybe he will do it when he come back to Msia.. hahah but you will neverknow.. maybe his teammates will shave for him there in Swiss open
    All KKK needs to do now is vow to get his hair back instantly should he reach the SF of SwO (discount given for playing 2 events there!) That way he get to keep his hair before getting back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reli feel the happiness after the winning of KKK & TBH, ending the draught of Malaysia in MD All England for 25 yrs. Can't stop to imagine the new look of KKK....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha,today most of Malaysian newspaper had KKK/TBH on front page.It tribute to them coz makes all Malaysian happy.I'm still on the high sky now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

■ 經過了25年漫長的等待,古健傑(右)與陳文宏週日(11日)終於在伯明翰舉行的全英羽球賽上再度捧回了男 子雙打冠軍,實現了國人的期望。健傑與文宏是在男雙決賽中以21比15、21比18兩局直落壓倒世界排名第 一的中國球員蔡贇與傅海峰,在世界最悠久,創辦於1898年的全英羽球賽上奪得至高榮譽。(法 新社照片)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Just another piece of news

Kien Keat-Boon Heong Moved By Prime Minister's Support

From Jaiarajo Letchumanan

BIRMINGHAM, March 12 (Bernama) -- The All- England men's doubles champions Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong received a pleasant surprise when Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi called them by telephone to congratulate the Malaysian duo on their victory after the match.

They had also received a similar call from Youth and Sports minister Datuk Azalina Othman Said.

"We were caught by surprise when told that the Prime Minister was on the line and wanted to speak to us. I thanked the Prime Minister for his personal support and for taking the time to call us," said Kien Keat.

He added that the call came about 20 minutes after the match had ended last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Koo Kien Keat performs a jig after seeing his tap tumble over the net to set up match point as China’s Cai Yun goes sprawling in a bid to retrieve the bird.

Source: The Star, 2007
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubles Victory Shows M'sians Can Rank Among The Best, Says Abdullah

PUTRAJAYA, March 12 (Bernama) -- The spirit of "Malaysia Boleh" shown by the Malaysian team who won the All-England men's doubles title in Birmingham yesterday indicated that Malaysia and Malaysians could rank among the best in the world, Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said Monday.

The prime minister said the Malaysians' spirit, faith and values would determine whether Malaysia and Malaysians could achieve the desired position.

Abdullah on behalf of the Malaysians congratulated Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong for winning the title.

"We got back what we lost 25 years ago," he said in his acceptance speech after being conferred the Napoleon Hill Foundation Global Leadership Award at the Putrajaya International Convention Centre, here.

Abdullah said he watched the match and described it as a very exciting moment.

"I am happy they have won. I have tried to call them. Surprisingly, the prime minister could not get in touch with them," he said in jest.

The duo defeated world champions and top seeds Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng of China in the final match 21-15, 21-18 for the title at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.

Razif and Jalani Sidek were the last Malaysian pair to secure the title in 1982.

>>Even PM said it an exiting games..hah
    Last edited by ixory; 03-12-2007 at 01:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woohoo! Damn straight they did.

Those guys did great. I shouted till I grew hoarse. My throat is still a little scratchy. xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xxept0
    Woohoo! Damn straight they did.

Those guys did great. I shouted till I grew hoarse. My throat is still a little scratchy. xD
    while some other malaysian got itchy throat

So, we all just watched an itchy and scratchy show?
    Last edited by cooler; 03-12-2007 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ixory
    Correction, that not the first time they meet.They already meet 3 times(correct me if i'm wrong),they kill LJJ/HJM once at Asian Games Doha in Individual even but failed in team even ,now it 2-1 credit to Korean.
    Thanks for the correction and sorry for posting my previous message without doing proper research. They have actually met 4 times to date and the results were in pendulum manner ...

JO 2nd round - MAS won (21-12, 14-21, 21-17)
    Asiad team SF - KOR won (21-14, 23-21)
    Asiad MD Round of 16 - MAS won (21-18, 21-14)
    KO SF - KOR won (21-10, 21-18)

That means LJJ/HJM is the only pair in the world who has beaten KKK/TBH twice to date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so happy and don't know how to express the feelings by seeing Malaysian Doubles winning the All England title.

Good Luck to them for the forth coming tournaments and be mentally prepared.Rexy(coach) done his best and hats off to him.

I hope after this,men's single could show some suprises as the doubles.All it depends on their mental strength.

Anyways good luck to all of them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inky2000
    Thanks for the correction and sorry for posting my previous message without doing proper research. They have actually met 4 times to date and the results were in pendulum manner ...

That means LJJ/HJM is the only pair in the world who has beaten KKK/TBH twice to date.
    Yeah, and the Koreans and TG/CW are the only ones so far that have been able to beat Koo/Tan in international competitions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAM, Rexy and their respective families/colse friends must help them realise their full potential. Staying humble and not letting achievements go to their head will make them great champions in the years to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inky2000

but in AE, LJJ and HJM wasnt teamed up together right? This Korean pair was one of my favourite too, i foresee them overtaking LYD as Korea's top pair in near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JustmeUK
    the boys really did us proud . I was watching this on TV and my gf came in to ask me what I was screaming so much for!

anyway I recorded it all and I plan on releasing it as a torrent once I get it reencoded which should take 2 days I hope (using x264 so much slower than xvid but quality should be better) .
    Thanks so much, looking forward to download this torrent. Please post it here when it is done

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast